Ampsound.eu commercial profiles

• Not sure what is up with these guys, but I stumbled upon them. They have a free rig up, of a dr z maz 38, and it is by far the best Z I've heard yet. At first listen they are nothing special, they are REALLY raw and low volume. Especially the cleans. But crank up the Input level to around 8.3 or so on a single coil tele or strat, add a compressor, maybe alittle delay or verb and it may be my go to cleans from now on. Also the crunch profiles immediately found a spot on my pedal board. Same thing, crank up the Input level on the crunch profiles, alittle slap delay, and I was blown awaya personally, no other Eqing needed. Ill post a clip if anyone is interested. The rest of their profiles probably won't do much for me ( the cabinet choice with their high gain heads is definitely not ideal) but these crunch and clean profiles through a telefunken 676a and a royer 101 are pure bliss to me. Check them out, and it's FREE.

• Glad you like them!
    Regarding the level being low it depends on your guitar output as well as your KPA input settings. If memory serves me well we used a Custom Shop LTD Master Built Tele and a Les Paul vos for profiling.
    Profiles are a result of real production needs so I'm afraid they may not be to everybody's tastes.......
    I will make another free set available in a similar fashion to the Z in the next few days before moving on to the new bass pack and high end DI set.

• Ahh, i see them.

The download link is on Facebook. Didn't see that the first 100 times.

I kind of stopped reading after the "This is a freebie valid until October 31st 2013 limited to a hundred downloads."

Which should be taken down if it's still available (as it is) on their Facebook page. Shooting yourself in the foot for no reason there.

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• Yes it was a limited run. It was reinstated by making a few more available when a couple of nice gentlemen from the far east complained abut the link not working. I guess the language barrier played a role there with them not understanding it was limited to a certain time. We'll probably make this and the forthcoming month available anytime as soon as we manage to edit the page on the website....

• Ampsound, also the profiles labeled "drive" have gain T
    Zero, not sure if that was a mistake Or what.

These are just really fantastic to me. The cab from the slightly pushed profile, number 5 I believe and one of the crunch cabs are becoming my go to cabs on some of my other midgain profiles, mostly other dr z's to keep the flavor of the dr z sound, really fantastic job on these.

• ampsound, i meant to say the ones that you have labeled as "drive" profiles in your pack, have the gain set at 0.0, and are completely clean. There is no gain on them whatsoever, and turning up the gain yields unnatural sounding results, sorry for the confusion.

• Thanks for pointing that out. I had amended the docs regarding the first freebie pack on the website but forgot to put the new version in the download .... apologies, fixed now.
    That Shalanda Custom Cab is a 1x12" made of Pine to save on weight for us old timers with bad backs :D This combined with a leatherette style cover that is sawn but not glued (as you would with "tolex") make for a very vibrant tone closer to the speaker's own and taking less of a "stamp" from the cabinet itself.

• For bass players or guitarists doubling as bass players when recording we have just added an Ampeg inspired profile named Av4b. Shouldn't be too hard to guess where the inspiration came from. This is a classic running on 7027, similar yet different from a SVT.

Tracked through an Helios Type 69 preamp with a Neumann CMV3 (large diagram valve mic) , Sennheiser MD421HN (classic dynamic) and Neumann KM86 (small diagram capsule using cardiod and omni patterns). Through a Studer A80 so these are "tape" profiles (Basf 468).

http://www.ampsound.eu/page10/index.html

• For bass players or guitarists doubling as bass players when recording we have just added an Ampeg inspired profile named Av4b. Shouldn't be too hard to guess where the inspiration came from. This is a classic running on 7027, similar yet different from a SVT.

Tracked through an Helios Type 69 preamp with a Neumann CMV3 (large diagram valve mic) , Sennheiser MD421HN (classic dynamic) and Neumann KM86 (small diagram capsule using cardiod and omni patterns). Through a Studer A80 so these are "tape" profiles (Basf 468).

http://www.ampsound.eu/page10/index.html

Hi is it just me or if I remember well you posted a MarkIIc+ profile out there ? Any chance for you to propose a Iic+ pack ?

• Hi is it just me or if I remember well you posted a MarkIIc+ profile out there ? Any chance for you to propose a Iic+ pack ?

Hi there,
    unfortunately I do not own a Mark IIc+. I profiling my Blue Stripe Mark III at the moment having done A Caliber Plus and a Mark IV. I do have a friend that hopefully still has an original Cream tolexed USA version IIc+ . I'll see if I can get round to borrow it when he is not busy recording or touring.
    Cheers

• Hi there,
    unfortunately I do not own a Mark IIc+. I profiling my Blue Stripe Mark III at the moment having done A Caliber Plus and a Mark IV. I do have a friend that hopefully still has an original Cream tolexed USA version IIc+ . I'll see if I can get round to borrow it when he is not busy recording or touring.
    Cheers

Cool !
    I also profiled mine here

http://markiicplusprofiled.jimdo.com

Cheers