Tuner Accuracy in OS 8.0.6

• I used a Peterson since about 1972 when tuning my Saxophone, so I prefer the strobe over the bubble. It's faster for me because of familiarity. Different guitars react different ways, some lock right in and some jump around a bit so I know it's my guitar setup/pickups not the Kemper tuner.

• Mine is at 440 and the damn bubble bounces + and (-) cents, Sometimes 20 cents from zero, even if I barely strike the string. Doesn't matter if I do 12th harmonics. Yes, all my guitars have pro setups.

This is strange..I have no issues with stability of the tuner. I've used with about 8 different guitars, including Floyds so not sure what is going on here..

• The kemper tuner is pretty sensitive. The bubble does bounce around rather than lock like my TU3 but when looking at the +/- readout it is usually only +/-1 or 2 cents. I think many other tuners apply smoothing to the readout so that it locks within this range rather than display the actual tuning. In other words many other tuners are telling lies ?

• The kemper tuner is pretty sensitive. The bubble does bounce around rather than lock like my TU3 but when looking at the +/- readout it is usually only +/-1 or 2 cents. I think many other tuners apply smoothing to the readout so that it locks within this range rather than display the actual tuning. In other words many other tuners are telling lies ?

I think this why I gravitate to the simple tuners like Boss and Snark clip ons. That smoothing takes the stress out of worry about a margin that will be counteracted by the inherent intonation problems on any guitar anyway..

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I understand a strobe tuner and how a few cents doesn't matter & don't get hung up on a slight movement. That's what I usually use the lights on the Kemper. That's my "simple tuner". If the center light is on and the outers very dim/off I know I'm "close enough". The Kemper strobe is very sensitive.

• Usually, I just tune to itself and check once a week with a tuner since I am stuck at home, but I've been checking daily because of the hot-cold weather in Dallas area. I can get 0 - 2 cents tuning if I am patient and let the bubble "sort of" stabilize. The same goes for the strobe. I just find the bubble a quicker read.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.