Posts by JerEvil

Thanks Raoul!

Have you made any of your own amp profiles yet? Seems relatively straight forward.

May I ask which controller you are using live? Are you using it in "Performance" mode?

Not sure what would be the best set up for me. I like the idea of a good general tone with your standard effects to be switched off and on like pedals, BUT I also would like to capture some signature tones for things like Boston, Santana, Queen, etc.

Hey all, new user to the forums here.

Here's my situation. I play guitar and sing in a band specializing in corporate events (large private parties).

We play about a show or 2 a month with a corporate band looking to get to 3 or 4, as our manager is also one of the larger DMC owners in Vegas this should prove easy.

The first few gigs I brought my 100 Watt Splawn Quick Rod, 2x12 and full pedal board. Sounded glorious but drummer uses V-Drums and a 100 tube head is overkill. Also with the treks we have to make with gear it's a pain.

I bought a Digitech RP1000 and small powered Alto wedge and it sounds decent but I am really jonesing for something a bit nicer. The tones I'm getting from the RP are certainly passable and I KNOW the attendees could give a rats fart about my sound.

With that said I'm I am leaning towards getting a Kemper. That with a midi board seems like a great setup as well but much more costly. I like that I could profile my Quick Rod though and have "my sound" anywhere I went. Our client last night already asked if we'd fly to Orlando next year.

I am also in a spot on which midi controller to go with. I like seeing the patch name as well as which effects are active. I was leaning towards the RJM Mastermind GT but someone in another post mentioned the Liquid Foot 12+ which looks similar at a much more reasonable price point. I had also heard good things about the Roctron Midi Raider.

I would probably get the original white "toaster" as it looks awesome. Any pros/cons of toaster vs. rack?

Thanks in advanced for your replies.

This thread is certainly relevant to my interests. I have a Digitech RP1000 that I am using with a Alto powered wedge. The Alto actually sounds pretty good for stage reference. Our drummer uses a V-Drum kit. We do corporate gigs and I needed a quick solution to 100 watt tube amps i own. The RP sounds passable for sure but I am very interested in the Kemper. Anyone else using the Ato stuff?

Also I am in a bit of a pickle on what to use for a foot controller. I like the RJM Mastermind GT and just saw the above post mentioning the Liquid Foot. I like the ability to see the names of the effects and patches on the midi board which rules out the Behringer for me. Anyone have experience with the RJM vs. Liquid Foot? Pros/Cons?