Posts by prsgary

well, most of the wah settings already existed in another thread for years before monkey man started this thread.

A lot of us (myself included) knew nothing of another thread before Monkey_Man began his wah thread. I therefore do not think it a bad thing at all that he's organized these wahs for us (even if they had previously been organized elsewhere). I think he's brought this to the mainstream attention, and that can only be good for Kemper users everywhere. I applaud his efforts and I wish you would be on his side, regardless of his rhetoric, and not chide him for being "presumptuous." Be nice to all who visit this wonderful forum. We learn so much from the wisdom and experience of the whole assemblage of talent and brainpower utilizing the amazing Kemper Profiling Amp.

And please don't forget that we are both your customers as well as your chief local, but highly enthusiastic sales advocates across the entire globe. Most of my musical friends have barely even heard of the Kemper (at least here in the states)! I promote it every time I get the chance. We get the word out how great this wonderful machine is to millions. Monkey_Man is an inspired part of this behind the scenes sales force, loyal to the core. Don't silence what keeps your wonderful brainchild making your company, and the entire musical community, rich.

when I finally break down and get an expression pedal.

So what's holding you back from such a minor purchase? The wahs are (mostly) really great and an expression pedal, even a cheap on one, will do them up nicely. Go for it, Jeff!!

wrbi - so I tried it out and at least on my PRS I hear no wisp of any 12 string. I might tinker with added delay, see if there's any difference. I glad you do on your Strat and thanks for sharing!

Changing the volume, gain, presence or even eq isn;t really the type of tweaking I'm referring to.

Im talking about difiction, amp sag, IR's etc which you rarely have that level of control on a tube amp.

Interesting phrase "isn't really the type of tweaking I'm referring to." Personally I think (and I bet most would agree) any change you save with your profile means that it's been tweaked (it's no longer just out of the box so to speak), but that's just semantics, not important. The only thing that's important is that you're having fun getting sounds you enjoy playing!

Silly question, why morph a pure booster and not just volume? Would save you a slot. I do the same but with volume.

And sometimes I do that as well. My morphs are usually tied into increasing delay mix and/or feedback, and/or a flanger - something extra for solos, depends on the song. I love effects. So it's not strictly volume I morph, I should have been more clear in my statement there, sorry.

I'm a tweaker, always have been. So I find a profile that's pretty close to what I'm after, then I adjust EQ a little to taste, play with definition a little, and, if it's a lead sound I'm after I almost always add some tasty delay, increase rig volume, and add a morphed pure booster just in case I need more when I hit the stage. Lead sounds almost always benefit from that, especially if you're looking for "live" rigs, which is mostly what I do.

So to me it depends on the setting in which you're playing that dictates whether to tweak or not and how much; studio or live.

I just want to thank you guys for your efforts. I am looking forward to trying this out on my Gibson. Want to see how it sound swith the humbuckers

I added a rig for use with humbuckers, PRS Acoustic p/u#4 which Ed generously helped me with. You might want to try this on your Gibson also.

For the record, my PRS has 5 blade switch very common in the Classic 24 model. It gives me;

1) Neck HB

2) Neck HB w/ neck single coil in parallel

3) Bridge & Neck HBs

4) Bridge HB w/ bridge single coil in parallel

5) Bridge HB

No dedicated single coil option.

Quote from EdwardArnold ok and now with that extra boost you think I don’t know about.

:D:D:D:D - Very funny Alan!

I don't know why feedback should be any issues, agree with you there. I also had zero hum or hiss, so not sure where people are getting that, unless it's a single coil issue.

How sad :( you're missing a lot , SC & P90 are my favorite pickups by far , especially for rhythm , and these are easier to mix.

No question they sound great, I just am not a fan of the necks widths or profiles and haven't found one I'm comfortable playing, certainly not Teles or Strats. My fingers may just be shorter than most.