Effects presets

• I'd find very useful if it was possible to:

• Save the 8 effects slots all together as a single preset (I'd call that a pedalboard preset).
      Currently, we have to save a rig as a template for the task.
    • Recall Stomps section and Effects section presets from Rig Manager.
      Unless I've been missing something, I can't find them anywhere (in RM).
    • Recall pedalboard presets from within Rig Manager.
    • In fact, recall any kind of presets that the device allows to save, from within Rig Manager.

Thanks for your attention

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().

• +1. Many users uses a limited range of effects regularly. At the moment the only options are to use a template rig at described by Pippoplutu or to load individual effects presets then manually reassign all the footswitches on the remote. Virtual pedalboard presets including pedal assignments would be ideal but even presets plus the ability to assign footswitches via RM would be a reasonable solution. At the moment, the fact that we can’t assign footswitches via RM is a major shortcoming in my opinion.

• +1

even if I'm not sure I'd like all 8 at once: Stomps and Effects (4 and 4) both availables also Via Rig Manager Would be already cool enough.

Keep in mind that with the Stage you can't even save the Stomps or Effects groups as a single preset. Unlocking this feature in RM might be very useful to Stage users.

• Keep in mind that with the Stage you can't even save the Stomps or Effects groups as a single preset. Unlocking this feature in RM might be very useful to Stage users.

yes, but why You need all 8 Togheter ?

I use the same Stomp group with 3 or 4 different Effects Group and more or less the contrary as well.

Why should I have to Save all the possible combinations (with specific names to remind them all) when I can chose just two times: 1 for Stomps + 1 for Effects.

Just To save You 1 Click ?? ( in RM )

I Agree with the Request! has been already requested befeore If I don't go wrong, but I don't see the Need of All 8 At the Same time.

• You can no longer save the stomps/stack/effects sections on the head or rack. At one point, you could but they stayed on the unit.

Very doubtful they'll bring it back, but it'd be a nice option.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• yes, but why You need all 8 Togheter ?

I use the same Stomp group with 3 or 4 different Effects Group and more or less the contrary as well.

Why should I have to Save all the possible combinations (with specific names to remind them all) when I can chose just two times: 1 for Stomps + 1 for Effects.

Just To save You 1 Click ?? ( in RM )

I Agree with the Request! has been already requested befeore If I don't go wrong, but I don't see the Need of All 8 At the Same time.

Well, discussing a FR on the basis of something you don't need won't bring us anywhere ;D
    Anyway, you don't have to do anything :)

• You can no longer save the stomps/stack/effects sections on the head or rack. At one point, you could but they stayed on the unit.

Very doubtful they'll bring it back, but it'd be a nice option.

Holy sh*t you are right, I had not used the function during covid and apparently they did it "as a thief in the night"... wonder when. As for the why, it has probably been in order to allign the functions across the models... :/

• It was always a sort of ‘ghost’ feature, anyway.

I certainly agree that having the ability to save stomps, stacks and effects as preset groups would be cool.

The thing that was limiting when it was possible is I had to remember they were only available on the unit. Even if you could save them to RM, there was no mechanism to drag and drop the group.

• Saving and loading from the Stomps button is still working for me on a non-powered head. I'm using the latest 10.2.0.48484B and I just tried it to make sure they hadn't taken this out.

To save, press Stomps (or Effects) button, then Store, then Stomps Section (or Effects section). Enter a name and store it. To load, press Stomps or Effects then Browse knob to select.

Why Kemper felt the need to exclude this from Rig Manager and Stage is beyond me, but at least they didn't take it out of the OS.

• Well, discussing a FR on the basis of something you don't need won't bring us anywhere ;D
    Anyway, you don't have to do anything

What I don't need is all 8 in a singol preset.

What I'd like is RM interaction. Cheers.

I Still do not understand why You'd like 8 all togheter.

To me is like requesting to having Amp AND Cab in the same slot... why?

It's SO good like this a: Pre Fx section and a Post fx section.

Just to be clear.. I'm not angry with You.. I just don't get why You'd prefer everything togheter.. please explain.

• Saving and loading from the Stomps button is still working for me on a non-powered head. I'm using the latest 10.2.0.48484B and I just tried it to make sure they hadn't taken this out.

To save, press Stomps (or Effects) button, then Store, then Stomps Section (or Effects section). Enter a name and store it. To load, press Stomps or Effects then Browse knob to select.

Why Kemper felt the need to exclude this from Rig Manager and Stage is beyond me, but at least they didn't take it out of the OS.

*smacks forehead* - I was going about it the wrong way.

You are correct. You can still save Stomp/Stack/Effects by long-pressing, then store, then soft button 1 for saving that section.

• Anything you don’t see and can’t do in RM doesn’t exist for some people.

Well….there is a TON you can’t do in RM.

MIDI, Remote button assignment, the looper……etc.

• Just to be clear.. I'm not angry with You.. I just don't get why You'd prefer everything togheter.. please explain.

Well, I sure as hell hope not! :D

Just because it's practical, and helps you remember what goes with what.

Recalling one preset from the device doesn't just take one click, you have to select the section of interest and scroll through the presets. If Stomps' are separated from Effects' you

• will have to repeat the procedure
    • will have to recall which Effects preset would go with which Stomps preset in order to rebuild that specific "pedalboard".

As I wrote you can get the same result by saving a rig (maybe with no Stack section), then apply the Stack you intend. But IMO/IME this is a sub-optimal use of the concept of presets in the Profiler, which is very powerful although - again - quite poorly implemented IMO

• The workaround for this is quite easy. Just name your stack section preset in a similar way than your effect section preset so that you know the two go together. I get that the extra 3 seconds it takes for loading 2 preset strips instead of one are an inconvenience to some, but there are so many other things to improve and features to be implemented, is this really the hill we want to die on?

• The workaround for this is quite easy. Just name your stack section preset in a similar way than your effect section preset so that you know the two go together. I get that the extra 3 seconds it takes for loading 2 preset strips instead of one are an inconvenience to some, but there are so many other things to improve and features to be implemented, is this really the hill we want to die on?

Jed, mate... chill down :D
    This is the Feature Requests forum, not Hamburger Hill - The Return!

I am aware of how to use the Profiler and its current features. If you re-read the OP you'll see that most entries of my list relate to preset management from within RM.

I heavily rely or presets with my KPA, and it's sad to me to see how this powerful feature is poorly managed (even from the machine itself). One for all, AFAIK: you can create presets with a same name (which is bad, to clarify), no option to update, overwrite or delete one.
    Personally, I believe Kemper have just abandoned the concept after its initial implementation... which is a pity for me.