Rig Manager Suggestions

• I love the new rig manager, but here are some suggestions that I think would make for a more fluid workflow.

1. Allow column drag & drop reordering.
    2. Allow multi-key jump, i.e. start typing in a name and it should jump to that name rather than just using a single letter. This is different from the search filter.
    3. Show/Highlight the active rig on the Kemper (and add a * next to it's name if it's been edited and is different from the local offline version.
    4. Duplicate command. Should just duplicate the rig with an incremented number after the name.
    5. Show which rigs are currently uploaded on the Kemper from within the "Local Library" folder (and maybe even Rig Exchange), ideally give them a checkbox that you can uncheck to unload them.
    6. Horizontal Split in the list (or the ability to open two rig manager windows at once) in order to compare rigs.
    7. Detection of profiling mode. Create a special "Current Profile" rig that's selected when the profiler enters profiling mode so you can use the Rig Manager's Inspector to enter the rig name etc without having to use the Kemper front panel controls. Ideally allowing you to store a copy at the current state from the rig manager, so you could then continue to refine and save out more variations at different refining levels.

• Overall excellent addition and thank you. It would be helpful to be able to add or delete speaker cab IR profiles with the new rig manager connected to the Kemper via USB connection. It is cumbersome to delete profiles one by one in the Kemper. A third party utility (Total Commander) can be used to edit the Kemper backup. However if a 3rd party utility is used to delete the unwanted IR speaker cab profiles from the Kemper backup on a computer the Kemper must also be updated after the edit which is time consuming. Unless there is another way deleting speaker cab IR's this process can be a little frustrating especially on a tight schedule. Is there a way to incorporate this ability into the rig manager?

• I love the new rig manager, but here are some suggestions that I think would make for a more fluid workflow.

5. Show which rigs are currently uploaded on the Kemper from within the "Local Library" folder (and maybe even Rig Exchange), ideally give them a checkbox that you can uncheck to unload them.
    6. Horizontal Split in the list (or the ability to open two rig manager windows at once) in order to compare rigs.

Good suggestions.

5. Location 'All Rigs' shows a column that shows where the rig is located: Profiler, RE, ... Checkbox to load unload is a good idea, maybe in conjunction with a dedicated 'Sync' button.
    6. Doubleclick on a location/folder opens a second/third... window.

• Good suggestions.

5. Location 'All Rigs' shows a column that shows where the rig is located: Profiler, RE, ... Checkbox to load unload is a good idea, maybe in conjunction with a dedicated 'Sync' button.
    6. Doubleclick on a location/folder opens a second/third... window.

Ah, good to know about 6, on 5 it's a different thing though to the location strip, I want to know what's on my Kemper already from the Local and Exchange areas at a glance, so really highlighted clearly to stand out, and also so I can skip what I've already got (and see what else is in the neighborhood depending on the sorting).

• Hi,

Waiting for this feature to be implemented, here is some kind of workaround ( in browse mode)

if you already performed some midi assignments, at the root of a backup, you should find a file "MIdiAssignments.xml
    You can edit it, change program numbers.

It is an xml file, and thus can be edited, the lines look the following one :

<slot num="7" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/Fischers Sold 100 - 2011-10-07 17-03-42.kipr</slot>

Here "7" is the program number, and "Fischers Sold 100 - 2011-10-07 17-03-42.kipr" is the associated rig.

So if XX is the midi program number and YY is the rig file name you can add the following line in this file :

<slot num="XX" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/YY.kipr</slot>

I noticed that when restoring the factory rigs , such a file is created, it can be used as a starting point.

I personally have several files like this one (rock.xml, heavy.xml, clean.xml, crunch.xml) . When i want for instance all my rock rigs, i copy rock.xml as midiassignments.xml , then i restore the backup and as a results, i find my rock rigs having the midi program number defined like in rock.xml

It would be cool from the rig manager to be able to create such files and to upload them to the kpa and then being able to choose
    One of them from the kpa to be the midiassignments.xml file

Laurent

Edited 3 times, last by GuyTarero ().