Real AMP has a fuller body than Kemper

• Hi all,

I'm using Kemper Powered to profile (direct profile )a Marshall AMP head with 2x12 cabinets with Kemper DI box. The tone is exactly as the real amp expect for the full body presence of the real amp. I've played with Power Sagging, definition, clarity ,etc... but the real amp still thicker ? I'm plugging the the outputs the amps onto A/B switch box to compare and tweak the sound at the same time. Am I missing other factors that can KPA sounds thick as my real amp ?

The reason I couldn't do this during profiling, using the reference/amp sounded 100% identical but the results look different after you plug each one of them to the cabinet.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks all for this amazing amp, great job...

• Please try to switch off the Pure Cabinet function on the last page of the output menu to see if it fixes your issue. Pure Cabinet is deactivated in Profiling mode but becomes active in Perform or Browse mode.

• Please try to switch off the Pure Cabinet function on the last page of the output menu to see if it fixes your issue. Pure Cabinet is deactivated in Profiling mode but becomes active in Perform or Browse mode.

This has already caused a lot of sound problems to users. You should rethought of enabling pure cabinet by default.

• Hi Mars,
    Which DI box are you using?
    I have tried eight different DI boxes and the only one that really shines is the countryman type 85. For instance, the Behringer Ultra G100, (bad) absolutely no comparison, The DI box makes a big difference when doing direct profiles.
    Also, You will think I’m crazy but, please download an app on your phone for sound pressure levels in DB…
    Play your real amplifier and see what the sound pressure is and match it with the KPA when you try it through the same cabinet, leave all effects off…
    I think you will be surprised…
    ‘More’ Volume has a completely strange way of making things sound ‘better’…

• Kemper is perfect DI !
    It’s the only one I never got to try...
    All I’m saying is make sure you match volumes EXACTLY when you compare Kemper vs Real Amplifier. If the Real amp is louder, even a bit louder, it will sound more ‘fuller’.
    When you have them volume matched, turn the Kemper up a little and see which one then sounds fuller. ;)
    Use master volume so you don’t have to change rig volumes....
    When I do DI profiles, they save at a lower volume than when I was doing profile, refining etc... you gotta crank it back up and then feel what you hear!

• The reason I couldn't do this during profiling, using the reference/amp sounded 100% identical but the results look different after you plug each one of them to the cabinet.

In this situation, you're connecting the Kemper to the guitar cabinet so I'm presuming that you're disabling the Kemper cab and if not then that might be the problem. Sorry if this might sound basic but that's all I can think of.

• Try the EQ in the stack section and see if you bump the mids just a little can get them closer. Also you can place the EQ in the PRe position to retain more amp character.
    Is the difference subtle or is it staggering?

I don't have the powered version but I know the "Monitor output" is connected internally to the internal power amp and it also has it's dedicated Equalizer from the output section.

Aside from EQ the default volume for Monitor out is -12db i believe so you might try either increasing or decreasing to see if that would make a difference also.

• That's exactly what I learned when profiling my Two Rock Signature Reverb Amp (lots of low-mids and bass) together with HellG from Kemper. Volume match is most important (due to Fletcher Munson Effect) when comparing profiling-results. The profile of my TR is a 1:1 copy!

• That's exactly what I learned when profiling my Two Rock Signature Reverb Amp (lots of low-mids and bass) together with HellG from Kemper. Volume match is most important (due to Fletcher Munson Effect) when comparing profiling-results. The profile of my TR is a 1:1 copy!

Could you briefly explain your refining process? I sometimes think I am doing it wrong, should I be doing different refining depending on how much gain is being used?

• Refining tightens the bottom end and makes it Feel more solid and less hollow and flubby… Refining also smooths out the top end just enough to sweeten it up…
    This is just my experience though…