Neural Quad Cortex

• Hmm..I don´t know..is this still true?

Stomp HX,BlueGuitar Amp1,Pod go..even fm3 is under 1000$ in the states..all tools for people who want a acceptable (stomp HX) or good(fm3) sound/reliable small platform for a reasonable price.500-700 euro.If it breaks down after some time..it does not hurt that much as a 1700euro tool.You "just buy another one".

I remember this was not the same just a very few years ago when we discussed for the first time a possible "modular profile player" from kemper..Now these modular tools have become reality and have a lot of support in the guitar world.

I don´t know what is possible today and what kemper can do in this low price segment.Some folks here in this forum had many ideas years back.Some of these ideas were not bad.Actually L6/fractal went ahead with some solutions I mentioned above.

I would like to see some clever solution for kemper users which ALREADY have a expensive head/rack & remote.Something small you plug into your officially registrated head/rack and load with some performances.And then to be controlled by an app on your smartphone and the remote.Something small and not to expensive.

I don´t kow if this is possible.Just thinking..But what I see right now (modelers like this quad cortex introducing wifi and stuff) I indeed I believe it is time for @CK to think about a few things.

• $1000 is not what I was thinking I would call "cheap" but you are right, definitely cheaper and prices dropping all the time. This gear is still relatively high end (which is fair though).

I am sure CK watches the market as its fast paced.

Love your idea of extending the solution, now that would be good. There must be something to adapt the current hardware using dongles to avoid a Kemper 2....

• 1000euro is Indeed a lot.No doubt.

Actually I am thinking about a tool within 500-700€.

Acceptable.Not cheap.But yes..much cheaper than a 1700€ stage.

This idea with the dongle kind of type solution ..yes..something like this.I guess today there are a lot more clever solution out there than just 2-3 years ago.

• Genuinely thought Anderson’s demo of the Cortex sounded fantastic.

Be nice to hear some quality clean to break up sounds or some Vox sounds straight off the bat.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Genuinely thought Anderson’s demo of the Cortex sounded fantastic.

Be nice to hear some quality clean to break up sounds or some Vox sounds straight off the bat.

I don;t get blownaway but sounds now, there are so many good solutions out there that I think our expectations are already high....so I didn't think fantastic, but I did think it sounded good - I couldn't hear anything wrong with it, put it that way. However, its so difficult to judge/take a view from a youtube video. Nothing in the video would stop me trying one, but nothing to say "wow I must sell my Kemper".

I think others have got better ears than me though :)

• Actually a main point they talk about in the video is not sound but "feel" or that "low mid speaker interaction growl - kind of thing". Something that makes only the player happy but nobody can hear. According to Rabea the QC is a new milestone in this respect. Let's wait and see...

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Actually a main point they talk about in the video is not sound but "feel" or that "low mid speaker interaction growl - kind of thing". Something that makes only the player happy but nobody can hear. According to Rabea the QC is a new milestone in this respect. Let's wait and see...

We should take what Rabea said with a pinch of salt for now. He wasn't invited to test something and say hey this is a mediocre thing. I'd rather stick with a helix or a kemper.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Rabea is affiliated with Neural. Plugins and now Quad Cortex. I honestly don't think he would state that unless he thought it was true. He would surely be aware it would ruin his credibility.

• Rabea is affiliated with Neural. Plugins and now Quad Cortex. I honestly don't think he would state that unless he thought it was true. He would surely be aware it would ruin his credibility.

Agree but still he's biased and I never trust fully anyone who is. And neither should anyone. There are so many hypes and agressive marketing today in the music business and all other business too. So many fake and bought reviews . Excuse me for being cynical but being cynical to some degree is a healthy thing today.

Henry David Thoreau

• Agree but still he's biased and I never trust fully anyone who is. And neither should anyone. There are so many hypes and agressive marketing today in the music business and all other business too. So many fake and bought reviews . Excuse me for being cynical but being cynical to some degree is a healthy thing today.

Thats how I took it too....a level of skepticism due to that association....but again I thought it sounded ok but we won't know until we try one.

• Being cynical is certainly necessary when purchasing. But at the same time you have a bias, as you have already decided you'd rather have a Helix or Kemper over a unit you've never heard or played.

I'll receive my pre-order whilst I keep my brilliant Kemper, if it sounds/feels as good or better then happy days. If it sounds even slightly worse than a Kemper its going back - even if the UI and functionality is ace.

• Being cynical is certainly necessary when purchasing. But at the same time you have a bias, as you have already decided you'd rather have a Helix or Kemper over a unit you've never heard or played.

I'll receive my pre-order whilst I keep my brilliant Kemper, if it sounds/feels as good or better then happy days. If it sounds even slightly worse than a Kemper its going back - even if the UI and functionality is ace.

Please keep us informed after you've tested it!

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Sound and feel is paramount for most of us, if UI and usability would be the first, then we all would rather use a hx stomp or fm3. If it doesnt sound and feel as good as the kemper, I am not buying.

The answer is 42

• Thats how I took it too....a level of skepticism due to that association....but again I thought it sounded ok but we won't know until we try one.

Exactly. Some love their helix, axe fx, ampsim etc and that's fine. But I might not like something or enough to open my wallet.

Henry David Thoreau

No. Sooner or later I will test a qc. But since I live in a small town it will take a longer time before I will have my chance. But even if it's as good as a kemper doesn't mean I will buy one. :S

Henry David Thoreau

• No doubt the quad cortex will be good.

But the kemper is industry standard with a huge,connected user base.On stage and in the studio from Mark Knopfler to Rammstein.Soon 20.000 free rigs in the RE.

Long way to go for any new contenders I would say..things are not that easy..

• Looks interesting as a small portable desktop device, I'd love a similar small version of a KPA , even if it would just be a 'profile reader'

But the killer app of the KPA is the Kone, I don't thing I could live my musician' live without my Kone CAB . I use it daily and love it so bad for practicing , recording & monitoring. It's really like having my real amps with me.

• No matter which manufacturer, it‘s possible to get good sounds with all of them. But for me, it is about the feeling when playing guitar and the response of the unit to that. Despite it is very subjective you will never find out via YouTube. You have to play the units yourself.