Definition '0' on profiling

• Yo hey crowd. I was just profiling my old amp that is high gain but I noticed, the definitions on zero. I remember on facebook someone complaining about this recently but am I right to say that zero is not normal after profiling? Im using a kemper DI box but doubt that got anything to do with it as i have tired the line out if the amp and my weber mini mass out. Same deal. Thanks

• Are you refining the profile afterwards? I was doing some profiling of just an amp and the refine process destroyed the profile. I stopped refining for amp only profiles.

Did you select NO CAB?

• It seems to makes no difference I did a couple refined some not. Yup no cab. Just heard M brit saying some amps go zero but I remember peeps saying somethings wrong if ending up definition on zero. Has it got anything to do with volume of the amp im profiling?

• Kind of. The sweet spot as far as dynamics go is in the 4 to 6 range. I know what your saying but I thought it was odd its on zero. I have read that before. Im profiling low volume with a speaker load so it hard to compare exactly

• If the A/B comparison is the same then it shouldn't matter what the definition is. Right?

It’s not unusual, perhaps it’s even usual, to alter definition to suit different guitars or pickups. f definition is at 0 or 10, then the profile has limited use.

I witnessed the refining process alter the definition up to 10 and/or down to zero… I just skipped the refining process and ended up with a more versatile profile.

Yeah, something is sometimes seemingly weird with refining.

• Im profiling low volume with a speaker load so it hard to compare exactly

I guess the issue could be due to the speaker load

What Kind of speaker load are You using?

Is it a reactive load box?

I tried to get profiles useing a resistive load (to tame the loudness of the amp) and an Isobox but I've never got really great results.

Later I used to take DA profiles with a beheringer ultra g, but since I've switched to the two notes torpedo 16 I had noticed all my new profiles sound more open, airy, bright, clear.

May be the problem is the speaker load.

even if I've never used Shur I've learned a lot here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've never made a profile that had zero def. From what my ears hear definition and how it applies has a lot to do with the profile. Some sound great with definition way up and some sound good on 5-6. Generally, I don't like the def cranked, the profiles I use sound best around 7ish. many people will say that the def control is the first to go to when something is dull or strident but I disagree. I hear the definition as more of a "feel" adjuster, I'll set that to where it reacts the way I want then adjust the stack eq a small bit. I usually never/rarely use an eq in a slot like many do, I just use the stack. Normally just a tiny boost/cut of the presence and or treble or a little bass cut is all that's needed when changing guitars.