Posts by Sunshine

I haven't watched the video - but this (apart from the Kemper parallel) isn't absurd; that's how it works. Not the sound, of course, but the songwriting. If somebody's original music is played in a public setting (or used in a commercial, used as a sample on another artist's CD etc), the rights holder is owed money.

I am not arguing that it makes sense on paper but in reality, how many times have you heard a bar band cover an AC/DC song? I have never in my life heard of a band paying royalties to another band for playing their song. At least not in the realm of bands who play their own music. Maybe in the working band's world, where they play covers at weddings and events for a living, its a different story.

EDIT* And my absurdity claim was def in regards to the Kemper parallel.

EDIT 2* Aside from the bad example he makes, I am specifically arguing his claim of another band even covering one of his songs and owing him money. That is just too far an extreme IMHO. I completely agree that a band owns their music and has the right to be paid when it is utilized in the proper domain. If my band covers a Slayer song at a basement show, I wouldn't expect Slayer to come looking for a royalty check.

• I think you have a good idea.
    • You can use a Studio or Merged rig that contains a V30 cab, and turn the cabinet off in the Monitor Output. Use the Monitor EQ to fine tune the sound to your guitar cabinet.

• One thing to keep in mind: You don't want your FOH signal to sound just like your cabinet sounds to you onstage. Instead, you want it to sound like a really well miked V30 cabinet, so it will fit into the mix well.

Awesome. Tomorrow I finally get to crank the Kemper and hear it through the cab. I have only been messing with it through IEMs since it arrived. Very excited.

Hello again. :D

I'm trying to justify buying a FRFR cab, but I think I owe my v30 guitar cab a shot first. I have always been a V30 guy. I played all my Marshalls through V30s, my current Bassman, etc.

In theory, I feel like if I tune the Kemper to sound good through my V30 cab using direct profiles, and then use a v30 cab sim to FOH, they should sound reasonably similar, right?(This would be a stop-gap solution until I decide on a FRFR cab.)

I'm not worried about the amps being 100% authentic to the original amp that was modeled. I just want to lessen the discrepancy between FOH signal and my stage sound. I won't always have in ears to monitor the FOH feed.

Thanks!

I have watched this. He works directly with a company known for ripping off circuit designs of other guitar pedals and selling them cheap. For instance, I bought the Joyo version of the Suhr Riot pedal based on his review and comparison. It sounds exactly the same as the real thing. It's the same color, same layout, etc.

In the video he starts off by saying there are only so many ways you can go with a circuit before it sounds like shit. this is his way of justifying Joyo's cloning of pedals. The fact is, Joyo takes money directly out of the pockets of other companies by copying their products and selling them.

Then, he goes on to complain about his CD, stating that even if your band covers one of his bands song at a bar, you owe him money. He supposedly owns that sound. This is the kind of absurdity he tries to parallel with using a Kemper, even though you can not patent sound. This logic means that he owes every manufacturer he used to produce the sounds on the record money every time it is played. What about the manufacturers of the studio equipment? Don't forget to pay them, too.

I find the Kemper to be a much for legitimate product than cheap Chinese knockoff pedals. (No offense, China) I can use it to profile MY OWN AMPS.

If one of these studio wizards wants to sell profiles, I view it as me purchasing their performance as an engineer, not a rip-off of the amp. A single amp could produce 1,000s of different sounding snapshots.

Not everyone has a multi million dollar studio with treated rooms, mic lockers, and decades of experience. I highly doubt I could profile an amp as well as Michael Wagener... I could easily buy the amp, profile it, and return it... So, in my opinion, his point is moot and very biased considering he is now deeply entwined with Joyo.

Sunshine, I know this because I'm in a similar situation. I contacted ME who provided the answer. I also spoke (email) with Mick at Xitone. His 212 is set up the same way. BUT Mick will wire the speakers in series for a total 16 ohms and thus allow for the utilization of both speakers with the mono Powerhead.

