Posts by carsnguitars58

I thought this might be fun...
    One of the things I'll delving into once the Profiler Remote becomes available will be it's wah settings.
    Much to the credit of Don Petersen's great work, I'll be excited to explore some of his various "captures" available.

Next, I began recalling some of my favorite songs and players.

As of this post, the one song that stuck a deep chord with me would be:
    Manfred Mann's - Blinded by the light
    I'm in no way saying this is "the best" but this song's wah texture, dynamics and technique leaves me inspired as many times as I hear it.

As for players, these are some of my favorites that come to mind:
    Eric Clapton
    Robin Trower
    JJ Cale

Who/What would be yours?

I suppose I'll cry uncle here since some here missed the point I was trying to share.
    All I was saying was that IMO I do believe the IS value in ponying up the extra $$ to invest in a product engineered, matched and dedicated to each other.
    The real proof to any of this will be when the units actually arrive and the early birds gather first-hand experiences with it over this anticipated speculation. ;)

Agree with the above on all counts.

At first I took issue with the cost/value notion, but then concluded I'm really a "systems" type person at heart.

Meaning: I'd much rather invest in a product specifically designed to work with the Kemper delivering both special advantages today and only more tomorrow.
    Seeing the OS version 3.0 is right around the corner, who's to know what complications this might bring to using conventional controllers. Whether this issue actually occurs or not, I wouldn't be willing to take that risk.

Moreover, I'll be content knowing any future improvements will be with matched products.

I suppose I'll end up going with a DXR10.

Somehow I thought you already had a DXR10??? Anyway, I'd recommend it highly.
    Granted the Atomic has better quality, but you seem interested in other options.

Just make an appointment and any local music shop (many carry them in stock) and try one out for yourself.

Based on your posted selection criteria, I believe you'll be pleased.
    Hint: Try it out with one your favorite profile(s) using various cab selections. ;)

Hmmm.... Dealing with some sticker shock here.
    $600 US is about 28% of the cost of a base Kemper itself. Pretty pricey for a utility accessory.

To put it another way. If I had $600 to invest in my system, I could truly justify spending that much for a powered speaker that'd be required in order to produce sound.
    (With soundboard or headphone connections being the only other alternatives)

But, as innovative as the Kemper Remote is, it remains a utility accessory with it's functional purpose to assist with on-board changes which could always be accomplished either manually or by use with other like devices.
    i.e. The Remote itself brings little if anything new to the party, just a simplified means to accomplish the task.

I'm sure it'll do fine at a NAMM type event where many have $$$ falling out of their pockets, but might prove to be a stretch in the regular market with so many alternative options existing within that price point.

I would have happily invested $350 - 400 US for this unit while still providing a healthy profit towards it's design, innovation and manufacturing costs, but confess I'm having a hard time justifying the cost gap.

Perhaps the Remote has other useful features beyond it's general description, but a 30 second looper won't be cinching this gap for me either.

Barring any loyalty incentives which may/may not develop, I'm OK for now observing the success progress of the Remote.

How many of you recall (or heard of) Kemper's register incentive program to get their non-powered units upgraded to powered?

Not to steal anyone's thunder, but I'm truly hopeful a like program will be announced to "forumites" and/or registered owners for the Kemper Remote. :whistling: Product loyalty for quality would be a fair exchange.

Everything I've read and seen so far results in what I'll refer to as a "Well Balanced" design.

The characteristics which appeal to me most are:
    1) The RJ45 handling both power and midi. Using Neutrick to me is a bonus. 8o
    2) An interactive/legible character display.
    3) Ample and intelligent spacing between stomp buttons for changes.

*** Note to self: Need to find out more about that looper function. :rolleyes:

I think it's great that only the expression connections were included minus the pedals. It's preserves the option without the constraint of being tied to a particular product.
    i.e. Some will still favor the feel of their Dunlop, Mission, Ernie Ball etc. pedals and I think it's great Kemper chose not to interfere with that.

Without even having one yet, I have no question with the Kemper Remote being robust enough for road use.

Having been though several different pedal approaches all of which were either way too big/heavy to lug around or fell short with 7 or 5 pin midi connections. The other shortfall having a reasonable display alternative.

All in all, a well thought out and balanced design IMO.

I prefer the versatility of FRFR speakers. When I switch to an AC30 or Fender sound, I want it to sound like those amps with their traditional speakers, not like they would sound connected to a 4x12 cabinet.

+1 - I couldn't agree more...

The only other thing I'd add would be the ability to "experiment" live with other cabinet selections in real-time with an FRFR application. This may sound contradictory to Paults's original statement, but I'm all about flexibility. ;)

My main guitar has a composite neck with only side markers. Not any problem for me.
    I confess it does tend to be awkward sometimes jamming with others since it's difficult for them to identify either where I am (or going) on the neck.
    Even so, the neck is so playable, I just deal with it.
    Zero interest to install markers. (personal preference)

Originally, I began with a 3U shallow case, but then concluded I couldn't be without an attached power conditioner. The 4U case I use now is just the right balance to suit my needs, but your needs may differ.

It's light enough to tote around for simple headphone use and easily connects to any speaker/board configuration.

Some like to have wireless units tucked in as well, but anything like that will only introduce larger size/greater weight considerations to weigh against.

The good news is all my other processors are all gone now, since the Kemper handles those needs. ;)

You can mix or blend tones using the Parallel Path feature.
    I hope I got your question correctly.

cKemper – Parallel Path = Sheer genius…

Forgive the pun, but how ironical it is being so close to Christmas you offering up this “Easter Egg”. ;)
    (Trusting you get the humor)

I have to admit that my original read of the Parallel Path option, I failed to grasp its application benefit towards Acoustics, so I dismissed it. Thank you so much for redirecting me to it again.

Per you suggestion, I re-read and actually experimented with this technique and it indeed (ingeniously I might add) livened the output of the acoustic profiles I was working with like never before.

Merely saying Whoa or the like does little to explain the power of this “gem” of a technique deserving way more attention.

Moreover, you and your team deserve all the accolades that can be offered for making this both possible and available.

And to think, I was so close to abandoning use of acoustic profiles within the Kemper arena. :pinch:

Now with a better understanding of this fabulous little tool available in an EQ arsenal, I’m truly excited to be able to summon profiles across the complete realm of tones. (Allowing Kemper to do what is does best) :thumbup:

Under certain conditions, wiring a separate and isolated acoustic chain still has merit, but the need for an additional DI in order to enhance an acoustic signal seems mute given this Parallel Path option.

Mmmm - Humble pie doesn’t taste so bad after all. :rolleyes: