My Name is David and I have an AXE FX II

• ... but I also just got a Kemper and can't wait for it to arrive! I am not one of this this vs. that guys, and I am excited to add another very cool tool to my arsenal! Looking forward to using it soon. Looks like I have an ETA for Friday, then I will be off the grid romancing my new KPA for a few weeks. I just wanted to drop in and say hello as I am sure I will need help with some things when I get it. I have a ton of amps and sounds that I like that I really want for gigging, so this gives me the option of bringing MY EVH III setup, MY '66 Fender Deluxe Reverb, and MY Peavey 3120 sound, so I am pretty excited.

Dave

• Welcome, Dave! Congratz on joining the Kemper experience. I've had both units at the same time, and will buy another AXE II soon. I simply like what both bring to the table. I bet you will too! Enjoy!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• haha yeah well once i get used to this thing I can do that for you guys. I have them in the same rack right now. I am getting to know the kemper now. Way easier to get around in it! Thanks everyone!

• ... but I also just got a Kemper and can't wait for it to arrive! I am not one of this this vs. that guys, and I am excited to add another very cool tool to my arsenal! Looking forward to using it soon. Looks like I have an ETA for Friday, then I will be off the grid romancing my new KPA for a few weeks. I just wanted to drop in and say hello as I am sure I will need help with some things when I get it. I have a ton of amps and sounds that I like that I really want for gigging, so this gives me the option of bringing MY EVH III setup, MY '66 Fender Deluxe Reverb, and MY Peavey 3120 sound, so I am pretty excited.

Dave

I use the Kemper, but I have friends who want to know the difference so being biast one way or the other is useful :) so please share your stories..

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I use the Kemper, but I have friends who want to know the difference so being biast one way or the other is useful :) so please share your stories..

I have had my AxeFx2 for 2 years, just got the KPA 2 weeks ago, I was looking for better models of low gain clean to slightly saturating tones, here's my review:

For my cleaner, plainer amp sounds, I have only ever found/tweaked a few clean patches I really liked on the AF2, and nothing that every felt/sounded much like my favourites: my Dc30 or Ceriatone BM (John Mayer Type Dumble clone)
    Straight away, on day one, from the free shared KPA patch database, I have patches that are close enough to these 2 for me to enjoy. Certainly at present, the simpler cleaner patches with a lot of amp feel that I often use are more plentiful on this KPA

I have not been too impressed with the metal/rock sounds on the KPA so far (although to be fair - I was not searching for them, so there may be some better ones available), and the FX are a bit fiddly from the control panel (although that is compared to the main controls - still easier than the AF2 I suppose). Having the dedicated Bass/mid/treble/presence is such a pleasant change, along with the input gain and volume controls

I suspect the amp sounds I want are in the AF2, but most owners seem focussed on heavier sounds, and I haven't yet pulled the sounds I need from it, whereas as I said - the sounds I was missing were available on day 1 with the KPA

Other observations: KPA is not as heavy or solid as the AF2. Who cares though, it lives in a rack
    KPA has no fan - what a relief
    KPA does not try to blow your speakers when you power off if you forget to mute it first
    AF2 FX are way better, editor better, routing etc
    KPA deals with different guitars & pickups better (clean sense, input gain knob etc)

My conclusion: choosing between the AF2 and KPA is like saying "you can only have one of a strat or a Les Paul or a 335" - they are all pro instruments (and I do believe that top amps, AF2 and KPA are instruments) that cover different needs, and I will be keeping both. I have too many valve amps already, and selling one that I rarely used bought me the KPA and 2 new guitars

• Welcome!

I have not been too impressed with the metal/rock sounds on the KPA so far (although to be fair - I was not searching for them, so there may be some better ones available)

Try out the Lammert pack you can download from the Rig Packs section on the main site. Also look around the free profiles forum, most of the good ones have large threads around them (and most of them are hosted somewhere else than the rig exchange). :)

• Welcome!
    Try out the Lammert pack you can download from the Rig Packs section on the main site. Also look around the free profiles forum, most of the good ones have large threads around them (and most of them are hosted somewhere else than the rig exchange). :)

thanks, I am downloading it now