Is it time for a Kemper II ?

• If they wanted to go overboard, they could allow parallel paths as well to simulate running 2 different amps in parallel.

Did some profiling last night with my other guitarist and his Orange AD140. We both talked about how useful it would actually be to run 2 profiles simultaneously since we would wind up with a profile that did 1 thing we liked but lacked another, then make some adjustments and get the thing it lacked, but then lost the aspect we liked about the previous profile. Being able to run both would have allowed for a fuller sound that we couldn't quite accomplish at the time and would have been fun to experiment with.

I know the Pod could run two amps at the same time. Don't know if any of the rest of their reincarnations up to Helix does it? I suppose Fractal doens't do it?

Fractal and Helix can absolutely run 2 amps and 2 cabs simultaneously. It's part of the reason Kemper users here have brought it up a number of times on their wishlist, especially those migrating from Fractal products. Some dismiss this as not something many people want, but I absolutely think people would use and experiment with. if given the option.

• Dual amps is the biggest thing I miss about my old stereo tube amp rig. My Kemper sounds as good as any amp I've had the budget to own and a lot more. But it doesn't sound as good as my old AC15 and Deluxe Reverb with stereo delay and reverb effects separating the field.

• Dual amps is the biggest thing I miss about my old stereo tube amp rig. My Kemper sounds as good as any amp I've had the budget to own and a lot more. But it doesn't sound as good as my old AC15 and Deluxe Reverb with stereo delay and reverb effects separating the field.

I bet it did sound fantastic. What else could ever sound that good? I think that is a unique setup that can only be recreated by the original config of those amps. But it doesn't hurt to ask for it. Maybe the editor will bring some additional capabilities later this year??

• I bet it did sound fantastic. What else could ever sound that good? I think that is a unique setup that can only be recreated by the original config of those amps. But it doesn't hurt to ask for it. Maybe the editor will bring some additional capabilities later this year??

In this interview @17:24 Christoph talks about running a profile being processor-consuming and suggests running them simultaneously isn't possible currently. Definitely something that sounds like it would require a Kemper II.

• In this interview @17:24 Christoph talks about running a profile being processor-consuming and suggests running them simultaneously isn't possible currently. Definitely something that sounds like it would require a Kemper II.

Interesting how CK talks about modeling stomps and running multiple amps. It makes sense why it isn't being done right now. Even slap-my-forehead obvious now that he said it. Each profiled option (stomp, preamp(s), poweramp(s) etc) would effectively require it's own Profiler in terms of processing power. Even after 7 or 8 years of computer processor development, that's a lot of grunt.

I suspect beyond processing power, there are other problems to solve. Latency is perhaps one (parallel processing helps), cost another. (Yeah we can do it. Do you want to pay ten-grand?) How does the profiling process of a sinlge pedal/preamp/poweramp differ from the current process? How do you profile a pedal, then mate it with an amp....then mate it with a power amp......etc. Stacking them so they work together properly in any combination? Yeesh.......

This is why there are people who *love* mathematics, and then there are people like me. Who do not. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Each profiled option (stomp, preamp(s), poweramp(s) etc) would effectively require it's own Profiler in terms of processing power. ...

I suspect beyond processing power, there are other problems to solve. Latency is perhaps one (parallel processing helps), cost another. (Yeah we can do it. Do you want to pay ten-grand?)

I tend to doubt it..... Look at all the processing power being used for all the different effects in the Kemper.

Do like Line 6 did and give users the option to sacrifice effects if they really wanted to use that processing power on another profile.

Add too much and get a DSP warning....

As for cost, again, I see no reason for it to cost 10 grand.... I can buy another Kemper for way less than that.

So why should it cost 10 grand, even assuming they would have to literally build a Kemper with double the parts?

In reality, they could probably do it by just updating the processor and adding some more memory.

Worst case, add an additional processor and be future proof for a good long time.

I would be surprised if they haven't already been working on it for quite some time.

They have to be planning for that eventuality when they've maxed out the processor capabilities.

More than likely a bigger obstacle is the user interface.... how to provide access to the other profile in a user friendly way.

• One of the key features of the profiler is that the cpu is passively cooled. That means there are no fans inside the casing to make noise. When you reduce the thermal envelope that low, you are severely restricted in what cpu grunt you choose to add to a new system. I very much doubt they will change this anytime soon unless they find a suitable cpu that can run without a fan and offer twice the power..