kemper through p.a.

• LOVE kemper through spdif for recording. saved my life more than jesus ever could've.

played through a p.a. the other day, noticed two things:

- the high gain profiles gave me feedback no matter what.
    - couldn't get the delay or reverb post effects to work... the x/mod did tho.

it was a university bar stage, monitors cranked, but just too much. feeback.

• beats me. no noise gate, but i turn the guitar up on a high gain ampfactory profile just a little bit and it'd feedback, so i don't know if it was feedback in the conventional sense. i turn the gain down, it'd stop feeding back.

• Which PA speakers are you using? I only ask as I had to tweak the output EQ when going through my Wharfedale rig to 'tune' the Kemper to the speakers.

Start with everything on the mixer desk and kemper flat and adjust to taste

Hope you get the sound you're looking for

• Check your output settings - I bet you have them set wrong for the main output or whatever you were hooked into the PA. I've done it too!

Regarding feedback - if you have any amp - kemper, axe fx, tube, solid state, whatever - with a lot of gain and your monitors or cab are pointed or near your guitar - you could easily get feedback. If you have potted pickups, it can be controlled but it takes a little time and finesse. This is one of the things I love about the Kemper - I can get controllable feedback onstage. You have to mute strings you aren't playing, sometimes angle the guitar towards or away from the monitors, etc - but if you're getting uncontrollable feedback it's either how loud you are playing, how much gain you have or microphonic pickups.

• cool thanks. it was a quick setup, next time i'll really set out to resolve the issue.

on a side note, i don't see the point in a dedicated monitor that gives a flat response to hear the kemper sound accurately.

wouldn't you want to hear what the kids are hearing, so you can adjust it accordingly?

cool if you're only using that speaker and it's not mic'd, otherwise i'd say forget it, give me the sound that's going out there so i know.

• Absolutely, given a choice between a perfectly flat monitor and a monitor that accurately reflects what the audience is hearing I'd go with the latter every time. Unfortunately the latter isn't possible at the venues I play.