My amp doesn't leave the loading screen... what am I doing wrong?

• When I start up the amp there's the big "KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER" text and then the loading bar starts down below, but then nothing happens when the bar fills up. I've tried connecting everything and pressing buttons and nothing happens. Do I have a defective item or am I missing something?

• Just checking - did you update the firmware, or at least reinstall the current firmware?

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Like I said, this is my first time trying to turn it on. It's a brand new unit. I haven't been able to do anything to it because the only thing it's done so far is show a loading screen.

• Like I said, this is my first time trying to turn it on. It's a brand new unit. I haven't been able to do anything to it because the only thing it's done so far is show a loading screen.

It does sound like it arrived damaged. I'd look to exchange it.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Try (worked in the 1.x days, dunno if that menu is still available with the newer firmwares):

Erase the internal flash memory
    Note: ALL the rigs will be erased during this procedure!! ( credit to billruppert)

Switch the main knob to off
    Hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD
    while still holding this key - switch KPA to tuner
    Maintenance Module will be started
    In the 'Maintenance' menu goto 'Memory'
    Use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash
    Check if the KPA works (booting, tuner)
    Check all the KPA settings

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Boy, I'm glad my Kemper worked out of the box. I haven't uploaded with the latest firmware and was wondering whether I should. Sounds killer.

Other than mDan's solution, I've heard that an incorrect update could sometimes cause the Kemper not to load, in which case, you should run the update again. There's a way to do that, some of the more knowledgeable guys will have the answer of the top of their heads, or you could just do a search through the forums.

• This is what support told me to do. It doesn't start in maintenance mode unfortunately. It just boots to the loading screen again