What`s your favorite allround kemper cab to lock on other studio profiles?

• My current favourites are

Heavy Rock:
    TMS 6SOS Ultimate Merged, Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12, Vintage 30
    TMS 6SOS MBCB, Marshall 1960B 4x12, G12H-75 Creamback

Clean Fenders:
    TJ-Sm Twd2 Cln

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• @Stefan_01 I am going to cheat and ask Lars what pack its out of since i have every one of his packs and i cant tell LOL :D @Deadlightstudio

Ash

Would love to know, I think he has a few different ones.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• @ ashtweth, is this 1960AV cab from a specific pack? I have a couple of packs from Lars so maybe I`m lucky.

Lars uses the same cab (part) in more than one pack. Actually he just makes direct amp profiles sometimes and only copies already existing cab parts. So not all rigs here are "truly merged" rigs.

I remember Lars saying, that he thinks copying existing caps (from another amp profiling session) sounds close enough for him (instead of doing the same sweetspot micing with the actual amp for every single new profile).

You can check this and also find out which cabs (with the same names /tags) are indeed different, as follows: Just lock EVERYTHING except the cab. Then scroll through the rigs (which share the same cab name). If it sounds exactly the same (even from another pack), than it IS the same cab. Also have a look at the mic tags - here you may have information about differences too.

• I was told he has 4 different cab sims/IRs/whatever that he switches between. I would like to know which one (if it's a particular one) I keep seeing references to. All the ones from the free pack sound very good though.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Hi Guys , i just found the cab in these packs, Hector, Peavy 6505, Peavy 6534+, Duel Recto Solo, Diezel Hagen,Savage , Spawn, 5150 M1, Triple recto, JCM800 KK, JVM, JMP, Road king. Looks like it may be in most of Lar's packs.

Let me know if any probs

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yup that's the same Lars my friend and thanks for posting that, i dont have the free pack :)
    I really hope people try it, when ever Frank and i buy a pack we always come back to that cab.
    Never fails.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.