Profiles with 1 vote, 5 stars

• This may have been addressed somewhere along the line, I can't be the only one that gets annoyed by this. Someone will post 3 or 10 profiles, each of which have 1 vote at 5 stars each. It is very unlikely, practically impossible that 10 newly posted profiles are rated immediately after being posted. It would appear that the post-er either has 2 Kemper ID's or a friend that jacks the ratings. Why? If the profile sounds good it will get adequate attention. If it doesn't, so be it. One persons "Holy Grail" tone might be something that 10 other people would never use. This is the beauty of the profiler, variety. To post a 5 star rating on your own profile reaches a level of douche-baggery that can only be described as total douche bag. So please, whoever is rating your own profiles, get with the program and stop being a douche bag. :thumbup:

• That happened to me one time, I posted a few profiles and before I knew it someone voted 5 stars for each profile.

That's a good thing Tim, obviously your profiles are worthy of praise and would not fall into this category. Everyone that checks out the rig exchange with regularity knows the situation I am speaking of. :thumbup:

• Thanks guys. I thought you needed a serial number to create an account for the exchange, I just tested that theory and I was wrong. It might help if Kemper would require a serial number just like they do for the private section of the forum. Maybe they could also show who voted for each profile. Either way, I can see your frustration, if this is truly happening it would be a shame.

• Can't see the problem. Do you really care about other user's rating of rigs? I recognized that the needs of every guitarero outthere won't fit each other, just download the profile if it's source is of interest for you and see for yourself. The user ratings can only be a hint (i. e. 7 voters and one star at all won't probably be a really good profile). Anyway I'm interested in a rig-listing on the RE that's presenting more informations bout the profiles - but therefore there's another thread on this forum..

That happened to me one time, I posted a few profiles and before I knew it someone voted 5 stars for each profile.

Same here. It was early in in the Rig Exchange history so there weren't as many profiles. Someone 5 starred mine...saw it when I went back to edit the tags.

bd

• That happened to me one time, I posted a few profiles and before I knew it someone voted 5 stars for each profile.

It happened to me too, only not right away. Maybe a day or two later. And, so far, those are the only ratings for that group. I typically create a thread for new profiles I post to describe them better than can be done on the Rig Exchange, and I always conclude with a request to please rate the profiles if you try them.

One thing to keep in mind is that, if you download any 1-vote 5-star rigs and you don't think they are worthy of 5-stars, all you have to do is go back to the Rig Exchange, look the rigs up, and add YOUR ratings. That will be the end of the 1-vote 5-star rating! ;)

• To post a 5 star rating on your own profile reaches a level of douche-baggery that can only be described as total douche bag. So please, whoever is rating your own profiles, get with the program and stop being a douche bag.

There are profiles with one vote and 5 starts from many users... Probably someone is rating the profiles following different criteria than yours. Just ignore the ratings and try the profiles or read the corresponding thread in the forums when there is one. Sometimes, there is a demo of the profile.

Saludos!

• This may have been addressed somewhere along the line, I can't be the only one that gets annoyed by this. Someone will post 3 or 10 profiles, each of which have 1 vote at 5 stars each. It is very unlikely, practically impossible that 10 newly posted profiles are rated immediately after being posted. It would appear that the post-er either has 2 Kemper ID's or a friend that jacks the ratings. Why? If the profile sounds good it will get adequate attention. If it doesn't, so be it. One persons "Holy Grail" tone might be something that 10 other people would never use. This is the beauty of the profiler, variety. To post a 5 star rating on your own profile reaches a level of douche-baggery that can only be described as total douche bag. So please, whoever is rating your own profiles, get with the program and stop being a douche bag. :thumbup:

?( So you choose profiles based on others opinions...?

• I actually noticed the opposite is true too often: 1 vote 1 star. Looking through 100s of profiles, the eye tends to skip past these rigs. One day I downloaded a bunch and realized that the 1vote 1star was so off base... a nice clean profile can be debated how good it is, but to go out of your way and blast a 1 star is nothing other than dysfunctional malicious crap.

• I actually noticed the opposite is true too often: 1 vote 1 star. Looking through 100s of profiles, the eye tends to skip past these rigs. One day I downloaded a bunch and realized that the 1vote 1star was so off base... a nice clean profile can be debated how good it is, but to go out of your way and blast a 1 star is nothing other than dysfunctional malicious crap.

Yes. I got one star one minute after uploading two of my Fuchs ODS profiles... Now, those profiles have 13 votes and 4.5 stars. Just one vote means nothing.

I only use 4 and 5 starts ratings. If I like a profile, I rate it with 4 or 5 starts. If I don't like a profile, I don't rate it.

I agree Hank. If a profile is not to my liking I won't go and undercut it for the reason that it might be gold for someone else. I try a lot more profiles than I rate, my lack of rating being more of a time management issue than anything else. I usually download and test by manufacturer that I am interested in and also by unique amps that you don't come across every day. I may have been a bit harsh in my original post but it was a full moon, I think the gist of the point is valid. I am grateful for the rig exchange and the variety that we have access to. But, yes, the malicious crap is the kind of stuff that bothers me. Trying to inflate or undercut a rating would not seem appropriate for the amount of creative minds that indulge in the Kemper technology.

• Yes. I got one star one minute after uploading two of my Fuchs ODS profiles... Now, those profiles have 13 votes and 4.5 stars. Just one vote means nothing.

I only use 4 and 5 starts ratings. If I like a profile, I rate it with 4 or 5 starts. If I don't like a profile, I don't rate it.

I agree with your rating philosophy Paco. Sometimes a profile does not fit my tastes but it is not necessarily a bad profile. If I post a rating it is def on the positive side of the scale.