I'm sure this has been asked many times - Plans for New Kemper ?

• As I've been researching and saving up my cash to buy myself a Kemper head, the one thing that I'd hate to happen is, at the end of the year or next year they'll release a new version of the Kemper?
    It's been out for quite some time - so why haven't they got a Kemper 2?
    This is the only reason that's holding me back in purchasing one as I'm not loaded with cash so saving up takes some time and I've held off buying couple other amps I'm interested in and instead thinking of getting the Kemper.

• I had the same fear, Spizza. Like you, being in Melbourne meant I couldn't audition one (If you've been able to, consider yourself lucky, man), which made the fear of narrowly missing an updated unit greater.

Many have had this fear, but here's the thing:

It already does pretty-much everything you're likely to expect it to be able to do... and then some. On top of this, improvements have been rolled out constantly since, IIRC, early 2012, and there's no end in sight to this so far; folks keep thinking of little tweaks here and there to suggest on the forum, and the Kemper Team™ continues to surprise us with features we hadn't thought of ourselves.

If, in your worst-case scenario, a hardware update occurs, what would you be missing out on? If everything you already need is there, just rock on forever with the unit, man.

• This is always a risk with anything - a car, PC etc...all can be superceeded....but as Monkeyman says, if its already does the job, so what?

Also I'm struggling to think what else they would do...

BTW the longer you hesitate, the more likely it is that it will happen and you'll have missed out. On that basis, you should buy one immediately :).

• I could see maybe additional hardware bits in the future, but not an updated replacement head.... seems a bit remote....

I know everyone bangs on about an online editor, and this would be cool as it could allow you to edit features that aren't accessible via the hardware controls....I sense this will come one day.

As it is...Im still trying to work out how it all works anyway !

No Gain - No Pain.... :D

• Let's hope there will be a Kemper mk. 2 in near future. There is always room for improvement and some aspects in the design of KPA are not fixed with software.
    After all we are not driving Ford Model T's or typing on this forum with IBM PC's, are we?

• Well what can they do?
    Make the screen larger maybe.
    Don't want to make the unit larger or smaller.
    More power?
    More Capacity?

Don't need to fix something thats broken.

The only thing I can see them do is come up with a light version, meaning a stripped down version to attract a market that won't play thousands. Maybe a 3 or 6 channel unit.