new cab wanted

• Let me try as this is exactly what I do.

Simple conceot - there is overall volume ( master volume) and relative volumes between rigs.

1) You set all your rigs with respective volume differences in the KPA using rig volume ( there are other ways but this is easiest).

2) Your ensure your volumes are unlinked, else this will not work

2) You set you "master volume" or signal strength using the -12db to FOH.

3) You adjust your on stage "master volume" using master volume on the front of the kemper. This controls the volume from the power amp from the speaker output to the passive speaker. It does work this way now because you use a powered speaker and you generally adjust the volume on the speaker ( or turn to maximum and try to control it somehow via the signal).

Now your sound to FOH AND on stage will reflect the respective volume increases in relatively equal measures.

Does that answer it?

• OK Alan, I have no trouble to get rid of the mixer as long as I have the same direct control. I will follow your instructions and see where it leads me to and then I'm sure I'll get back to you.

Thank you for now! Ray

This would be your best option, taking the mixer out of the equation in a live situation removes a lot of obstacles and potential problems which may have been the cause of the volume jump issue from your original post, I'd take Wheresthedug advice from #51 and V8guitar from #55. Having a consistent overall volume from rig to rig is paramount as it will make your life much easier from this point forward as discussed in #45.

Here are some suggestions from my perspective after reading all the comments up to this point, but keep in mind I'm not familiar with the Roland foot controller and you would want to check your midi settings in the System settings by pressing the System soft key and reviewing pages 5-15 and write down any setting that pertains to your controller. Also go to the Output menu by pressing the Output soft key and write down your settings for Low and High Cut on page 5.

Getting a fresh starting point might make it easier for you, if this is something you are interested in doing try the following procedure.

You may not want to do the steps under Systems Menu, especially if it might cause an issue with your foot controller

The following steps are for the System Menu

1. Press the System soft key to enter it's menu and navigate to page 1.

a. Press the second soft key above the LCD screen where it says Init Globals below it to reset Factory settings in system.

Once this is done it's time to change a few settings, again these are my suggested recommendations for a fresh starting point, others may chime in with better suggestions, some of the following may already be set by default.

2. Press the System soft key to enter it's menu, go to page 3

a. Make sure the first and second soft key above the LCD screen are lit up, they check on the Rig Autoload (first soft key) and Rig Button
    Morph (second soft key).

3. Check your settings on pages 5-15 that might pertain to your foot controller and set accordingly

4. Check Date and Time on page 16 and change if necessary.

5. Exit Settings menu by pressing Exit soft key.

The following steps are for the Output Menu Settings

1. Press the Output soft key to enter the Output menu and navigate to page 1.

a. Make sure the first soft key above the LCD screen is lit up so the Main Out -12 db is checked (per V8guitar recommendation on #55).

b. Make sure the third soft key above the LCD screen is lit up so the Monitor Stereo is checked.

c. Set Main Output to Master Stereo or Master Mono with the first rotary knob below the LCD screen (depends on whether you need a mono or

stereo signal sent to FOH), your diagram on #48 shows stereo to FOH.

d. Set Monitor Output to Master Stereo with the second rotary knob below the LCD screen, these will be the Monitor Out and Direct Out in your

diagram that will now go directly to the inputs of your QSC K8's.

2. Navigate to page 2 of the Output menu.

a. Make sure the first soft key above the LCD screen is off so the Main Out Link is unchecked.

b. Make sure the second soft key above the LCD screen is lit up so the Monitor Out Link is checked, this will allow you to turn the Monitor Out

volume up or down as needed with the Master Volume rotary knob on the front of your Kemper (per Wheresthedug suggestion from #56).

c. Make sure the fourth soft key above the LCD screen is off so the Headphones Link is unchecked.

d. For a starting point set the Monitor Volume to -18.0db with the second rotary knob below the LCD screen.

3. Navigate to page 3 of the Output menu.

a. Set the Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence to <0.0> with the corresponding rotary knobs below the LCD screen.

b. Make sure the first soft key above the LCD screen is off so the Monitor Cab Off is unchecked.

4. Navigate to page 4 of the Output menu.

a. Set the Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence to <0.0> with the corresponding rotary knobs below the LCD screen.

5. Navigate to page 5 of the Output menu.

a. Set the Low Cut and High Cut to your desired setting.

6. Navigate to page 6 of the Output menu.

a. Set the Pure Cabinet and Space>HeadphOnly to your desired setting.

7. Navigate to page 7 of the Output menu.

a. Set the Aux In page to your desired setting.

8. Navigate to page 8 of the Output menu.

a. Make sure the first, third and fourth soft keys above the LCD screen are off.

b. The second soft key should already be lit up from section 2 b above.

9. Navigate back to page 3 of the Output menu.

10. Press the Exit soft key, now when you press the Output soft key it will open on page 3 so you can adjust Monitor Output eq as needed with the press of one button.

With these settings in the Output Menu you should have a good starting point, as discussed previously choose a profile you use the most as a baseline to work off of, now using that profile turn your QSC Gain knob up until you reach performance level. As far as rhythm vs solo volume, you might set up a separate profile that is slightly louder and switch to it for your solo or use the rhythm profile and add something like Pure Booster or Green Scream Boost to kick in and bump up the volume for your solo, again I'm not familiar with your foot controller and how it operates but these things are very easy to do with the Kemper Remote.

Note for QSC K8: In the Home Screen Menu of your QSC K8 set the inputs A and B to Line, that way it won't matter which one you plug the Kemper into. Under Factory Presets I would choose between LIVE (For live sound reinforcement and vocal clarity) or STAGE MONITOR 1 (For most stage monitor uses, reduces excessive bass build-up on stage) whichever sounds best to you. I would also set the Sub Menu to NO SUB, all the Delay Menu settings to 0.00 and Reset the EQ Menu to Default which is Flat.

I did download the owner's manual for your mixer and looked through it last night, one thing I would suggest is that you avoid connecting your Kemper to the first 4 channels from the main xlr L&R outputs as phantom power is always on for these inputs on the soundcraft mixer. From the Kemper manual: "The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality." The 1/4" Monitor and Direct Outs are not affected by phantom power when connected with a 1/4" to 1/4" cable to the soundcraft mixers combo jack's on these 4 channels.

I hope this might help,

Howard.....

• When I looked up your EM12, I laughed hard. That magnet is huge!!! Probably sounds great for a variety of sounds from a Kemper.

It's a back breaker, 16.3 lbs, the original Kones were 8.6 lbs which made my total cabinet weight around 23 lbs, now it's 31 lbs! I really wish the Kone would have worked out for me but sadly it just wasn't meant to be.

• wow, that is a fantastic detailed explanation Howard. Hopefully Ray will get everything set up perfectly from that 😎

I've gleaned so much helpful info over the years here but very seldom do I feel qualified to offer suggestions, I owe this community big time and if I can be even a tad bit helpful to someone else here that's a miracle in itself...