Profiler Operating System 3.3.0 Public Beta online

• Citing @Burkhard: We just release 3.3.0 Public Beta, which includes a few fixes and is compatible with future Rig and Preset file formats.
    In order to establish communication between Profiler and PC/MAC Rig Manager revision 1.5 (Build 34) is required!
    Like with revision 3.2.1 Performances created under this operating
    system are not downward compatible with software revisions before 3.2!
    Modifications will get lost!

Let's put 3.3.0 through its paces in order to get the new stuff rolled out. ;)

• I wish I had two kempers so I could designate one for test to participate in the beta but I can't afford the time and risk necessary to put the beta through its paces on my production machine. ;(

• I wonder if 3.3 fixes an issue I had with no signal this week. Prior to last week, I've exclusively used the FCB1010 with uno4 Kemper and never had an issue. However, after getting the remote this week, and using an expression pedal set to control volume for the first time (not counting the FCB1010 connected through midi) I lost my signal during for entire performance, that is leading a worship service. Thought it might be related to the Kemper acting odd after exiting tuner mode with the expression pedal. As I had no sound no matter what I did, and determined that the issue must have been a bug in the Kemper, as it didn't register notes in the tuner, which worked perfect prior to and after the service and no lose cables or anything like that. Didn't even get a buzz when tapping the plug on the cable that plugged directly into the Kemper.

• We are preparing 4.0, which will introduce new data formats for Rigs and Presets. Those are required to support new features. 3.3 doesn't delay that process, but is a prerequisite. 3.3 introduces a few fixes AND is already able to process future Rig and Preset data formats. Otherwise there would be no way to downgrade from 4.0 without loosing data.

• We are preparing 4.0, which will introduce new data formats for Rigs and Presets. Those are required to support new features. 3.3 doesn't delay that process, but is a prerequisite. 3.3 introduces a few fixes AND is already able to process future Rig and Preset data formats. Otherwise there would be no way to downgrade from 4.0 without loosing data.

Thats actually kind of exciting. This could mean that certain limitations could be lifted in the future such as the resolution of the cab frequency data or th inclusion of IR data for room/verb...

• Well, you'd never be farer than one backup away from your current system :)

I understand that and what you are saying but I don't have time (right now anyway) necessary for R&D. Hell, I can't even audition some of the commercial rigs I bought two months ago. When I am using my Kemper it is literally for serious practice with the band or a live gig. If I had two, I could at least in theory d/l and install the new firmware and then take both to practice but even that is iffy - my band takes practice very seriously. Maybe too seriously! LOL!

• So @Zappledan was totaly right on this one! :thumbup:

''I think that this release was done to provide a base that could handle a "fallback" scenario in the event of a major issue with 4.0. In other words, your 4.0 rigs will play in 3.30.''

• I understand that and what you are saying but I don't have time (right now anyway) necessary for R&D. Hell, I can't even audition some of the commercial rigs I bought two months ago. When I am using my Kemper it is literally for serious practice with the band or a live gig. If I had two, I could at least in theory d/l and install the new firmware and then take both to practice but even that is iffy - my band takes practice very seriously. Maybe too seriously! LOL!

This is very true for me as well and couldn't agree more

• OK, finally got around to installing it and OMG - dropshadow on the logo, major update alert! :P

Seriously though, all good here. Took a it longer than normal but I'm guessing that's because of the updates to the rig files.