Multiple copies of same effect

• Are you taking about presets? Just delete the ones you don't need.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The unit allows you to save duplicate names so you could have many of the same or different versions all with the same name, unlike youd be allowed on a pc or mac os.

Unfortunately the only way, i know of, is to manually go through and preview (visusally or audition) and delete the unwanted ones and make sure when you save new ones give them a unique name.

• I think this is something to be addressed. Its Certainly been discussed and criticised previously.

Even saving a “tweaked” preset means saving as a new name then finding+deleting the unwanted version as you cant update/replace the editted version. Saving as the same name gives no indication which is the new/old version, unless you can remember the parameter values. Listing and showing modified/created date+time would be useful.

But who knows what goodies await us in os 6 ? ;)

• I didn’t realise how frustrating the ability to save multiple things with the same name was until recently. I found a situation where I forgot that I had already used a name before. Then I forgot again. So I now have 3 or four totally different presets with the same name X(X(X(X(X(

Pragmatic approach: load those presets one by one, store just new ones and give them meaningful and intuitiv names. Then delete the old ones. This might take a couple of minutes.

In 5.7 I suggest to start the preset name with the abbreviation of the effect type as shown in the signal chain on the display. This is what we do with our factory presets. This avoids, that you end up with five presets named "Slow", but "PHA Slow", "TREM Slow", "ROT Slow".... In that example you just need to insert "PHA" and others editing the preset names while you store new presets. This also makes sure, that presets related to the same effect type are grouped together in the alphabetic preset list.

Or you wait for 6.0, which automatically lists the presets by effect category and type...