It miss the air

• The KPA is fantastic when capturing a profile it is able to remove the static noises into the profile and it sounds better than your microphone but it kills air too.
    The microphone's sound has air, the profile has not...
    How to reproduce this?
    Using a room reverb helps a little bit of course but it still miss something in the high end to be able to reproduce the exact sound of the microphone.
    Any idea?

• Do you connect the mic directly to the KPA or via a micpre?

E.g. my R121 sounds not good at all when connected directly into the KPA.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The KPA is fantastic when capturing a profile it is able to remove the static noises into the profile and it sounds better than your microphone but it kills air too.
    How to reproduce this?
    Using a room reverb helps a little bit of course but it still miss something in the high end to be able to reproduce the exact sound of the microphone.
    Any idea?

Get yourself an original Line 6 Pod 1, at the back it has a little black switch, turn that switch to "AIR Mode". :)

How to reproduce this?
    Any idea?

Throw a little slapback delay along with just a little reverb, and you can capture the feeling of a speaker moving in a room.

After many years of playing, I'm now actually trying to get away from that sound. I find the direct, Kemper style recordings to mix much better with the band.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• You miss the air with the kemper? You should hear the Axefx (I or II) in any firmware version. Lifeless. The KPA captures more air than any other digital solution to guitar tone. If you find something better, do tell. ;)

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

How to reproduce this?
    Any idea?

Mba,
    As a long time member on this forum, you have shared quite a number of exceptional philosophies here. I appreciate that.
    Still we are missing the foundation. Where is the A/B clip showing the missing air?

I was present at many profiling sessions and extensive A/B comparison. Every profile had the air just as the original.
    Even if it does not comply with our intincts, it does not need to capture the room responce for profiling the air.

All interactions of a cabinet in the room are captured in the profile.
    Ask me, if you need more technical details.

• You might need one of these... :P

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

• With the Scuffham S-Gear plugin the "air" is quite prominent and makes it sound so good. Blows a lot of KPA profiles out of the water ... I was really surprised. Try it out.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• Maybe they mean the "noise" you get with silence on a microphone of the rooms background noise (washer in the other room, cockroaches snoring, etc)

One, turn the Noise Gate off.

Two, I can't remember exactly, but I may be able to find it, but someone did a profile 2 months ago that had that exactly. Sounded like a live mic when you weren't playing. Just awesome, probably don't know how he did it either.

• With the Scuffham S-Gear plugin the "air" is quite prominent and makes it sound so good. Blows a lot of KPA profiles out of the water ... I was really surprised. Try it out.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Really? I had the complete opposite experience and response. I found Scuffam to sound and feel horribly synthetic very early pod like, the worst part was the cab/IR's which to me always give that DI through an EQ sound, no air at all. It's probably the best of the software plugins, but I can't say I was impressed.