Posts by DaanJM

I have read somewhere that you should never connect a powered speaker to the Speaker output. Is this right?

This is indeed right. I didn't really get what it had to do with your general question.

And you mention perfectly possible with the correct settings in the output menu. But it would be more clearer to me if you explain how.

From the reference manual:

"You can also setup an individually controllable stereo output separately from the MAIN OUTPUT: set Monitor Output
    source to “Master Left” and Direct Output source to “Master Right”. Link both volumes of DIRECT and MONITOR
    OUTPUT to the MASTER VOLUME knob, and unlink Main Volume. Now you have a stereo monitor signal,
    Output/Master Section 45
    controllable by the MASTER VOLUME knob, independent from the MAIN OUTPUT, which goes to the main mixing
    desk."

Then you can unlink the Monitor Output and link the Main Output so you can control your on-stage volume by the Main Output knob.

Also, as the Monitor Output is not balanced, you may need to use a DI if you go this route.

Or use the Monitor+Direct Output as a stereo pair for the two DXR10's. Then you can use the balanced XLR Main Out (without external DI) for FOH.

Done all...! What's going on here...? Do I have to go back to my previous RM version?

It depends. Do you want to keep the release OS version on your Profiler? Then go back to the previous RM version. You can also choose to install the beta OS version and keep the RM version you're running right now.

And there's another problem. I used to click on a rig in Rig manager and an headphones icon appeared in front of the rig name. My profiler showed immediately that rig so I could try out how it sounds.Now, nothing happens anymore.

That's because of the mismatch in versions between Rig Manager and the Profiler OS

I did about the same:

I did keep the cab presets in my Kemper (as I only have 18 ). Changed the names to shorter ones (on the Kemper with keyboard) so the full name shows up when browsing the presets.
    It is a very tedious process though.

This video contains some unreleased delay algorithms.
    Maybe they were saved for NAMM 2017?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The main volume has changed from one update to the next. Its not a big deal I just turn the overall volume down but just thought it was weird that the volume level keeps changing on each update. Is there a list of what defaults were changed during the update so that I can revert any changes from one release to another

I'm not sure if you really understand the differences between Master Volume and the different volumes in the Output Menu.

On the Output Settings, page 2: which links do you have engaged?
    If you have more than one link engaged, a single value of the master volume is linked to multiple volumes of different outputs. To illustrate: you can have the master volume at 0.0, while the Main Out volume is at -10.0dB and the Monitor Out volume is at -5.0dB.