Posts by FlyingSnowman

I really don't like switching between the Looper mode and Performance mode when I'm in the middle of a song on a gig...
    I would really appreciate if there is a way to use the external switches on the Remote to control the Looper. One switch would be to record, another one to playback/stop. That way, I can just stay in Performance mode all the time.

Does this feature exist already? If not, any plans to integrate this in a future release?

About Phase90 ... do you check my Phaser presets? ... because I manage to sound almost the same with the KPA Phaser vs the Phase90 MXR ...
    Here the link (with A/B audio test included at various settings):
    MXR Phase90 Presets for the KPA

Do you manage to find preset for the Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress, I was searching for them, since I don't have the original one to compare?

Hi Maurizio,

I spent some time this morning with the Mobius and the original MXR EVH Phase 90. It seems impossible to me to replicate it totally. The MXR is very dirty compared to the Mobius. I get close to it when adding EQ, but still not 100% happy... I checked your settings too. I uploaded my settings on my website: http://www.flyingsnowman.com/m…kemper.html&ma=2&subid=29

I also included the Electric Mistress setting that I compared this morning with the Mobius setting of the Electric Mistress. Pretty close and quite happy with this one... Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Eric

+1

I would like the Remote to send out midi controllers with (at least) the 4 assignable buttons, the tap tempo button, and the expression pedals and switches connected to it. The 5 performance slots buttons too if possible. It would be nice to send out a midi controller (values 0 when OFF, 127 when ON) in addition to the standard behavior it has now.

The Performance Slot pages could be used to indicate which Controller Numbers you want to send out with your Remote (per button and per slot). The System page could be using for indicating if you want to send out this midi data to the midi out and/or thru ports...

About Phase90 ... do you check my Phaser presets? ... because I manage to sound almost the same with the KPA Phaser vs the Phase90 MXR ...
    Here the link (with A/B audio test included at various settings):
    MXR Phase90 Presets for the KPA

Do you manage to find preset for the Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress, I was searching for them, since I don't have the original one to compare?

Hi Maurizio!
    Yes you were part of my test plan; I downloaded your presets already and they are ready to test. Will do that this weekend.

Regarding the Electric Mistress... I found a stompbox setting called like that (in fact, 2 of them) but I'm not sure where they came from, if it was me that created it or if it came with an upgrade. I will compare those too this weekend (not with the Electric Mistress because I just sold it but with the Mobius).

Having a Strymon Mobius and absolutely love it! I had many of the best analog pedals before (Boss Chorus CE-2, A/DA Flanger and Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress Deluxe Flanger, MXR Dunlop UniVibe and MXR Dunlop EVH Phase 90) and I got rid of them all (well, not the Phase 90...) because I did A/B tests and I got the Mobius to sound exactly the same. I used to carry a big rack with all my effect pedals, now it's just the Mobius! and the Kemper of course. Great stuff. Still have to make some work on getting the Phaser on the Mobius to sound more like the EVH Phase 90...

To be totally honest, I use the Hyper Chorus in the Kemper because it sounds so much better than the CE-2...

No, you can assign a switched-off and a switched-on stomp to the same button, and when pressing the FX button, they simply swap states. ;o)
    But if you really need 4 pitchshifters for Highway Star...
    1. can I have a copy of your Perfomance? ;o)
    2. I'd use 4 slots approach just for the sake of controlability, the 1 remaining slot should be enough to cover the rythm parts of the song.

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the explanation. I discovered that also this weekend. And I also discovered that I can play the entire solo with just one scale - so everything's cool now!
    Cheers,
    Eric

We are not aware of any threads related to switching time under current os release 3.2.1. Especially Performance Mode is using different approaches now, which are confirmed to ensure very short switching times. So first make sure, you are using current os.

Should you still experience issues under current os, check out if you can narrow in issue to particular Performances/Slots. Then open a support ticket including backup and description how to reproduce plus information how you switch (Remote, MIDI, analog switches directly connected, front panel).

I can definitely confirm that I use the latest OS Release 3.2.1... I change performance presets with the Remote, nothing else. And I can definitely confirm that I had a latency problem during the rehearsal.

What I will do, is test all the Performances on the rehearsal next week, and update this thread afterwards with feedback on how it went.

What if you have to play a solo where the chord change in such a way that you cannot use the same scale throughout the whole solo?
    For example: Highway Star by Deep Purple. Starts with minor scale and add a third (if I remember well), but then, when the chord changes, the scale sounds wrong.
    How can you dynamically adjust the scale so that the whole solo sounds right?

I tried it yesterday night at home and had no problem. There could be several causes I think in my case:

- I didn't try all the performances, just one. I'll try it out on the rehearsal next week.
    - external loop (device connected that doesn't switch fast enough?)
    - power? since it's in another place I tried it, maybe there wasn't enough power compared to my place at home?

I'm asking the question because the Mobius doesn't sound very nice, and I know it's not due to the unit, because I tested it on other amps.
    I'm using the powered version of the KPA so I'm listening in mono. It was connected in stereo, used in the MOD (post stack) section as a stereo loop. Could that be the reason?

Does anyone else use a Strymon Mobius effect pedal in the External Loop of the Kemper? If so, how did you set it up to get the best results?

- mono or stereo loop?
    - in the Stomp or in the X (or MOD) effects section?
    - did you put the volume and mix both to 100% (or less, or more?)
    - anything else that might help me to get the best results?

Thanks.