New firmware released - 2.4.1 beta / 2.4.2 beta

• To see the current releases/public betas watch the official announcement thread. Just copying to information to a different, already pretty cluttered thread is useless.

Considering that this is a thread about 2.4.2 it would seem that that it would not be totally inappropriate to add that information here as well. More importantly, I am with those who don't appreciate moderators interfering with posts unless what is said is illegal or over the top (like racial slurs etc.) If users want to come to this "pretty cluttered thread" and add to it, why would that bother any one? If people don't, then the thread will drop off but we don't really need a moderator to decide this for us!

• Just copying to information to a different, already pretty cluttered thread is useless.

If posting information about new fw release in thread dedicated to new fw discussion is useless...then man, I don't know what is going on here... ?(?(?(

• timo
    I can tell you what I see as useless: Not releasing RM version which works with stable fw 2.3.3. even after many KPA users complained about it. That is more useless than my post.
    But we can do nothing about it. :( Kemper can. I think it means, they should do it. Customers should always go to first place. At least this is the way I think in my business.
    You can at least delete our posts. But remember that just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

PS1. I personally don't need that corrected RM. I have found workaround for myself and shared it on forums to help others. Unfortunately not every user is capable or willing to go that way.
    PS2. I am sorry for my (maybe) stronger words, but now I am little disturbed.

• Wow! Thanks bro. This worked perfectly. I was having a heck of a time getting it to recognize the update and this worked the first time. Awesome

• Same here gigged it today and all was well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing 2.4.2 for much of the day and think that with the XLR outs at least it is sounding great. My only wish for RM is that they remove the rate rig stuff but hope they allow you to use it with 2.3.3 too (as it should always work with the most stable release)

• Also running 2.4.2 with no issues.

I'm not sure what all the fuss was about timo deleting the release notes. It's not like anybody is going to dig through the 17 pages of posts (currently and will continue to grow) to find the release notes. It's too easy to go to the Kemper download site and get them. Re-posting the release notes would only make sense if a new thread were started for each new OS release.

• I find it interesting that there is such a wide range of experience with 2.4.2. Some folks hear things that really are problematic and others are extolling its virtues. I dont envy the Kemper folks having to troubleshot such a wide array of customer feedback.

• I find it interesting that there is such a wide range of experience with 2.4.2. Some folks hear things that really are problematic and others are extolling its virtues. I dont envy the Kemper folks having to troubleshot such a wide array of customer feedback.

Which is why I think people should post before and after audio (like the guy did who was having ghosting issues) if they have a problem.

• I just tested 2.4.2, 2.4.1 and 2.4.0 against each other. In this round unlike before I could find no noticeable difference although beyond the phasing effect being slightly less evident on 2.4.0 when adjusting the cab's high and low values, also when adjusting the cab character parameter in 2.4.2 there seems to be some crackling/skipping effect for a second or so before it settled down (calculating the new effect in the background maybe?), using SPDIF and this did sound similar to a loss of sync. I'm not sure why i got such a dramatic difference last time around, nothing changed, this time I was testing using some VSP profiles that had no cab setting changes by default.

I didn't do an exhaustive test, i.e. proper re-amp of identical track, check waveform as well as frequency graph, and check profiling in all three to see if there were any difference there. However I'm sure someone else can do that. Until they do I'd say that differences in sound between 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 are psychological till proved otherwise.

• I have been playing 2.4.2 for much of the day and think that with the XLR outs at least it is sounding great. My only wish for RM is that they remove the rate rig stuff but hope they allow you to use it with 2.3.3 too (as it should always work with the most stable release)

Could'nt agree more!

• I think we could discuss all new firmware releases in one thread, so all the information regarding bugs and beta testing will be in one place.
    After each new release, title can be changed to reflect latest fw number.
    I can also think of continuing th Djemass's thread about 2.4.0.
    What do you think?

Disagree strongly with one thread for numerous firmware releases.

Will