No signal into kemper (guitar cable and guitar work fine)

• Hey everyone, I am not sure what I've done wrong, but there is no input going into the kemper, i have tried the cable and guitar on another amp and both work perfect. The kemper was working fine before but isn't now. When i go to tuner there is no signal and no notes show up and when i go to browser there is no sound at all
    can anyone please help ? I am not sure what I am doing wrong, thanks!

• Hey everyone, I am not sure what I've done wrong, but there is no input going into the kemper, i have tried the cable and guitar on another amp and both work perfect. The kemper was working fine before but isn't now. When i go to tuner there is no signal and no notes show up and when i go to browser there is no sound at all

Which OS version are you using?

How is Input Source set?

Are both inputs (front INPUT and ALTERNATIVE INPUT) affected?

What triggered the situation?

Please open a support ticket and describe the scenario.

• Have you plugged into the headphone output?

Not trying to be funny but you would be amazed how many of us have done that and thought the Kemper was broken. I’ll own up and admit I’ve done it more than once 🤦‍♂️

Me too....no shame in that.

Hope its something simple like that...

• Have you plugged into the headphone output?

Not trying to be funny but you would be amazed how many of us have done that and thought the Kemper was broken. I’ll own up and admit I’ve done it more than once 🤦‍♂️

Not to mention the guitar volume turned down, or everything on and up but your curser in your DAW is sitting past your volume fade on the outro when you load it up. :pinch:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

I got the same problem this evening during rehearsal with our band for a gig planned for tomorrow.

We were playing since 30 minutes, no problem, I switched guitar, everything was still Ok, than suddenly the sound was gone!

The tuner was not activated by pressing the wrong remote button, the pedal volume was not on 0, Volume guitar knob was on 10. Switched cable and still no sound. No DAW involved. I go from the main outputs to the mixer, nobody moved any fader on the mixer the rest of the band was still to hear. I play in performance mode with morphing. Three Pedals attached to the remote, volume, wah and morphing.

Rebooted the Kemper than everything was again normal. As rebooting take ca. 2-3 with the remote connected, it is not something we would like to do tomorrow during our gig. No explanation found for the phenomena.

I have upgraded the OS yesterday to the latest version available:Profiler_OS_8_7_11_40908.

I have a Toaster with power unit, the cabinet was not engaged and the monitor sound was off.

Any hints? Can the latest OS be the problem?

I don't have time to buy a backup Kemper unit till tomorrow. :)

Thank you for any suggestion.

Edited once, last by cantemir ().

• No suggestions for a solution. Just confirming that I have had similar experiences. but with much earlier and different OS. Kemper sound goes away in the middle of a song for no apparent reason. Requires a reboot to recover. Not a great experience when it happens. This situation is anger inducing.

• I have used the latest OS version live and at rehearsals with no issues. I suspect its a physical issue (cable, connector) etc. The reboot is a coincidence BUT support will help you out..

• It could be a rare issue specific to OS 8.7.11 Public Beta and we would desperately like to analyze it further. We cannot reproduce it. So, pleaae contact us.

And for concerts and other critical events please stick to 8.7.10 Release.

• Hi everyone! Just sayin' I've got the same problem, Kemper toster with power unit, OS 8.7.10, sometimes there is no problem at all, sometimes sound goes out till I reboot the Kemper. Have no idea why, maybe it's power surge, maybe OS issue

• I don't think, there is such a software issue in OS 8.710. Check your version.

If it's really OS 8.7.10, check:

- Is there still an input signal indicated by the INPUT LED?

- Does the issue affect all outputs or just one e.g. the SPEAKER OUT of a powered PROFILER?

- At which level is Volume Pedal (check on page Pedal Links)?

- Is there any error message?

The issue discussed here happens in OS 8.7.11 and the INPUT LED is completely dead. No error message. It happens in Performance Mode. It's triggered by the load of another Slot within the same Performance potentially returning to Slot 1.

• It's absolutely 8.7.10, when the sound is gone INPUT LED shows no signal, also, there is no error message. I didn't try other outputs than Speaker out and didn't check the level of volume pedal, because I don't use one. I'll check it later if this problem reappears.

• It's absolutely 8.7.10, when the sound is gone INPUT LED shows no signal, also, there is no error message. I didn't try other outputs than Speaker out and didn't check the level of volume pedal, because I don't use one. I'll check it later if this problem reappears.

Please open a support ticket.

• The problem appeared once again now with the Beta 8.7.15.42312B. After 2 hours of playing there was no sound anymore. The input leds were frozen. Switching to Rig Mode or Tuner than back to Performance Mode did not help. The toaster display did not react. Only a reboot helped.

Unfortunately the reboot takes 1,5 minutes.

• The problem appeared once again now with the Beta 8.7.15.42312B. After 2 hours of playing there was no sound anymore. The input leds were frozen. Switching to Rig Mode or Tuner than back to Performance Mode did not help. The toaster display did not react. Only a reboot helped.

Unfortunately the reboot takes 1,5 minutes.

There is an official OS 8.7.15.42312 that seems to fix this problem in the beta. Anyhow this is the second time it happens to me with two different beta versions.

• There is an official OS 8.7.15.42312 that seems to fix this problem in the beta. Anyhow this is the second time it happens to me with two different beta versions.

I'm not sure that the official release is any different to the beta....the beta was just promoted to production so if you had it in the beta its likely to be in the production version.