Can't get my profiles close enough

• Thanks for these words, Gianfranco! Unfortunately I haven't heard anything more from Kemper about this, and with some more updates out I can only assume that it's not a high priority for them to try and fix it.

• glad I found this, I had posted something similar in another thread ...been profiling my amp and I always notice a difference a bit in the chug part of the profile. you actually see it in the waveform also

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…mper%20v%20real%20amp.jpg at 42s is the real amp

here's the clip of that

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…75783/kpa%20vs%20real.wav You can hear the chug part of that riff has more low end real amp start as 12sec

not the best profile just threw up a mic to see

• I had a helluva time profiling the preamp of my Marshall 8100 via FX Send today. Had to re-profile about 5 times making little adjustments to both the amp controls and the pre-profiling controls.

In the end I was about 90% there and called it 'good enough'. Mids kept getting more narrow, like a strong Q in the cocked wah range with each refining process. And the whole sound stage was sounding like a mono/stereo button was being pressed.

I profiled a Friedman BE-100 and a Ibanez TBX150H preamps without a hitch prior to that today.

That Marshall is a tough nut to crack. I wouldn't say I was loosing low end like the OP was, but it was moving mids around in a changed/unnatural way.

• there is a very small number of amps that are hard to profile. the jmp-1 preamp being one of them (although some ppl have profiled it quite successfully). since the 8100 uses clipping diodes plus a tube to create it's distortion, maybe it's the same issue as with the jmp-1?

both aren't exactly tube amps. ;)

• The 8100 was my first Marshall when it came out in the early 90s. I still have it and i would say it has a very special sound that is very different from tube Marshalls. Nonetheless i had no problems with profiling that amp. The profile is very old but you can try it:

Tribute Rig to "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner

• The 8100 was my first Marshall when it came out in the early 90s. I still have it and i would say it has a very special sound that is very different from tube Marshalls. Nonetheless i had no problems with profiling that amp. The profile is very old but you can try it:

Tribute Rig to "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner

good to know. :)

it's not on the Rig Exchange, is it?
    I looked for a 8100 and only wakjob's came up.

• Hi!

Today, I've trying to profile my Fuchs ODS and that fat overdrive tone I love. I've successfully profiled clean and semi-clean tones in the past but every time I've tried to profile the amp's fat overdrive I've found the same difference in the low end, like the one described in this thread.

The result is not bad, but is mediocre compared to the real tone.

Saludos!

• that is very intersting, we have to bring up this thread again! Please give us some update/news Christoph Kemper!
    I cant check samples now...but did you u only add the eq in the x-slot or did you also try to add that eq after mic before returning back to the Kemper in profiling mode? Im curious what would happen... ;)

• that is very intersting, we have to bring up this thread again! Please give us some update/news Christoph Kemper!
    I cant check samples now...but did you u only add the eq in the x-slot or did you also try to add that eq after mic before returning back to the Kemper in profiling mode? Im curious what would happen... ;)

All eqing I did was in Cubase, not on the Kemper. Didn't try EQ on the way in, that may make a difference but I suspect that the Kemper would still kind of flatten it out.

• All eqing I did was in Cubase, not on the Kemper. Didn't try EQ on the way in, that may make a difference but I suspect that the Kemper would still kind of flatten it out.

I did some silent profiling with a Two Notes Torpedo today and no matter what I do to refine, part of the low end was missing so I tried to compensate between the amp and the profiler and some low end came back.

If you are interested in the silent profiling results, there is a thread about it in the Rig Exchange forum section.