Great solo tone

• I'm VERY happy with my Kemper, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me find a solo tone that I'm happy with. All I've tried sound too thin and plonky. I even tried a couple of Slash profiles. Personally I actually had better luck with Guitar Rig 5 when it comes to solo sounds for some reason. Maybe it's because the Kemper sounds are unprocessesed sort of?

• I am on the total opposite side here.
    I have tried many modelers including Guitar Rig 5, Amplitube, ReValver, Line 6 POD 2.0 and PODxt.
    Using these modelers I hardly could find any sound which were close to the feel of playing next to a tube amp.
    I often play a Fuchs Overdrive Supreme SLX50. This is a really good sounding amp.
    The Kemper somehow is the first modeler for me that comes very close to that feel from a tube amp and then it is very versatile.
    The best thing I like about the Kemper is that I can get very good sounding profiles without having to tweak for hours.

Btw, I mostly use profiles from the Amp Factory (by And44), These are great sounding profiles..

TF

• I'm VERY happy with my Kemper, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me find a solo tone that I'm happy with. All I've tried sound too thin and plonky. I even tried a couple of Slash profiles. Personally I actually had better luck with Guitar Rig 5 when it comes to solo sounds for some reason. Maybe it's because the Kemper sounds are unprocessesed sort of?

i have trouble too finding a slol sound ,

I profiled my mesa studio preamp , which is high gain based on a mesa mark iic its smooth and not too plecky ,

http://www.kemper-amps.com/rigexchange

search MESA STUDIO PRE DRY

and you can try it

• I just use a Gibson or Fender straight into the Kemper which goes into Cubase (Monitor output into soundcard stereo with audio cables (no, nothing wrong with the cables)). Nothing wrong with the signal chain. Profiles sound perfect, but solo sound I am not happy with. It sounds too harsh and cold. Doesn't matter which profile I try.

Post a clip of a solo you've done with Guitar Rig 5 so we can hear what you're looking for.

What profiles are you using that you don't like? What kind of sound are you chasing? I assume you're looking for a Slash tone? If so, grab a good Marshall profile and just tweak it with the EQ knobs. Then, put some delay.