Broken Kemper

• Hi,
    So I bought a Kemper about 6 months ago from a friend of mine, who bought it from Thomann.
    It has since developed a fault where one of the green ring LED's is dead.
    I'm trying to get this repaired but Thomann need a customer number which I don't have, obviously.
    I contacted Kemper support and they have advised me to contact Thomann.
    All it needs is sending back to the repair shop and the front panel replacing, but it seems I have to go through a dealer, which is proving impossible.
    Anyone else having problems with repairs or support?
    Dave

• Just ask your friend to call Thomann. They are very cooperative with that. I had a similar case once and they got it all worked out.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Thanks guys!

I did contact Thomann and my friend sent me the original receipt from them but it's not practical to go that route, my friend lives on the other side of the country and it would have to be shipped via him.
    It's actually easier if I ship directly to the Kemper repairs and service, which is what I've been advised to do.
    They will most likely replace the entire front panel, which is good.
    The fault itself is pretty minor, but I'd sooner get it repaired under warranty while I can.

By the way for anyone thinking of buying second hand, you will need the original receipt, if you want it repaired under warranty.

• my friend lives on the other side of the country and it would have to be shipped via him.

You sure about that? I sold my lunchbox kemper (got the rack) and it broke down with the new user. I contacted Thomann and told them that I sold it to him and whether they can ship the replacemetn directly to him... it wasn't an issue at all? Maybe because I spend waaaay too much money at thomann ;( ?

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Well the thing was dispatched to the Kemper repair shop today. It's a minor fault that hopefully will result in a new front panel. In a way it's like having a new unit, so I'm reasonably happy. Support has been ok so far, I'll let you know how the repair proceeds from here. I am a little surprised that one of the LEDs blew after 18 months though. Anyone else had something like this happen?

• I own my lunchbox just 7 months now and there's already 1 LED gone at the Volume knob.
    I've been running my lunchbox with the LED Collars dimmed to 2.0 since day 1. It's amazing to see LEDs go south after such short period of time and I really don't like that at all. It doesn't give me a good impression on build quality or quality parts.

What makes me even more worried is the fact that I would have to send it somewhere and wait for weeks without a Profiler right beside me. I don't like that at all! And I don't even know if the replacement would have better LEDs or if I will have to send my Profiler to service every 6 months until I stop playing guitar or can't pay my electricity bills anymore.

• I've heard similar things about the Virus synths too, a friend of mine told me he's been through 3 of those, DSP's going, lights going etc. At the moment my Kemper has been signed for by http://www.synthesizerservice.de, which is where I was told to send the Kemper by Kemper support. I've sent a few emails to them seeking clarification on the repair and if they've received it ok but nothing back yet, which is ok - it's only been a day. I asked if they would replace the entire front panel, which I was told by Kemper support is what will most likely happen.

• Every single company with products, no matter in what price range, will have some returns because of different causes, it's unavoidable.
    Then it's good to know that many of these companies cover this under the years of warranty and always support their customers, just like kemper is doing.
    I've bought music gear for many years and I've always had good support from various companies.
    Then there are horror stories of bad companies with very bad support when something happens with their product.

• Just got an email from the Synthesizer Service Department (they are who Kemper use for repairs) saying it's been delivered to them no problem. No details on the fix or when I will get it back yet. Early days.

• I would appreciate a statement from Kemper staff, if they have fixed the "broken LED issue" in the latest Profilers and in replacement parts. I wouldn't like to send my lunchbox to service for maybe 1 month with the result that LEDs break again after 6 months or 1 year.

• Since I started this thread I got the Kemper back and it was working ok and all lights working. However since then there are now abut 10 of the green lights that are dead. I've read a lot of other people have had this problem. Shoddy.

• Since I started this thread I got the Kemper back and it was working ok and all lights working. However since then there are now abut 10 of the green lights that are dead. I've read a lot of other people have had this problem. Shoddy.

I bought Kemper from Thomann on 26-03-2012, so it's been over 3 years now. No dead LED. It seems that the faulty batch of Kepmer LEDS started somehow later.

Man that sucks!

Have you opened up a support ticket, describing this (including the fact that it has already been in for repair)? It's important that the company be made aware of this.

• I feel your pain. When one buys a new or mint condition item, it's expected to be in great working order to last for years. The reality is tho that it's not. The majority of KPA users have no issues and if some occur, it is actually dealt with quickly and professionally. Only a German company would give you such a long and inclusive warranty. I think that speaks volumes of commitment the company makes for its products and customers.

i had new cars, computers, guitars, amps, pedals etc fail and although a hassle easily repaired or replaced. Is it an inconvenience? Yes....is it a deal breaker? No... These things happen. A lot of companies rely on parts that are manufactured outside the company, so faulty parts or bad workmanship can happen.

Good luck and hopefully ou get your amp back quickly.