Need U2 where the streets have no name profile

• Sadly we can't replicate the delay exactly due to limitations of the Profiler's delays.
    But we can get close of course. Now you got 2 nice rigs based on the same amp with very similar delay setup. If you like to try, just lock the Delay slot and then load the VSP AC30 60th Clean rig from the free Vintage Sound Project pack that has been released by Kemper recently. Very nice tone as well.

Cheers,
    Martin

Sadly we can't replicate the delay exactly due to limitations of the Profiler's delays.
    But we can get close of course. Now you got 2 nice rigs based on the same amp with very similar delay setup. If you like to try, just lock the Delay slot and then load the VSP AC30 60th Clean rig from the free Vintage Sound Project pack that has been released by Kemper recently. Very nice tone as well.

Cheers,
    Martin

So if we could have a delay in the A,B,C,D slots would we get it exactly ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• So if we could have a delay in the A,B,C,D slots would we get it exactly ?????

I don't think so, because we do need parallel delays, not serial. We do have parallel delays in the Tap Delay, but we can't adjust by milliseconds and we're always dependent on the awkward tap tempo. I would prefer a delay where we can set everything in physical values and I would prefer a parallel (left/right) delay that has an option to get mixed back to center after the individual delays have been applied. But that's whining on high level and I'm not sure if CK would like to do that. :)

I don't think so, because we do need parallel delays, not serial. We do have parallel delays in the Tap Delay, but we can't adjust by milliseconds and we're always dependent on the awkward tap tempo. I would prefer a delay where we can set everything in physical values and I would prefer a parallel (left/right) delay that has an option to get mixed back to center after the individual delays have been applied. But that's whining on high level and I'm not sure if CK would like to do that. :)

That sounds complicated lol. Must say I've never been an effect kind of guy especially as deep thinking as that. But I do love some of the edges tones and delays it makes what he's playing sound alot harder than it is :)

• That sounds complicated lol.

It's not so complicated. You just don't want to apply another delay on an already delayed signal (iow: you don't want to echo the echoes). Instead you want to apply 2 independent echoes mixed. And these independent echoes (delays) shouldn't be restricted to this horrible n/16th system. Milliseconds are much more convenient and flexible. :)

It's not so complicated. You just don't want to apply another delay on an already delayed signal (iow: you don't want to echo the echoes). Instead you want to apply 2 independent echoes mixed. And these independent echoes (delays) shouldn't be restricted to this horrible n/16th system. Milliseconds are much more convenient and flexible. :)

I think I've got ya. Maybe CK will help out here :)

• It's not so complicated. You just don't want to apply another delay on an already delayed signal (iow: you don't want to echo the echoes). Instead you want to apply 2 independent echoes mixed. And these independent echoes (delays) shouldn't be restricted to this horrible n/16th system. Milliseconds are much more convenient and flexible. :)

Yes, I think exactly the same, 2 delay in milliseconds completely freely assignable, and that's it; with serial/parallel switch, it should be perfect :rolleyes:

• It's not so complicated. You just don't want to apply another delay on an already delayed signal (iow: you don't want to echo the echoes). Instead you want to apply 2 independent echoes mixed. And these independent echoes (delays) shouldn't be restricted to this horrible n/16th system. Milliseconds are much more convenient and flexible. :)

I might be missing the obvious here but since we are talking about rhythmic (U2-) delays, what's convenient about milliseconds? For that application milliseconds are a major pain in the ass and "tap tempo" is a live saver. I hated working with translation charts back in the day when you needed pocket calculator for the actual ms value for a given tempo and note value.

Now for slapback delay that's a completely different thing and I prefer milliseconds too. But for U2-delays? No fucking way I'm gonna deal with ms ever again ;)

• I might be missing the obvious here but since we are talking about rhythmic (U2-) delays, what's convenient about milliseconds?

It's convenient if you need to apply a 3/16th AND a 9/32th delay (as in the song we're talking about) and just don't have the latter as an option. ;)
    It's always better to have milliseconds as an option, not just 13 fixed presets. Rhythmic delay isn't always restricted to the obvious preset settings. And regarding U2 (The Edge) delays, the delay in this song isn't a stereo delay. Currently we can't achieve that on the Profiler, sadly.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Maybe someone should just add an option to dial in milliseconds instead of a few extra presets. And while we're at it ... how about a Tempo display with a knob assigned to dial the bpm in Tuner Mode? I know it's in the Rig menu on page 2/3 but I would prefer a more direct way to dial it in.

Sorry btw for hijacking this thread a bit, but I think it's still related to The Edge's delays and the shortcomings of the Profiler in this regard.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Definitely +1 for the ms option as a supplementary tool.

Presets are very useful but I can't wrap my head around not being able to achieve a sound with this monster even tho I've got the tools :/

• I dream to have real dual delay like the one I had from Boss: 2 completely indipendent delays serial/parallel option, each with his own mix, volume, feedback, time in ms, pan and bandwidth...

I have to say... as probably some of you already knows that I already achieved great sounds with the KPA for U2, Pink Floyd and others stuff, but at least in 10 songs I made approximation of delay settings. Last week for example I made a sound for an Andy Timmons song where he uses 2 different delays pedals for left and right...
    My 'Where the street' rig version is very very satisfying, even if it's not perfect ... and it was the first time I achieve such great sound with a digital machine...

Once said this, I'm sure the KPA team will improve this area, it's just a matter of time, and we will be still more happy than now!!!
    Last thing I want to say is that even if I have the opportunity to add other delay after the KPA, I'm using only it's internal one... the quality of the sound is soooo good and I don't want to carry other stuff against semplicity...

• I added one to the exchange based on my AC15 amp. As usual you will have to play with it a bit to get it to your liking and to match your rig. I also put a Bad preset out there.