Posts by Morty

Hello i have imported rigs from USB, and the manual is easy to understand. now I want to upgrade to the 2.6.0 public beta version. but don't understand what to do. i have a gig tomorrow and don't want to do anything wrong.

can someone please tell me step by step how to upgrade from one version to the other? Iis it as simple as, external storage format? Do I need to have a backup for my rigs? I have downloaded the 2.6.0 on my usb stick.

I have for many years used a amp that have a solo volume button. It is very nice and i love it. i was trying to get a smaller amp/top and the Mesa Mini that i bought did not have solovolume. i bought one of the finest boosterpedals around. Skrydstrup BR1 it can be set as a volumboost without destroying signal/tone
    I traded the Mesa for a Kemper, and use the FCB1010. I simply make one A-B presets one for rythm and one for solo. I still got my lovely tubeamp. But i like the Kemper a lot!

Right said!
    There is two possible reasons that you get more noise on certain rigs than you got from your old tube amp:
    More gain, or more high frequencies from boutique amp profiles.

the buzz ocures mostly on my clean sounds, with no gain.. rigs with distortion or mid gain/breakupgain dont buzz.. I am used to buzz, but i am not happy about the fact that the Kemper Buzz more than my tube amp!
    The strange thing is thats it buzzing during holding a note too! I dont play on cheap guitars! i will try to plug it into a socket inside my house and see if its any difference

I doubt that will be any different if i rotate the main! I have many powercables from my rig as it is now. my current powerpoint have only 4 outlets. disconecting FCB1010, G-Force, Sennheizer makes no difference. I just have to switch out every component and cables to see it it make a difference. Maby plug in led lights instead of ordinary bulbs in the room

This things need poversuply

Kemper

Yamaha DXR

FCB1010

T.C. G-Force

Senheizer inear

it become worse when i pushed the groundlift for the monitor circuit! I think it can be the dimswitch on my lights. but its still there when the light is of too! but that maby not be a difference.. I will check the line frqency!! dont know anything about it!

I play quality guitars from Tom Anderson, shielding and wiering should be good. it was the same with all my guitars

Thanx for answers!

Hello i have a musicroom on my garage, and know its not the best grounded circut there. My tube amp also make a bit buzz, but my Kemper does make even more Buzz. I have tested several guitars because i tought the sheielding was getting bad. I also unplugged my prsessor. I use a Yamaha DXR8, monitor. no difference when groundlift button phushed in. it become worce on the monitorcircut

Did not notice this on my last gig, but at home this is terrible.. especially on clean long notes, befor the end the buzz come befor the note is dead..I have tryed to adjust the gate a bit, but to much you kill the sustain and singing notes. I am very happy with the sound and rigs it make, but this buzzing is not good.

Anyone who have had this problems? is it anything you can do with it? I play only Tom Anderson guitars, and a Fender sometimes, singelcoils. comlete silense its not possible, but the Kemper feels very sensitive to me.. I am not always holding my hand on the tremoloblock! when i let go the buzz is very notisable!

I am not a user of Wah, only used autowah on my G-force sometimes. But i have noticed the same! its very big volumedrop when moving the pedal. I have not gone into settings, but as it is now its useless, because it would have drowned in the mix

i think the tuner is ok, it worked vell on my Mandolin too! but i have Buzz Feiten tuning on my main electrics, so i cant use it anyway.. wish i could set BF offsetts

Very nice site! i will check it out later! I ma looking for good clean sounds, so then i can filter away highgain rigs and metal rigs!

i find a lot of good distorted amps/rigs. but nice cleans for strat who recreate real quacky sond/new strings feeling is difficult without tweaking it to sharp. AC clean and some Bogner rigs is the best so far.

i Think i have done two things wrong.. I was not looking propperly when i plugged in the send /return plugs.. the left was into the alternative. it seemed logical to place them together. it worked when i first tested it with my monitor. but i switched to the other (return) i also switched the Loop to mono, then it was the same level on both left and right speaker.

