M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Mike, I just bought Pack 2 from you after really enjoying your first pack... looking forward to trying them out over the next week or two. After all this glowing praise, wouldn't surprise me one bit that I'll love quite a lot of them and put them into my live rotation.

Thanks for adding to this wonderful community, keep it up, along with all the other really good commercial profilers out there. I think all of you are really pushing the envelope and getting the Kemper more widely known and appreciated.

Gary ô¿ô

• By the way, the profiles I use work for all my guitars, electric (Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, ES-335, PRS Baritone ect.) and acoustic (nylon, steel, 12-string, acoustic baritone), too. It's amazing what the KPA is able to do. :thumbup:

Funny, I ALWAYS have to tweak the profile for my different guitars before it works equally well. More often than not though, I'll just find a new profile. I've got better knowing what amps to go after since I first got my KPA and the whole world of amps was opened up to me...!

Cheers,
    Sam

• There is something very strange going on with these profiles. I bought pack no. 1 and first of all liked it. So I did a comment here and said: everythig fine with the profiles. But after I realy got deeper into it, it turned out that I don't use any of them. Most of them were to dark sounding, no definition in the bass, like a curtain in front of the speaker. I have many more suitable ones. I play strat with Kloppmann Pickups into Kemper FRFR ( and headphones) plus Matrix GT800FX into 2 EV12L. So that's not a bad equipment. What am I doing wrong? I don't dare to buy the pack no. 2. The price is surely ok. But it doesn't make sense to me. Just don't understand why everybody is so much freaking out about it. Strange. Maybe it only works with a real amp as poweramp. But that's senseless for me. If I have to bring a real amp, I don't need the Kemper.
    At the moment my best profile is one from the workshop. PW something. Very good! Mmh - I don't know what's going on.

• There is something very strange going on with these profiles. I bought pack no. 1 and first of all liked it. So I did a comment here and said: everythig fine with the profiles. But after I realy got deeper into it, it turned out that I don't use any of them. Most of them were to dark sounding, no definition in the bass, like a curtain in front of the speaker. I have many more suitable ones. I play strat with Kloppmann Pickups into Kemper FRFR ( and headphones) plus Matrix GT800FX into 2 EV12L. So that's not a bad equipment. What am I doing wrong? I don't dare to buy the pack no. 2. The price is surely ok. But it doesn't make sense to me. Just don't understand why everybody is so much freaking out about it. Strange. Maybe it only works with a real amp as poweramp. But that's senseless for me. If I have to bring a real amp, I don't need the Kemper.
    At the moment my best profile is one from the workshop. PW something. Very good! Mmh - I don't know what's going on.

There's nothing wrong, I bought Mike's pack 1, too and I don't use it. It's just a matter of taste, guitars, playing techniques, cabs + amps ect. I made the same experience, the pack is too dark sounding for my taste. But as you can see for many here it's the best pack in the world and some even would have sold their KPA without the MBritt-pack.

But that's ok, everybody can have his favourite profiles, we don't have to be the same. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I was one who was not impressed with the first pack. Not to my tastes. So I was shy to buy the second pack. But I decided to simply ask Mike if he could spot me a few profiles from Pack 2 so I could see if the impressions others here were having were also true for me. Namely that it was "better" and "wow" etc. He did, and I was truly impressed. So I decided in good faith to buy the second pack.

So this is what I did:
    1) Upped the volume to normalize them to the higher volume I am accustomed to with my profiles.
    2) Played them with in my favorite headphones and Live through a 2x12
    3) Played through with my favorite Humbucker, P90 and NOT my favorite Single Coils, to see if profiles still sucked with that guitar, haha.

Here are my impressions:
    1) These profiles work, un-tweaked (beside my volume changes), in Headphones and Live. I almost always have to tweak to get a good Live sound since I leave the CAB on. These required no tweaks. They are Plug n Play for Live with my setup. Wow. That impressed the hell out of me!

2) These worked with ALL my guitars choices. Ok, my LP, RS4, Axis Sport love crunch & distortion, no surprise, but my Strat HATES most distortion profiles. When I played my Strat, every profile sounded great! Many times a great distortion for my LP sounds muddy from my Strat. Not here. They literally ALL worked for ALL my guitars. I've NEVER seen a collection of profiles that had that capability. Again, this impressed the hell out of me!

3) There are a huge variety of Crunch and Distortion, some cleans, and they are right to the sweet spots.

4) Volumes of clean, crunch & distortion are very well normalized, with no huge jumps in volume from high gain to clean

5) Normally some pedals on the more distorted profiles get a bit muddier, almost muffier. Not so here, the pedals actually augment the tones yielding rather unique profiles. And this is the first time I liked profiles profiled using the Tim pedal, or any pedal! (I know that pedal personally, but I suspect the extra gain people use pedals for in profiling is something they haven't tamed in the profiling process)

The price for these is "right", but actually cheap considering the number of "keepers". I normally keep 5-30% from most commercial profilers. With TAF I've had packs where I kept 80% of them (that is, ones I find very useful) My gold standard for comparing profiles to is Andy's Boutique Pack 6 which has lovely crunch and distortions that I love. This pack is in that vein of powerful tones.

The bang for the buck, the variety and flexibility of this pack make it, IMO, the best pack available. And that Dumble is crazy good.

So, my Hat is off to you, Mike, for making a collection of entirely useful, highly flexible, and most enjoyable profiles. I AM wowed. Whatever you did here, I hope you took photos, wrote down settings, and stick with it. Don't change a thing!!

Now, my ears are ringing like hell. In fact, they hurt a bit. But you all know: it's a Good kind of Hurt! ;)

• Agree with Guenter, I guess it's taste and time. I remember a year ago nothing could beat the profiles of Andy and Armin. We all like to constantly work on our sound tot improve it. When i listen back tot older songs which i have recorded with Andy/Armin profiles I don't hear that much difference with the newer songs which i made with mbritt's profiles.
    Could it be the Kemper has a kind of sound on its own? Songs on http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtKOpu0kdGLftjKo9To76zw wheels on my heels and nog sorry when tour gone made with mbritt, rest with Andy/Armin. I don't know which profiles exactly, i just dial something in.
    But live I prefer mbritt on my dxr12, matter of taste :)

• It's been proven ATM that the Profiler has got no sound signature. You might otherwise always tell it from the real amp, which is almost never the case :D

db: it's not clear to me whether you could successfully have pack1 work for you as well :)

• Could it be the Kemper has a kind of sound on its own?

No, of course not. It's more that you got a signature sound the way you play and I mean it as a compliment.
    Sound is in the fingers after all.
    I just listened to your music on Youtube.
    Great stuff!

• I just don't like statements like "this pack is the best", because there are so many excellent profiles available and nobody can know all of them.

The same crap happens all the time when new paid rigs come out.......what about the free rigs that people are working to get full amp profiles and then new paid rigs come out and they are "the best thing ever". It occurs with several different scenarios...

On the Dumble side of things can someone that has bought pack two try out the Dumble profiles with a Les Paul style guitar and record or comment on the sound compared to the recording? I am interested in those specifically so I'd like to know they are out of this world before spending money solely for those profiles.

Mike - I noticed your rig changed after the second pack with you now using a Ceriatone rather than an EVH 5150 III. Can you elaborate on why you chose that one over the Fuchs? Maybe your just using the power section so it doesn't matter???, but I'm curious as I'm in the market to buy the ODS clone and make some profiles.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Mike - I noticed your rig changed after the second pack with you now using a Ceriatone rather than an EVH 5150 III. Can you elaborate on why you chose that one over the Fuchs? Maybe your just using the power section so it doesn't matter???, but I'm curious as I'm in the market to buy the ODS clone and make some profiles.

To be honest, I got a really smoking' deal on that road case but it was too narrow for the EVH. I was also looking for a Dumble clone at the same time and found the Ceriatone on eBay at a good price so I got that one. I also rented a Fuchs to profile from a local cartage company for some variety and to see how close they were. I don't know if you can tell from the clips but the overdrive character is very similar. All in all, the Ceriatone has less low end than the real Dumble but is similar in many ways. Anyway, the Ceriatone fit and I'm just using it for the power amp and some stage volume so I'm just using the Ceriatone until I can get Jamie to build me a dedicated power amp. Fuchs was way more expensive, I think, too, but sounds great. I might give the Fuchs a minor advantage over the Ceriatone based on the amount of time I spent with it, but I'm not sure if it outweighs the extra money. They're all cheaper than the real Dumble. ;)

• <p>I still say what I've said before, if you find these profiles too dark or no definition in the low end you haven't played these at volume through a decent PA..... They aren't even close to dark. Sure some things are opinion but &quot; blanket over the speaker&quot; or whatever is not even close to what these sound like. I get the vibe a lot of people dial in wayyyy too much high end at low volumes with their kemper when I hear comments like that. &nbsp;The matchless from pack 1, the 3p profiles and many of the klon boosted profiles would tear your head off at volume with more high end.</p>

• I was one who was not impressed with the first pack. Not to my tastes. So I was shy to buy the second pack. But I decided to simply ask Mike if he could spot me a few profiles from Pack 2 so I could see if the impressions others here were having were also true for me. Namely that it was "better" and "wow" etc. He did, and I was truly impressed. So I decided in good faith to buy the second pack.)

Is there a big difference between the two packs? Like I said for my taste and purpose the profiles from pack 1 were a bit too dark sounding and on some profiles I missed a clear definition in the bass frequencies. Would be interesting to get an opinion from somebody knowing both packs.

By the way, I think the price for the packs is fair and not too expensive.

VESmedic: I'm far away from using too much treble at low volumes, but it's a big difference if you're using active studio-monitors or f.e. FRFR-cabs. If I compare my studio-monitors (Klein & Hummel, Genelec) to my FRFR-cab (Matrix Q12a), the Q12a will have more treble generally at the same volumes. Of course guitars may play a big role, too, my favourite ones are vintage guitars ('54 tele blackguard, '58 strat) with original pick-ups, Mike is playing Tom Andersons with P90's and many guitarist may prefer Les Pauls or humbucker guitars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• I generally find Mike's profiles to be nicely EQ'ed for both direct recording and through a 2x12 closed back with V30s via the power amp in the KPA.
    If they are a little dark, I add treble. Too bassy, roll down the bass a little.
    No big deal.

• I guess I don't understand the point of spending time declaring opposition to the quality of the these profiles. I agree with you VESmedic. I know it's the Internet and everybody needs to have their $.02 but to be offended because a few of us think these are the best that we have used is ludicrous. It's been said about others profile ya know. By the way...anyone know if theres a RM or Pro Profile Sheriff's job opening in these here parts??? LMAO keep up the good work Mike, I personally endorse and love your blanket series!!!! All in good fun boys!!! It's "Southern humor"

• I guess I don't understand the point of spending time declaring opposition to the quality of the these profiles. I agree with you VESmedic. I know it's the Internet and everybody needs to have their $.02 but to be offended because a few of us think these are the best that we have used is ludicrous. It's been said about others profile ya know. By the way...anyone know if theres a RM or Pro Profile Sheriff's job opening in these here parts??? LMAO keep up the good work Mike, I personally endorse and love your blanket series!!!! All in good fun boys!!! It's "Southern humor"

haha!! I totally get what you're SAYIN no doubt. I guess my point is, I could totally see why some may think these are "too dark" at low volumes in your house not through a PA etc, only reason why I'm saying anything I guess. I just wan people to hear what I'm hearing in a way, because I understand where some are coming from when just listening in their house.

• haha!! I totally get what you're SAYIN no doubt. I guess my point is, I could totally see why some may think these are "too dark" at low volumes in your house not through a PA etc, only reason why I'm saying anything I guess. I just wan people to hear what I'm hearing in a way, because I understand where some are coming from when just listening in their house.

I'm using the first pack through monitor, Atomic CLR and PA and, with my guitars, some of them sound dark compared to other profiles I have but they work for me after some tweaking. My current rig set is composed by profiles from Andy, MW and M. Britt and all of them are very good.