I'm not completely in love with the form factor of the Xitone. I want something that looks more like a traditional cab.The Mbritt model looks close, but i'm looking for something passive.

Also, the ME cabs are priced much more attractively. Now that my amp guy/bass player wont have many amps to fix, i'm sure I can talk him into wiring the ME 2x12 for 16ohm performance. I'm tempted to just go with the 1x12, though.

If you go Gemini Passive 212 with a Powerhead Kemper, you will only be utilizing one speaker unless you use an additional power source for stereo.

Very interesting. I really want to just go with the 1x12. Occasionally we play very loud bars with no PA support for instruments. I'm slightly worried about this scenario with a single speaker.

Ill be battling a guitarist with an analog rig, and a bassist with a vintage Sunn all tube amp. I have had no problems in the past with a 1x12 combo amp. I just need to "feel" what the FRFR feels like for myself, I guess.

I had two of these years ago, active ones but nonetheless. This was before Atomic teamed up with Mr. Jay Mitchell and developped the CLR.
    The FR's are absolutely not on par with the current Atomic CLR line (which has been on top of the food chain for years now).
    All in all I don't think I can wholly recommend them.
    The in- built tweeter used to squeal a lot (but to be fair could be dialed down if needed be).

Thank you, sir. I watched your Atomic/Yamaha comparison on Youtube.

Another product I am interested in is the passive Mission Gemini. I'm still deciding between 1x12 or 2x12, but I think I want a passive version in the end.

With the newer setups on the Mission it looks like the speaker elements are configured more like a traditional guitar speaker. Would this mean the cab would be possible to mic traditionally if need be? I know it sounds insane to want to mic a FR cab when you can just line out, but there are stage managers and FOH guys out here who are just as crazy...

That 20-30 minute doodling thing happens to all Kemper users, possessed by wonder at the tones that are possible with this device. :D

I suggest you install rig manager and hook up your computer to the Kemper. That makes the process of choosing tones as well as creating performances for a setlist much easier.

I haven't really had more than 45 minutes due to work, but I did manage to get rig manager installed and tried the rig preview feature hooked up to the Kemper. Can I remove unused profiles from the Kemper via rig manager as well? It has so much stuff on it, it's a bit overwhelming. What I would like to do is get one really solid sounding and dependable performance set up and then clone it to the next bank and edit it specifically for the next song.

Yeah AJ, just as we have music-video reaction clips on PooToob, we could have Kemper-reaction ones, but focussing only on that initial facial expression of surprise, wonderment and awe that I reckon'd be so common.

I know I felt all three, plus immense satisfaction that I'd finally found a means to disembark the L6 Train™.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So...The Kemper already had some Mbritt stuff on it when it arrived.. I went through some sounds, fumbling my way through. A lot of clean stuff. I think the previous owner was a slide/country player in Nashville. In fact, I know he was because I looked him up and he is an absolute chickn pickn beast.

I got into the gainier stuff and thought "These profiles might not be for me" about 5 minutes later I realized the cab sim was off... Once I got everything leveled out and found a nice warm marshall-y sound, I was in absolute heaven. I can't believe how good this thing sounds even through my ultra-critical CIEMs.

My main problem will be configuring it for a set list by next rehearsal, because every time I find something awesome, I get stuck riffing on it for 20-30 minutes at a time. Enjoying it, trying to hear flaws, trying to find something I don't like. It's just so good.

my 4x10 schedule leaves me strapped for time during the work week so my playing will probably be minimal, but come this Sunday, it's on!!!

Anyone have a horror story about their powered toaster hitting the floor or falling off the stage?
    What about a full beer flying across the room and landing on your foot controller?
    Did it continue to function?

I'm just trying to get a rough idea how road friendly my new toaster will be and decide what precautions ill need to take. I play in the dirtiest of punk and metal venues. Sometimes just the humidity in the room can be enough to make you feel like you are suffocating.

Thanks in advance! :thumbup: