two kemper powerhead with dead leds............

• And there isn´t response of the people of kemper,i think that errors must be recognized,and in this case..... think that is hard to me get 2049 euros for an amp,and I would like an explanation at least for the time I'm losing

I agree. The Kemper support is obviously incredible from the amount of posts CK makes on this forum, no-one can deny that. But at some point in the chain whether by an error in the design, a dodgy batch of LED's or something else there is a problem here. I accept there are failures in everything and providing the ratio of failures is acceptable then there is no real issue, but we can't judge that because we have no idea how many units are going out and how many cases of LED's going bad there have been. All we can judge the issue on is how many people have complained about the LED problem, and how many of those have had fixes only for it to happen again, and how quiet the Kemper team have been on the issue. And to me this is enough to hold off until the issue is at least acknowledged and being dealt with.

• All we can judge the issue on is how many people have complained about the LED problem, and how many of those have had fixes only for it to happen again, and how quiet the Kemper team have been on the issue.

The actual LED problem has been identified quite some time ago (2012 IIRC). It was a small batch of components that could lead to failing LEDs (exchanging LEDs didn't help), but now it is completely analyzed and can be repaired.
    To get it repaired, you need to send it to a support center, where it will be fixed. Contact your dealer or Kemper Support.

Timo

• The actual LED problem has been identified quite some time ago (2012 IIRC). It was a small batch of components that could lead to failing LEDs (exchanging LEDs didn't help), but now it is completely analyzed and can be repaired.
    To get it repaired, you need to send it to a support center, where it will be fixed. Contact your dealer or Kemper Support.

Timo

That's all good, but people seem to still be receiving units with dodgy LED's.

As all the retailers seem to have estimated delivery dates it would indicate they are awaiting stock from the KPA distributors I can't imagine these units are old ones from before the problem was identified - the problem appears to still be there on the bang up to date units, which is worrying.

It's great customer service from Kemper for fixing the units where LED's have stopped working, but if I'm basing my live rig on the KPA I don't want to be returning it to Germany to have LED's fixed, but at the same time don't want to be stuck with £1800 worth of powerhead which isn't working 100%.

• when i received my first unit with dead led,i contact with kemper support,and they said me that contact with thomann to change.
    Thomann support is perfect,and they going to send me the third unit....
    I think that kemper know what is the hardware problem,but the problem appears in new units,so the problem isn´t resolve.

And this problem for people that need and amp is a BIG PROBLEM.Yes they change the dead leds,but we spend a lot of time with this problem.

Yes,Kemper has a good support,but the new units with dead leds???????????What quality control is in this case????

I´m waiting the third unit,sure the good one :cursing:

• Here's an update on this issue:

The dead LED issue has touched only a handfull units out of thousands of units delivered.
    We have done some statistics recently. No single unit produced in 2013 has showed this problem.

Unfortunately it seems that a number of units from 2012 were sold this year by some dealers, probably caused by a "first in last out" warehouse management.
    We are sorry for that.

• Here's an update on this issue:

The dead LED issue has touched only a handfull units out of thousands of units delivered.
    We have done some statistics recently. No single unit produced in 2013 has showed this problem.

Unfortunately it seems that a number of units from 2012 were sold this year by some dealers, probably caused by a "first in last out" warehouse management.
    We are sorry for that.

Super-cool! I think/hope I have a 2013 model! :thumbup:

• Thanks for commenting and providing that info CK.

I must have had one of the 2012 ones (bought in July 2012). I bought mine online from Guitarguitar here in the UK.

About 11 of my LED's have now gone. What procedure should I follow to get the unit repaired? (I'm worried that contacting an online dealer over a year after purchase might be an issue)?

• I received my "Toaster" back today after Warranty "bad led" repair here in the U.S. Pickup and delivery was all provided by Kemper, and all seems well. I had posted on this thread when I sent it out and had promised to post again when returned to provide some info for any other users needing this service.

It was picked up at my house first week in October, and was delivered back this morning. UPS showed it was received in Dallas, Tx ( Audio Electronics Dallas), on Oct 7, and was shipped back on Oct 24, which isn't too bad.

Very professional service, no one would ever be able to tell it had been opened or serviced. All LEDS are operational. First thing I did was perform the update that was released while it was away, and it's all as good as new.

• The actual LED problem has been identified quite some time ago (2012 IIRC). It was a small batch of components that could lead to failing LEDs (exchanging LEDs didn't help), but now it is completely analyzed and can be repaired.

Timo

This!
    I have send mine back and it was replaced after 3 days.
    Thx to the service guys again!