KPA Firmware 2.1

• quite possibly. some folks here were claiming that aspect an improvement on the clean sounds, other people feel its had a negative impact

• the thing that everytime makes me crazy is the Clean Sens and the Distortion tuning ! i always prefer scientific aproach on tuning this kind of important thing, , but all the time i read, "just use your ears" , hehe . I read here on the forum the difference between v.1.5 and 2.01 , so test it on my 2.01 , as i had Distortion Sense on 0 , i improved the gain to +2.4, i tested with some clean profile, and it had more gain :S , was more in your face . I tried then with a distortion profile , and it had more guts , putted the distortion sense back to 0 , and changed the gain on the front , more or less to equal the gain i had before on the distortion sense +2.4, and it didnt sound the same . So there are still some mistical stuff on these two parameters , that anywhere on forum i can find a proper explanation and instructions how to proper tune these parameters . I read on the forum by CK himself, that changing the Distortion sense would be the same as changing the Gain in the front the kemper , but it doesnt sound the same .
    :pinch:

• With all these reports from people saying it sounds different after the update, I really don't get why nobody actually performs a test to give Kemper a better clue of what they're talking about. Run a DI through a rig in 2.01, run the same DI with 2.1, post results.

Personally I'm waiting with the update since 2.01 is working ok right now and I don't want to take any risks at the moment; otherwise I would have ran a test myself (and the ones that followed my "can't get my profiles close enough" thread know I would, hehe). But I think it would be very helpful for the whole Kemper community with some tests to try to narrow things down!

• the thing that everytime makes me crazy is the Clean Sens and the Distortion tuning ! i always prefer scientific aproach on tuning this kind of important thing, , but all the time i read, "just use your ears" , hehe . I read here on the forum the difference between v.1.5 and 2.01 , so test it on my 2.01 , as i had Distortion Sense on 0 , i improved the gain to +2.4, i tested with some clean profile, and it had more gain :S , was more in your face . I tried then with a distortion profile , and it had more guts , putted the distortion sense back to 0 , and changed the gain on the front , more or less to equal the gain i had before on the distortion sense +2.4, and it didnt sound the same . So there are still some mistical stuff on these two parameters , that anywhere on forum i can find a proper explanation and instructions how to proper tune these parameters . I read on the forum by CK himself, that changing the Distortion sense would be the same as changing the Gain in the front the kemper , but it doesnt sound the same .

This is how i feel about the clean and distortion sense it still confuses me a bit ?(

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You know whats funny.. I didn't even do an upgrade and I thought the clean sense seemed to be working better :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• With all these reports from people saying it sounds different after the update, I really don't get why nobody actually performs a test to give Kemper a better clue of what they're talking about. Run a DI through a rig in 2.01, run the same DI with 2.1, post results.

I did a test in another thread 1.5 vs 2.1. You had to adjust the distortion sense to > +2.0 to get the same gain as 1.5 with 2.1. Reamping through spdif everything at the same level. Once adjusted, the sound quality was the same IMO.

• We are testing this. There is an issue with gain. Be a little patience, and thanks for helping!

this is what we are doing : we are helping and we are patient ! :D
    what else we suppose to do, when all updates and KPA improvements are actually free of charge ?? :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• maybe because your gain stuffs had too much gain before 2.1.0 ????? ....obviously now it comes to normal :D :D :D :thumbup:

'You what's strange, and I hate to say this 'cause I can't prove it, I actually think my gain stuff sounds BETTER! :D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• We have found it.
    It is a simple drop in input volume and thus gain, when no expression pedal is connected as a volume pedal.
    The volume drop is exactly compensated by putting distortion sense to 2.2, as many of you have stated.

We'll have a new beta ready soon!

Thanks!
    CK

These parameters should be used the way it is described in the manual. Not more, not less.
    It is not crucial to tune Clean Sense, unless you running the input with red led (potential clipping) with a very hot guitar.
    Distorted Sense is just an add-on.

It is often stated by users that those parameters need to be properly tuned for an optimum sound experience. This is not true and has never been stated by us.

The Distorted Sense parameter is causing the same effect like changing the gain, but in a different depth, as it easily can be heard.

For the scientific approach: the gain spans by 80 dB, the Distorted Sense by -12 to 12 dB.
    Thus increasing Gain by 1.0 is equal to an increase of Distorted Sense by 3.33.
    That is 8 dB.

• We have found it.
    It is a simple drop in input volume and thus gain, when no expression pedal is connected as a volume pedal.
    The volume drop is exactly compensated by putting distortion sense to 2.2, as many of you have stated.

Thanks!
    CK

Now is this great support of what? Love this company. :thumbup:

• Mr. Kemper , Thanks for your clear explanation . to my doubts contributed the litle differences in the updates and reading user coments on Clean Sens/Distortion sense with their different opinions .
    Thanks a lot for the attention you put into this marvellous product that is the Kemper Profiling Amp :) i get satisfied a litle more everyday .

cheers :thumbup:

• We have found it.

Thanks!
    CK

Big Thanks Mr. kemper :thumbup: !! as the new firmware update was released today ! Really fast work on your part !!