need help setting up your Wah in the Profiler? do you own a rare Wah? let me know.

• Excellent, thank you mauruiz!

Here is a complete, tweaked-and-sweated-over list of everything shared in this thread and elsewhere on the forum:

Alternate tweaks in blue.

EDIT:
    This list has been superseded. No, that doesn't mean 300 peeps are seeding it on The Pirate Bay, but that it's been moved to its own thread and placed in the first post.

You can find it here:

Kemper Wah-settings List

I'll leave this one up here as it's part of the history of the list. I'll also not delete or edit the debate as to where it ought to be placed.

Kemper Wah-settings List

535Q Kirk Hammet by LiamThompson - Extreme Kirk-style Wah

Manual 2.3
    Peak 8.5
    Pedal Range +40%
    Peak Range -25%
    Pedal Mode: I use bypass at heel as I use a Behringer FCB1010
    Mix 94%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.0

Some tips:

If you use quite a bit of bass in your tone, you may be using more than I as I favour hot-rodded Marshall Plexi tones. Try increasing the manual level so you don't end up with almost a fundamental bass note in the lowest-wah position. Increasing the manual also extends how far up the top range you can go. Think of manual as the start-frequency range of the wah.

If you increase the peak more you will get an even more-pronounced, modern-wah effect in the higher / treble positions. Lower to reduce the effect and to go more in the direction of traditional wah sounds.

If you find it's still losing the tone and sounding thin, try reducing the pedal range below +40% to say 35% or 30%; that will bring more "guitar" to the tone

535Q Position 1

Manual 3.6
    Peak 6.9
    Pedal range +24
    Peak range -22
    Bypass to stop
    Mix 94%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.7

535Q Robin Trower by prsgary

Manual 3.6
    Peak 7.4
    Pedal range +25
    Peak range -37
    Bypass to stop
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 1.0

Bob Weir by flyingheelhook

Manual 9.5
    Peak 9.2
    Pedal Range -79%
    Peak Range -77%
    Pedal Mode: Touch
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 2.0
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.8
    Volume +0.5

I play both my LP Deluxe and AR305 with the volume dimmed, and my AR has a unity-gain preamp onboard. This would explain why Kulle had to make the tweaks that follow. I think everyone should expect to have to tweak these a bit no matter what.

Bob Weir by flyingheelhook with Alternate Guitar-level Tweaks by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 5.6
    Peak 7.7

Pedal Range -79%
    Peak Range -77%
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 2.0
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.8
    Volume +0.5

CAE MC404 by Don Petersen

Manual 3.7
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal range +30%
    Peak Range -49%
    Mix 95%

CAE MC404 by Don Petersen, Tweaked by drandall

Manual 3.7
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal range +40%
    Peak Range -49%
    Mix 65%

I finally ran the Kemper CAE Wah preset compared to the real thing and did a side-by-side. Once I turned that down to 65% and the Pedal range to +40%, it sounded identical.

CAE MC404 by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 3.7
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal Range +30%
    Peak Range -49%
    Pedal Mode: Bypass at Toe
    Mix 95%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

In my opinion it is a very-nice one, because it's well-balanced.

Cantrell by dahla

Manual 3.5
    Peak 7.8
    Pedal Range + 25%
    Peak Range - 38%
    Mix 96 %

It isn't a 1:1, but it sounds convincing. The Dunlop isn't as "digitally-perfect" in the sweep as the Kemper, and the ME expression pedal (the EP1-KP) that I have has a much-wider sweep than the JC-95. The sweep is the thing I love the most on the real thing. It's pretty narrow, but it feels awesome; you're never "off" anywhere. The knob setting I use on the Dunlop is slightly off-center, towards the more high-end setting.

Chi-Wah-Wah 1 by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 5.4
    Peak 8.0
    Pedal Range +20%
    Peak Range -22%
    Pedal Mode: How you like - I use Bypass at Toe
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

More-powerful bass. More-aggressive treble and presence.
    Can sound synthetic or "plasticky" in some situations or a little spooky and corrosive.

Chi-Wah-Wah 2 by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 5.4
    Peak 7.1
    Pedal Range +10%
    Peak Range +5%
    Pedal Mode: Your decision again - I prefer Bypass at Toe
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

Less-powerful bass. Less-aggressive treble. More-powerful mids.

Dunlop JH-1 by dahla

Manual 2.9
    Peak 7.9
    Pedal range +24%
    Peak Range -31%
    Mix 90%
    Volume -1.8

Dunlop JH-1 by dahla, Revisited by Don Petersen Using Info from the Manual

Manual 3.1
    Peak 7.9
    Pedal range +29%
    Peak Range -28%
    Mix 84%

Eltzejupp's (Frank) Wah Settings, Posted Elsewhere and Shared by Sharry (Harry)

Manual 3.6
    Peak 7.9
    Pedal Range +26%
    Peak Range -40%
    Pedal Mode: Bypass at Stop
    Mix 96%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

GCB95 modded with Red Fasel inductor by Don Petersen

Manual 4.1
    Peak 8.1
    Pedal Range +25%
    Peak Range -41%
    Mix 95%

GCB95 modded with Whipple inductor by Don Petersen

Manual 3.6
    Peak 7.4
    Pedal Range +25%
    Peak Range -37%
    Mix 94%

Mutron III Jerry Garcia / Jonathan Wilson Auto-wah Settings by Nick58

Manual 0.6
    Peak 7.3
    Pedal Range +66%
    Peak Range -18%
    Stereo 0.0
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 5.0
    Touch Release 1.7
    Touch Boost 4.4
    Volume +0.5

Made for humbucking pickup.

Mutron III Jerry Garcia by flyingheelhook

Manual 0.6
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal Range +50%
    Peak Range -8%
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 5.0
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.8
    Volume +0.5

Trower-like Songs by prsgary

Manual 3.1
    Peak 7.5
    Pedal Range +20%
    Peak Range -22%
    Mix 94%
    Volume +0.7

It is not based on any "real" wah that I know of; I was just messing around.

• From Eltzejupp I have stored also a posting regarding Wah's:
    Quote:
    Ok, i am sitting in front of my machine and I use the mission ep 1 gn.
    First: System menue: Pedal
    1: Mode =Pedal Type 1 Function: <<wah pedal.connection:
    Stereo cable from mission out 1 to pedal/switch 1 on the back of your kpa.Calibrate.Pedal
    2: Mode Mono switch. Switch Tip : Stomp D on/off.Mono cable from Mission out 2 to pedal/switch 2 on the back of your kpa.
    Calibrate.Systemmenue checkbox wahPedal>Volume set.Load a Wah in stomp D.
    Set: Pedal Mode: Bypass@stop Mix 96% Ducking 0, Volume 0,Manual 3,6, peak 7,9, Pedal Range +26%,Peak Range -40%Be sure that the wah in stomp D is on.
    Press rig button and have a look on page 3 of 6 pages.
    Make sure the the check box on the upperright side is setted to WahPedal to Volume. Thats it.
    If you like to switch of the wah use the switch of your mission.
    If you press it, the wah light (orange) on yout kpa switched of and you have the volume function on your pedal.
    To switch the wah on, press the mission pedal button again with your foot.
    Dont forget to store your rig!
    Unquote:

Thanks to Frank again and bye - Harry

• This thread is too long to read but I can not get my WAH to sound or react to my mission pedals correctly no matter what I do. I've had good WAH's on every other modeling amp and effects unit I ever had and they had very basic settings and all were immediately giggle. Not so here. WAH's are very simple and do not need much tweaking. I can't get the pedal to react correctly either even though it's calibrated. Mission Electronics Kemper Version. Basically I depress it toward the toe VERY little and it sweeps Where a real Wah starts to sweep somewhere after 1/2 way. It's really hard to get use this way when I barely touch it and it's already sweeping too deep....Alas..What gives?

• This thread is too long to read but I can not get my WAH to sound or react to my mission pedals correctly no matter what I do. I've had good WAH's on every other modeling amp and effects unit I ever had and they had very basic settings and all were immediately giggle. Not so here. WAH's are very simple and do not need much tweaking. I can't get the pedal to react correctly either even though it's calibrated. Mission Electronics Kemper Version. Basically I depress it toward the toe VERY little and it sweeps Where a real Wah starts to sweep somewhere after 1/2 way. It's really hard to get use this way when I barely touch it and it's already sweeping too deep....Alas..What gives?

You could try setting it up as a type 2 pedal in the settings. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but back in the days before the Remote, it used to turn the expression pedal into a logarithmic sweep, instead of a linear one. There was a Mission EP1-KP review on YouTube that demonstrated it.

• You could try setting it up as a type 2 pedal in the settings. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but back in the days before the Remote, it used to turn the expression pedal into a logarithmic sweep, instead of a linear one. There was a Mission EP1-KP review on YouTube that demonstrated it.

Thanks! I'll try that.

• LOL Thank you, GianfrancBro'... I think! :D

Wow, MonkeyMan, thanks a lot! I'm still looking for that VOX settings. If I find them, I'll post them here and send to you as a PM, ok?! Thanks a lot, again :)

Thank you, mauruiz.

I'll add the settings, should you find any, to the list and repost it.

------------------------------------
    Kemper Wah-settings List

• So... it doesn't matter which "Type" we choose first?

I assumed the algorithms were different. Is this not the case, Paul?

Kemper Wah-settings List

• Yeah, but I thought there were several algorithms, Paul.

No different from, say, hall vs room-reverb algorithms. Essentially the same parameter sets, but very different results for any given set of values. Know what I mean? So when I saw Kemper 1 and Kemper 2 or whatever, I assumed the algorithms were different.

I must've been looking at presets when I thought it was algorithms. Strange, as I've only ever used the left knob and not the right one so far. Hmm...

Kemper Wah-settings List

• Is there somebody who modeled this damn nice Plutoneium Chi-Wah-Wah

I moddeled a first result of Chi-Wah-Wah:

Manual: 5.4
    Peak: 8.0
    Pedal Range: +20%
    Peak Range: -22%
    Pedal Mode: How you like... I get bypass @ toe
    Mix: 100%
    Ducking: 0
    Volumen: 0

Maybe an idea too strong. Another update will follow if I get a better solution. ;)

• I'm glad I asked the question. I learned something today
    cheers all, this place rocks