Will the wireless Rig Manager app be available for Android?

• They’ve stated - repeatedly - that they have no plans to support Android.

The argument that the install base is so much larger ignores the *ridiculous* amount of fragmentation in Android. Not to mention the lack of long-term support.

I get what you're saying, but there's fragmentation on Windows, MacOs, iOS, AND Android.

Looks like the latest RM won't run on Win 8.1 anymore. What's the minimum requirement for iOS or MacOs?

• I get what you're saying, but there's fragmentation on Windows, MacOs, iOS, AND Android.

Looks like the latest RM won't run on Win 8.1 anymore. What's the minimum requirement for iOS or MacOs?

Fragmentation in iOS is much less. Same for Mac OS. By orders of magnitude compared to Windows and especially Android.

It’s one of the perks of controlling the hardware and software.

For Mac OS, 10.13.6 - High Sierra, which goes back to 2017 and works on machines back to 2011. (I have one of these) It’s a ridiculous amount of time.

iOS 13 or newer (released in 2019)

Windows 10 is 7 years old. If you can’t upgrade for some reason, that’s not really a Kemper problem.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I get that. Android 10 and up is from 2019 as well, and those are by far the largest group of users, just as iOS users are.

• Hi. I have a Kemper Profiler Stage. I use Rig Manager only to load any new amp. All the tweeks I make directly on Kemper Stage. This way, when I need make some change while I´m playing in rehearsal or shows, is more simple.

• I get that. Android 10 and up is from 2019 as well, and those are by far the largest group of users, just as iOS users are.

The fact is: Kemper has chosen to not support Android.

The largest group of users has been Android for quite some time. Clearly, that's not enough of a factor for Kemper.

• The fact is: Kemper has chosen to not support Android.

The largest group of users has been Android for quite some time. Clearly, that's not enough of a factor for Kemper.

Yes, I know that.

Sadly, ignoring a large group of users seems odd to me.

Would I like it? Yes!

Am I going to cry about it? No.

• Yes, I know that.

Sadly, ignoring a large group of users seems odd to me.

Would I like it? Yes!

Am I going to cry about it? No.

I’ve seen this with other software products.

Some have no desire to support 2 separate code bases

• I think you mean 4. :)

2 when referring to mobile-only.

Tons of Mac OS-only programs exist. If Macs weren't so prevalent in music production, I suspect it'd be ignored by Kemper as well.

• I get what you're saying, but there's fragmentation on Windows, MacOs, iOS, AND Android.

Win 8.1 is sunset in January of 2023, why would you continue to support an OS that is going away. There is/was little reason for people to not upgrade to Win 10, it was free.

To be honest, I am not sure why they haven't created an Android based solution, but as a former developer, supporting multiple devices is a pain.

• I spent all day yesterday working on my computer so it would go from windows 8.1 to windows 10 so I could keep up with the updates. Everything went wrong and now I have to either buy a new computer or get someone to fix it.

I refuse to use Mac because they are a bunch of crooks and will never get my money again. (Never)

Some of us are older and not computer savvy.

Its sad but I have come to the conclusion that this thing (kemper) is not for me. Maybe I'll donate it to the local church with the laptop (they can fix it). This toy is too expensive to throw in the garbage and I'll never get even close to the fortune spent on it.

Any how I only used it for practice at home so no big loss.

• you don't need Rig Manager or Windows 10 to Update the Kemper, just download the update file and put it on a USB key

You need windows 10 to upgrade to the new beta rig manager because it doesn't support windows 8.1 and I really wanted the new rig manager. It was really foolish for me to try.

Now my computer is a boat anchor and I don't have a way to record anymore until I either buy a new computer or get this one fixed.

• Now my computer is a boat anchor and I don't have a way to record anymore until I either buy a new computer or get this one fixed.

What went so wrong? Windows upgrades are usually successful or will at least let you roll back to the original OS, but not always.

But I ask because when I upgraded my Win7 studio PC to Win10 (for Rig Manger also), it was a pain because the bios partition was not big enough. I had to download some tool to resize it before Win10 would install. I mean why would Microsoft not do this for you when you install??? They are only the largest PC OS ever???? Instead I have to get it from some rando on the web.

Win11 has some strange issues you need to deal with when upgrading also.

Microsoft has slowly been in decline since WinXP and they just keep falling to the point now they have to give away their OS. Sad when companies are so big they stop functioning. They have no leadership anymore.