Posts by SliderJeff

Hey gang,

When I branch out from my usual metal leanings as far as music goes, I also dig smooth jazz and in particular, the tones and production from Sting's trumpet player, Chris Botti, as heard here on a song I would love to cover at some point. Anyone have any suggestions on what profile might best be used to try to emulate this bass tone?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Thank, as always, for the hard work on this, Frank. I realize I am performing necroscopy here with this thread, but is there any chance you or another listmember approximated the other Toneprint of his called, "Aurora"?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks!

i’m not sure I see the connection between toys, editors and professional audio gear. I am fairly agnostic towards the editor. It might be nice to have and might make my life a little easier but it won’t make the Kemper any more of a professional pieces of audio gear. Like not having an editor doesn’t make it a toy.

I bought a bit of pro audio gear that didn’t have an editor. I knew that at outset. The fact that Kemper are now going to make one available to me without extra charge is a bonus not a right as far as I am concerned.

To add to that thought, as a point of reference, when the Axe-FX Standard and Ultra came out (and for several years afterwards), there was no editor. It wasn't until much further in the life cycle of the product that an editor showed up... and it was rife with bugs. To the point that I don't ever think it got out of Beta status. I can't say if/how far they may have come with the change to the Quantum OS and the Axe-FX III, but I guess that begs the question as to whether you think the Axe-FX line of products is a "toy" or piece of pro gear, as well? Some people seem to feel unfulfilled if they don't have something to gripe about. I personally am happy to have such a wonderful tool at my disposal, editor or not. YMMV.

Understood. And this is why variety in music/life is a wonderful thing! There's something for everyone. One person's "has no feeling" is another person's "shows incredible mastery of the instrument and sublime energy", while another person's "says more with one note than X does with a million" is another's "bores me to tears.... what a hack". :)

That also reminded me, for a touch of djent-like fusion fun, check out Arch Echo!

For the shred lovers, I love listening to Angel Vivaldi, Nita Strauss, and Andy James... check them out if you haven't:

Sorry, got on a roll. :D

I'm dealing with a family death and funeral this week and had I known (I really should have known!) that my fellow Kemperites would step up to the plate to the extent that they have, I'd have held out on making the request 'til next week when I'll have more time to respond "properly" and exhaust all the avenues and rabbit holes the links provided.

Just goes to show, yet again, what an awesome community we have here. As I've often said in these here parts, a classy product begets a classy clientele. :D8o:pinch:<3

Deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss.

This appears to have at least one of his tracks on it:

http://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/33jsx11046

You might be able to contact the SABC and perhaps gain access to at least the Groep Twee recordings that they have in their library. Supposedly, they did at least 2 of your grandfather's songs on a recording that they performed for SABC, per Wikipedia:

"Group Two also includes a transcriptional record for the SABC and renewed numbers such as Tommy Roering's Bloemfontein's roses , Moonlight on the water "

http://web.sabc.co.za/sabc/hom…06&title=Record%20Library

You weren't wrong though, this might go beyond the limits of simply Googling. Sorry, mate.

Oh yeah, and for those of you that are Symphony X fans or just progressive metal fans, in general, check out Michael's Romeo's latest solo effort, "War of the Worlds, Part I". Killer playing. Killer vox. Me likey!

Also, Darkwater's latest is really capturing my listening time on the commute and in the office,

:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm enjoying the heck out of Flotsam and Jetsam's latest effort "The End of Chaos." A classic thrash metal band that's been around for ages and still seems to be able to not lose a step. Here's the video for one off this CD, "Control":

Enjoy!

Evergrey has indeed returned to form with their latest effort, "The Atlantic". I wasn't a fan of their last few efforts, as I cut my teeth with them listening to "The Dark Discovery", "Solitude Dominance Tragedy" and my personal favorite, "In Search of Truth". "Recreation Day" and some parts of "The Inner Circle" I still liked, but they they really fell off for me, both musically and lyrically. Glad to see they are back to putting out stuff I like with this release.

Found a decent audio quality vid of "Watching The Skies" from ISOT. Enjoy!

This might help, as it's his rig rundown from that same year. It appears he's using an Axe-FX. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it might give you some hints.