What a difference :-)

• I had my Kemper for a while now, and most of the profiles if not all sounded a bit dull until now.
    I have been searching and reading that many had the same experience and the profiles are mid heavy, bassy and leaking definition. I always set my output eq flat and thought thats the way to do it with studio monitors. I also tried to tweak the eq a bit but the result was not what I was after.
    Today I raised bass, mid, treble and precens all to 2,5 and even at 5. The sound was super clear and so much better to my ears than it was at 0. I always thought that it would be the same just louder and the optimal setting was around 0. I dont know exactly why the sound improved so dramaticaly, but I am so much moore happy With the sound now. I am shure its not just a volume boost, couse I tried on different volume. My Impression is that the eq should have been calibrated different. Atleast on my Kemper.
    I Wonder what settings people are using on the output eq, please let me know :)

Regards :)

• Nope. This has nothing to do with the Profiler's EQ calibration.
    Every profile is stock and unaltered with all EQ settings at noon.
    If you change EQ you alter the original profile which is an almost 100% clone of the original miked amplifier (to the liking of the original profile author).

Have you ever tried to profile your own amp/amps? This would be the best way for you to see and hear how you want your amp microphoned and profiled.

• I have two sets good quality monitors and they sound the same. Musick sounds good and samples of profiles sounds good. Now my Kemper sound amazing., but with flat eq it was dull and had no definition or crunch.

• What I meant is that it seams like the eq on my Kemper is not calibrated optimal. At least to my taste bass, muds, treble and prevents should be rised. Strange but it helped.
    Music sounds good so the monitors is not the problem.

• I am shure its not just a volume boost, couse I tried on different volume. My Impression is that the eq should have been calibrated different.

Paul, raising all four knobs' values by the same amount isn't a "flat" increase in volume 'cause they each relate to specific frequency ranges.

It's a bit like hitting the "Loudness" switch that every old home-stereo unit used to have - you're probably getting a bit of the "smiley-face EQ" effect happening there, something that switch used to do so that low-volume listening sounded bigger (bass frequencies and some highs are lost as one lowers volume). This would be especially-true if you're not cranking the mids as much as the lows and highs, but even if you did, it's still a limited-width band, so the overall effect would still be a smiley-faced one, but with the possibility of a cold sore on the lower lip.

Bearing this in mind, you could try turning up the volume if you haven't already, just to make sure the Fletcher-Munson phenomenon isn't affecting your perception of the sound.

• I guess that's right. I play at home not exactly gig level even I also have a Yamaha DXR12.
    muds are also rised so it's not exactly scoped. The clarity is so much improved, and I am happy

• I learned recently that the Definition control in the Amp Stack will brighten/darken as well. Also experiment with the Pure Cab setting. The deeper I go the more impressed I am with the design of this thing.

one of the Most powerful Tone,, knobs in the Kemper,,,

• Try to change the cab of a profile. One hint: There is a kemper profile pack from Lars Lüttge on rm. Check it out until you find the 1960AV cab. Lock th cab and load some other profiles. The sun comes up with most beautiful f dull sounding profiles. The cab is one magical factor of a good sounding rig.

Definition too.

• I don't think it's a matter of the Kemper EQ being wrongly calibrated. The Kemper EQ is calibrated in a way that they think is best for flexibility but it definitely doesn't try to match the EQ on a real amp or achieve flat response.

Raising Bass, Mid and Treble by equal amounts on any amplifier, equaliser or eq plugin doesn't result in a perfectly flat volume increase.

As Monkey_Man mentioned earlier there is a smiley face thing happening when bass and treble are boosted. However, increasing the mids doesn't level that out it creates a W face. There is always a gap between the frequency bands or an overlap (the slope of the Q factor). You can see it clearly if you look at the graphic representation of an EQ plugin in a DAW.

There is also the fact that our ear tends to think louder sounds better. It doesn't need to be much louder either. In some cases less than 1db is enough to trick our ears so exact volume matching would be required to rule out volume. Also, as Monkey_Man mentioned Fletcher Muson (equal loudness curves) play a big part in our perception of sound.

• As Monkey_Man mentioned earlier there is a smiley face thing happening when bass and treble are boosted. However, increasing the mids doesn't level that out it creates a W face. There is always a gap between the frequency bands or an overlap (the slope of the Q factor). You can see it clearly if you look at the graphic representation of an EQ plugin in a DAW.

Exactly, brother. What I called a smiley face with a cold sore on the bottom lip, you correctly called a "W face".

There is also the fact that our ear tends to think louder sounds better. It doesn't need to be much louder either. In some cases less than 1db is enough to trick our ears so exact volume matching would be required to rule out volume. Also, as Monkey_Man mentioned Fletcher Muson (equal loudness curves) play a big part in our perception of sound.

Yes, and I felt that the boosts of those three bands would've provided a sort of "loudness-switch" effect, in essence, providing some of the Fletch-Muns benefit whilst monitoring at lower volumes, which is why I suggested he crank the volume a little instead.