Posts by JoshuaL1

I know but that doesn’t help because I have to lower the clean sense to avoid clipping and I’ve already tested and it’s not true. Clean sense is also acting as « input sense » and definitely have an impact on distorted profiles.

Hi!

Found some good Marshall crunch tones and wanted to add some gain to them.

turning up the gain knob in the amp section act really weird, not working at all the way I expected.

But increasing the distortion sense was really better to keep the original tone of the amp.

What’s your thoughts on that?

in that case you need to adjust the clean sense until he rig volume stays the same.

the problem is that the clean sense is dedicated to the pickup output. Too high (even 0 with a Sh4) it’s clipping, if you set it too low you loose the dynamic or the gain output of the pickup.

It’s quit difficult to set everything right.

It's based around the fact that Kemper found a way to disconnect volume and gain. On a traditional amp when you increase the gain you need to reduce the master volume to compensate. Kemper managed to find a way to make changes to the gain without altering the volume.

when I raise the gain on my profiles it increases the overall volume...

Take one crunch profile, duplicate it, turn the gain knob : more volume

I think it’s just because iPadOS is one os only. There’s a lot (really) of android versions in the market plus the extra things that company add on their android system.

Going for Apple app is a just that if your app is stable, it is stable on all devices (kind of).
    android would require a lot more customer care services.

Hughes and Kettner did the same way for the app of the gm40

I had the same issue for years! Clean Sense was my problem, set waaayyyyyy too low. I was in the -2 to -4 range now I'm +4 to +5 and it feels like a real amp.

I also have the same issue (thank god I thought I was alone to have that problem lol) but my clean sense is set to have very minimal input clipping and I’m about minus 3db.

Seems like the input is too sensitive... when you strum hard a chord or the low E string the input clip and when you just play fast lines it’s not enough...

Tried a lot of things but never found a solution.

Depends on what you’re doing.

If I just play alone on monitors : no low cut

When I play live I cut about 80-90 to keep some body in my iem and let our sound engineer do his job and he generally cut at 150.

Hi there,

I’m new to the kemper world with a kemper stage (bought it 3 months ago) and honestly having really hard times creating tones I like...

Countless hours tweaking and finding profiles that can fit my needs but it’s really hard to get the right mids. All the profiles (and I mean a lot) I’ve tested we’re lacking mids or body.

A friend gave me his usb stick with a lot of paid profiles and it was the same. Sounded lifeless or too tiny etc etc.

I managed to find one Marshall profile that seems to sound great to me and I tweaked it a lot and I mean a lot.

I thought it could be great to have reviews of others kemper users, because I’m thinking maybe it’s just me that is too much used to real amp and trying to recreate an impossible thing with the Kemper (or other digital products)

So here’s my attempt of trying to recreate some Marshall tones à la Vai era, think of modded Marshall thing

In the SoundCloud file you have

- crunch

- distortion

- distortion + chorus

- lead tone

- lead tone + chorus

the guitar is my warmoth telecaster,

-1 piece mahogany body flame maple top,

- 1 piece flame maple neck

- Sh4 seymour duncan bridge

- Di marzio tele neck pickup (don’t remember the name but discontinued)

thanks for listening and helping me creating my loved tones !

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

By that I should have sold my KPA. I have found none that fits my needs without adding mids. Most of the profiles are too scooped. I remember my former band mate having a custom amp by felleretta and all he did was tweaking studio sounds. And although he had way more Watts no one could hear a single note from him. It took me ages to get him to the midrange knob.
    And to sum it up I bhought hundreds of profiles and tried another hundred from RM. But that relates mostly to high gain profiles.

I feel the same here...

that missing midrange is hard to tweak, any eq I apply seems not enough and then it completely change the tone of the profile.

I just need a hot Marshall (1959 with more gain, 80’ rock sound) and it so painful to nearly get the « tone » of the amp but without the classic Marshall midrange that cut the mix :(

If others can help, it would be great.

I use a custom made one piece body mahogany telecaster with Sh4 bridge pup, never had any problem with punch and midrange before