Anyone knows how the Stereoloop works?

Maby i have misunderstand the usage og a Kemper. but i tought the sound should copy the sound the way your amp is heard trough a PA. And i simpli liked this tought with same sound and tone in every event, no micing up cab. no boomy bass because of mic, no noise from mick and no feedback problems. and most of all little weight and a lot less to carry

at home i favour the varm open sound from my tube amp ofcorce! but i play 95% live trough a PA. I easyly understand that guitarist want that warm pure sound trough their Kemper monitor too!! its close in my DXR8, but not the same.. but i can get realy close to my tube amp tone after micking up trough PA! The problem is that we all want to hear what we are used to!

I have not had the Kemper for a long time and only tested it last weekend! Looking forward to play it this weekend too, and i think the Kemper is going to be my main live amp in the future!

I have to go deeper into it. Could it be some settings for the FX loop? I will try the presets who is without TC. dely. I am really not into such tweaking and processing. I have only played with tube amps, and the G-force is fairly easy to get good sound from. I don't find any dely that i liked in the Kemper. to extreme and it copy too much.
    One thing i noticed was a very big volumdrop in the rigs when i added the effect loop! it was not so on my tube amps. i can set in/output on my G-Force

Looking forward to play with it this weekend too. :) The FCB 1010 is working good, but don't switch as fast as my Boss/Roland midi board. i like that i can turn effects on and off in the upper row and presets on the lower row! I have placed the same effects in the same position on every rig so i easily fin the right switch!. Think i will make som names on a piace of tape to make it more easy

It was default stereo output. We was not playing on or own PA put these soundengineers are proffesionals. uses Midas mixers. it was much more signal from the right output. Yesterday i tryed to just plug the outputs directly into our practice speakers(Behringer samll PA) Exactly the same. much more signal into the right speaker, all parameters was the same on each speaker.

Can someone tell me what output to use? I have no idea what to use. The sound was nicest wen i had it set like default, stereo output. The gear i am using is Kemper+Yamaha DXR8 as monitor, and TC G-force in x slot.

Hello I had my first gig this weekend and left my tube amp at home. I have problems with the main output. It seems like its not levelled right /left. The right side was much louder then the left! I don't understand how to level it? Have other users had the same problems?
    I have tweaked a bit on my clean sounds now and looking forward to play with it next weekend.
    How to level left right so it is even?

You play the guitar on the M-TV! that ain't workin'! That's the way you do it!.....

Dont know if the threadstarter mean this as irony! or he dont understand how the Kemper works!

dont think he have tweaked the sence, pick, tube sag and comp! the main purpose ise to use the Kemper troug PA and then you will not notice very big difference in tone quality from the real amp and the Kemper! no bloomy bass no noise from micing up guitar cab and so on!

You're welcome! But think again over what you've written: How could the Kemper recognize the gear, which is connected to it's Loop???

i agree! totaly unlogical! I will try it out after work today! overall i am realy stisfyed with the Kemper! when you dig deeper into a rig and add EQ, BOOST, and adjust sence pick and tube sag you can realy make it sound like a real tube amp! I found the comp very nice too, and when i make A/B presets for rythm/volume i can have different comp settings like real tube amp whoe make natural comp! nice and flexible

i think i will use the TC. delay, because i love it and it have bin a part of my signature sound for many years now

I am not satisfyed with dely and reverb with the Kemper. I am using a TC. G-Force with my tube amps and love the TC dely!

i have cabled the G-Force to the send /return for the Kemper and i got signal to the G-force. The big Question is How do i get it into the X-slot??? when i press the X-Slot only the standard Kemper effects is loaded! Cant find the G-force! I wonder in what meny i can load my G-force? i dont understand it, and it dont say how to do it in the manual.. just to place it in the X-slot!

Have anyone answer for my problem? :)