Posts by JoshuaL1

For me it depends on the purpose. For Live I always use an EQ-Preset based on TJ. For me most of the profiles lack appropriate mids. They sound awesome on their own but hard to hear at rehearsal.
    I do not think that one should feel guilty by tweaking. The main issue is that one does not have the same guitar used dialing in the tone and second one does not have the same speakers being used to monitor the tone. So hard to achieve the same results anyway.

I agree, getting the good midrange for live with the kemper is rather difficult...

What EQ preset are you applying? Would help me a lot.

Thanxs

It won't help you with a profile from a well known guitarist. There's no golden sound that will work for you. What works perfect for them is just perfect for them. It doesn't matter if you use their gears and guitar. It will sound totally different and you will always sound like you. There must be profiles that work for you. Have you gone thru RE?

yep i know but it’s not really tone wise or having their tones, it’s more to see how they dialed and eq their sounds for live gigs :)

Okay, this makes more sense to me but I 'sort of' get the impression that CK wants to keep the amp block looking & functioning like a real guitar amp for the guitarist & the masses. This was the original vision of the KPA to be a 'guitar amp'.

Maybe CK can chime in today & give us his thoughts as he may see & accept your point.

yes but 10 years later everybody knows that it’s not a real amp and the EQ does not work like a normal amp :)

People are now used to use all kind of modelers, plugins etc. So I don’t think that assuming kemper as it is (not an amp) will be a great deal for potential buyers and users :)

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of the users here had already get his hand on some profiles used by pro player that use the kemper live direct foh.

I know that one of Katy Perry ´s guitarist play with a kemper for example and a lot a pro player use it live. :)

I’m also asking because I really struggle to get a good live tone....

My tones are really full because I’m used to tube amps and it really does not work direct to foh and with iems...

I’m struggling to find the magical mid range without sacrificing the body of the tone.

Maybe some here can help :)

thanxs for reading :)

thanks not a problem of another eq. It’s just to have it as an option in the amp block.

You’re aware that 4 stomps and 4 effect slot is really not that much in the guitar world?
    1 stomp already taken by wha, another by noise gate for high gain players that left only 2

1 slot for eq or widener, 1 for delay, 1 for reverb and you got only one left...

But I’m ok with the fact that it’s’ not the thing to do first. First thing is to remove digital compression. :)

I agree it would probably be easier but as a user it would really annoy me to have to use the Studio EQ instead of the current simple 4 way. If the moving of the studio EQ could be added without forcing those that don't want to use it to adapt that would be fine though

of course the studio eq must be an option and not replace the 4 way eq :)

I think selectable types of eq in every place that has an eq would be great. I think eq for imprints would be great as well as headphones and direct out. Auxiliary in eq would be nice also. Let's just add them everywhere with all types available in short. Lol

+6

thought exactly that yesterday night as I was playing through headphones :)

Currently I experience a difference in imprints and FRFR-Signal. Especially I think the loudness and gain seems to be on a different level. At least this is what I experienced with my all time favorite Performance. So one EQ for imprint and one for FRFR or an automatism to balance loudness and gain issues that come with the use of imprints and FRFR.

Anyone else experiencing such behavior?

can’t help as I’m going direct FOH.

But the more eq option the more possibilities :)

I almost never use an EQ in any rig so not quite “everyone” is using it ?

I actually like the simplicity of the 4 knob EQ but I get it that some want more.

Some people in the past have asked for different modelled amp tone stacks to use with corresponding amps (ie a Fender EQ, a Marshal EQ etc).

Logically, offering a choice of which EQ a user want to select in the amp block would be the best way to keep us all happy. I would probably leave it at the current Kemper Amp EQ but others would still have the ability to select a Fender EQ or a Studio EQ as desired.

I think it’s possible to only use the 4 band eq only if you profile your own amps with your perfect amp settings and mics :).
    The philosophy of the kemper is that you’ll never get the sound of the guy who profiled the amp, each guitar/pickup/câble/picks/ears etc are different.
    Even the perception of sounds are different from one to another person :)

and as the eq is not a real amp eq, better have more options available if wanted. I even don’t’ know how those 4 controls acts.

I also think it’s impossible to get an Marshall or fender eq or whatever amp style eq.
    the kemper is really not a modeler at all.

It will be way more complicated to implement this function than just moving an already existant features to another place :)

+1

I was thinking about this the other day. I get that the traditional "Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence" is how traditional amps work, but honestly, it would be amazing for them to just put all the EQs into that section. Why limit the EQ block just because that's the way tube amps look?

Maybe give us the choice of what EQ we want to use in the amp block. If someone want the traditional 4-knob EQ, then they can select that. If someone wants a more robust EQ, then they can select that. No sense in filling up an extra slot with an EQ, especially if I'm not even using the EQ in the amp block.

and as the eq in the amp block is not acting as an amp eq at all it’s more logical to have a real eq in there instead of traditional eq that you even don’t really know which frequencies are tweaked :)

Hi there,

I would really love to have the studio EQ built in the block amp!

It will free one precious effect slot.

And everyone is using it to sculpt the guitar sound so it will be logic to have it in a amp block as an option.

The other possibility to free one slot is being able to stack or chain delay and reverb as one slot preset. But I think it’s way more complicated than just putting the eq in amp block.

What do you think ?

I thought I was the only one to have this problem!

You are not alone...

Since the update and all others problems like having some rigs randomly deleted why creating performances I don’t use rig manager any more..

I have a lot of Gigs coming and it’s just freaking me out...

Really annoying and not professional at all for a 1500€ unit (stage)

Stage ( 2 months old) was connected to RM.

I was creating and tweaking performances on the stage (the unit itself, not the app)

I wanted to add another slot and saw that one of my rig in browse pool was deleted...

Shut down immediately the stage and everything was back after reboot...

Scary and not really acceptable for a high end product.

I’m a little disappointed and afraid because I’m gonna start a tour of 30 shows and I’m not confident at all.

Honestly I would prefer they spend more RnD on the stability and on getting rid of the « too compressed sound » that is also a bit annoying than adding 50 fuzz pedals and 60 overdrives, I don’t even speak of the iPad app.

Those new updates are great for sure, but it’s like having updates for wifi and Bluetooth on a car that suddenly stops for no reason.

As a Toaster user....I'm flying a little blind, but....

I'd look at creating a rig with the amp and cab turned off. Set the Stomps and Effects as you'd like, save that. Create a copy of what is now a template. Select your amp/cab combo however you like. Boom.

The workflow here is a little backwards (amp/cab last), but makes things repeatable.

You may want to try saving your amps/cabs as presets. I forget if on the Stage you can save Stacks as presets. I like to do that in order to audition amps with the exact same Stomps/Effects. Using complete rigs means locking/unlocking.....ick.

I’m gonna try to find information about saving stacks as presets! Seems a great thing!
    thanxs

I think I had the same issue as you. Do you generally have all of your stomps/effects the same for each rig, but have a different amp/cab?

This is what I do, every rig was the same (mostly) with the exception of amp/cab, so then when I wanted to check out a new amp, all of the stomps/effects with that particular rig would overwrite my standard “template” that I made and I would have to re-drag everything back in. I work around it a bit better now by using the lock feature. Lock each of the stomps/effects and drag a new amp/cab in

now that I re-read your post, it looks like you may already use locking? If so, then let my comment just help you posts visibility, because I’d love a better way to do this than manually locking/unlocking

yes that’s also what I do for the moment.

It can be really annoying when you have 2 or 3 pedals/effect templates...

Thanxs for the up ^^

Hi there!

Stage user here.

Is there a way to save every slot as a preset/scene without amp and cab block?

Instead of trying some profiles to find a great tone and then have drag and drop everything or to save it then load another profile with effects then lock everything etc etc.

If it doesn’t exist it would be a really great feature!

Thanxs.

I know what you mean by « v shape ». I feel it too on high gain.

Never had an axe so can’t really tell but for my ears, the axe is more « studio sound ready » as the kemper is better at « real amp mic-ed sound ».

For the treble thing I had great results by lowering the gain on amp block and boosting with the « pushing Mars » with OCD distortion.

The kemper have so many ways to get the sound you want, you really have to get into it.