Posts by pippopluto

I agree, I have not seen much discussion on this. Would be cool of you could see ALL of the FX in RM, but only have 4 selected at a time. So you could ignore the ones that dont change the main sound.

But the KPP is missing some of the effects themselves, so you cant really use a profile if it depends on certain things for tone. What happens in RM when you hit those pedals in a Rig?

The KPP should be thought of as an AMP PEDAL only? All of the other bells and whistles are extras? I would not put much money down for profiles that dial in a certain sound and rely on FX to do it.

As I got it, when the type of one effect on the original rig is not available in the Player, it gets substituted with one of the same type.

It might be appropriate if RM showed all the fx of the original rig, greying out the unavailable slots but allowing to drag them. This way, the user could at least decide what to use and what to discard.

As for the bells and whistles, I got that the Player is able to be upgraded via sw, so chances are that more options will be unlocked... let's wait and see :)

This is where looking at the manual helps.

I've read the manual, although I didn't strictly need to since as I wrote I don't own a Player. I couldn't find any explicit reference to the fact that unless you edit a rig with a previous version of the Profiler you lost any notion of a rig's original fx set; and, the RM screenshot on the manual show 4 fx slots only, hence my doubt and my question.

Weird that no-one finds this to be a critical point.

Yes - you can edit rigs with the Player. The feature set is limited compared to the larger units. But through the iOS/Android app or RM on Win/Mac - yes. You are able to edit rigs.

You do not need one of the bigger brothers to do so.

Well, I am starting to think I was not clear in the OP at all.

I'll try and rephrase my question.

I think that if you own the Player only and d/l a rig say from the RE (but from you computer as well), you will never be able to see all the 8 original fx. So you'll never know how it was made.

Is the above correct?

The Player can only bring up 2 fx before, and 2 fx after the amp. From an "original" Rig by the Rig Exchange with, let's say 4 fx before and 4 fx after the amp, the Player load's the first two Slots from this Rig, but only, If these fx are available in the Player. And Slot 3 & 4 will load in Delay and Reverb, also if these are available in the Player. If this is not the case, the Player will be load an empty block.

Not sure how to interpret your post. You've basically repeated what I wrote, and did not answer my question?

Happy new 2024 everyone :)

Maybe this is trivial, but not owning the Player it escapes me.

1. AFAICT RM's editor won't start when no device is connected.
    2. Early Player users tell me that when a Player is connected RM only shows the 4 available fx slots.
    3. Unless I am overlooking the obvious, this seems to imply that a Player user can never see a third-part rig (from the rig Exchange for example) as it was conceived, and can't for example decide which fx to sacrifice/select, since the Player will always import Stomps 1/2 and Effects 3/4 only.

What am I missing?

not even close to replace the bigger units if you play live.

Pretty sure this is has never been their intention. In fact, judging by the pics I am seeing around, the most enthusiast about the Player are the pedalboard people.
    Of course, considering the Player as a backup solution or as a second channel for a new 2-amp setup is a totally different scenario.

:)

They could have avoided a lot of negative vibe’s especially with a lower price for the Player only model

There things will never change, someone will complain and someone else will be extra-happy about any product. In 20+ years of attending gear-related forums I've never seen a product that did not get its share of criticism. Anyone new in Kemperland please go back to the threads about the original Profiler launch in the reference boards... they are laughable at the least if read today.

Apart from that (the Profiler was a revolutionary product after all), usually the categories are:

• too expensive for what it does, for x00 less it would sell like hot cakes
    • this is crap, it misses this and that functions, with which it would sell like hot cakes
    • can't understand this stupid form factor, had it been A x B it would sell like hot cakes
    • they have missed a great opportunity for creating the be all, end all device. Pity, it would have sold like hot cakes.

Usually, with such a statistic distribution, it means that a given product do sells like hot cakes.

:D

Ciao Roberto :)

There are two possible options ss of today I am aware of (and use).

One is to create consecutive lists of performances. For example perff. 1-35 = Band 1, 40-70 = Band 2 and so on.

The other one is to save different backups for different bands and restore the one I need that night.

Certainly not what you are asking, but hopefully inspirational :)

Yes it is nothing new and no one is whining, customers are just expressing their opinions. I don’t ever remember seeing anyone on this forum or any other gear site clamoring for digital content management with regards to Kemper.

Oh, you must have overlooked some discussions then... ;)
    We also have already had the notorious "deal breaker for me" :D

Have they said anything about changing their decades long business model of exemplary free support that predates the Kemper Profiler?!?

Or have they described a possible upgrade path to make the Player get close to full Profiler capabilities but cautioned doing that *in this case*would come with a cost due to obvious business concerns?

It's the latter

You can do as many as you want, just add more units.

This is an interesting idea, provided there's a way to digitally connect units (for latency) plus a way to place amps in parallel.

Maybe a future option for "building a modular Player system" ckemper? :) An option that might be worth exploring, specially for the US Market ;)

it seems kinda strange that you can have effects before and/or the stack, and that there is an effect loop for physical pedals, but there seems to be no algorythm to simulate using a Kemper effect in th effects loop

I am not sure I got your issue. You'd want to virtually insert a number of fx (chosen among the internal Kemper fx) in a loop?

If this is the case, I don't find it strange at all, since it would mean you are using more that 4 fx in an fx section. Nor I am aware of any device with fixed fx slot that allows the user to "congregate" more that an effect in a block.

This might well be a feature request tho X)

I am not yet on the new KAOS (busy performing, don't want to touch anything as of now) so could not experience things in person. But I've read from several, unrelated people that when they add a liquid tonestack to an existing profile the sound changes even before they touch any control.
    From reading the manual this should not be the case?

The Amp Model will not color the sound at all as long as the controls remain at their original position. But once the Gain or EQ controls are moved, they will change the sound exactly as they would on the original tube amp.

OTOH, a few lines before this, it also reads

The workaround for this is quite easy. Just name your stack section preset in a similar way than your effect section preset so that you know the two go together. I get that the extra 3 seconds it takes for loading 2 preset strips instead of one are an inconvenience to some, but there are so many other things to improve and features to be implemented, is this really the hill we want to die on?

Jed, mate... chill down :D
    This is the Feature Requests forum, not Hamburger Hill - The Return!

I am aware of how to use the Profiler and its current features. If you re-read the OP you'll see that most entries of my list relate to preset management from within RM.

I heavily rely or presets with my KPA, and it's sad to me to see how this powerful feature is poorly managed (even from the machine itself). One for all, AFAIK: you can create presets with a same name (which is bad, to clarify), no option to update, overwrite or delete one.
    Personally, I believe Kemper have just abandoned the concept after its initial implementation... which is a pity for me.

Just to be clear.. I'm not angry with You.. I just don't get why You'd prefer everything togheter.. please explain.

Well, I sure as hell hope not! :D

Just because it's practical, and helps you remember what goes with what.

Recalling one preset from the device doesn't just take one click, you have to select the section of interest and scroll through the presets. If Stomps' are separated from Effects' you

• will have to repeat the procedure
    • will have to recall which Effects preset would go with which Stomps preset in order to rebuild that specific "pedalboard".

As I wrote you can get the same result by saving a rig (maybe with no Stack section), then apply the Stack you intend. But IMO/IME this is a sub-optimal use of the concept of presets in the Profiler, which is very powerful although - again - quite poorly implemented IMO

You can no longer save the stomps/stack/effects sections on the head or rack. At one point, you could but they stayed on the unit.

Very doubtful they'll bring it back, but it'd be a nice option.

Holy sh*t you are right, I had not used the function during covid and apparently they did it "as a thief in the night"... wonder when. As for the why, it has probably been in order to allign the functions across the models... :/

yes, but why You need all 8 Togheter ?

I use the same Stomp group with 3 or 4 different Effects Group and more or less the contrary as well.

Why should I have to Save all the possible combinations (with specific names to remind them all) when I can chose just two times: 1 for Stomps + 1 for Effects.

Just To save You 1 Click ?? ( in RM )

I Agree with the Request! has been already requested befeore If I don't go wrong, but I don't see the Need of All 8 At the Same time.

Well, discussing a FR on the basis of something you don't need won't bring us anywhere ;D
    Anyway, you don't have to do anything :)

+1

even if I'm not sure I'd like all 8 at once: Stomps and Effects (4 and 4) both availables also Via Rig Manager Would be already cool enough.

Keep in mind that with the Stage you can't even save the Stomps or Effects groups as a single preset. Unlocking this feature in RM might be very useful to Stage users.