Best commercial profiles with TS in front of amp

• Are you looking for brighter profiles in general or for profiles created with a TS in front of it during profiling?

I have created A LOT of profiles and some with a TS in front of it - but stopped profiling amps with additional gear in front of it - since the KPA has some great stomp boxes inbuilt - and by this can you add a TS at any time.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Just came across something.

In the manual it states that putting a large value on "tube bias" in the Amp section will drive the distortions like a Tube Screamer.

• Yes, and it seems to me that they were on the money when they say in the manual that the Tube Bias and Shape in this unit are more noticeable with less-overdriven sounds. With these controls, especially turning the Bias up, a heavier attack allows you to bring in the dirt a little earlier in the overdrive level. Barely noticeable on the saturated tones though, whereas a Tube Screamer will really help to tighten up the front end of a soaking wet Dual Rectifier.

These days, I say stay close to The Head Itself! (or the miced rig-in-itself) unless I need to cut through some thick-ass acoustics with some boost from the TS greenie or some EQ. And when we want a sick grinding chunk, we're not just playin' through Mark II's anymore, so it doesn't take much beyond a stock head to get there. I can't wait to see if I can get some of these awesome tones to crank loud! Looking forward to moving into a rehearsal space this weekend. Okay, the train is derailing...

I like the Kemper's Tube Bias and Shape to play with the subtleties in cleaner overdriven tones, myself.

• Here's a list of other commercial vendors:
    http://wikpa.org/The_Profile_Hunt

What kind of profiles are you looking for? High-gain? What kind of guitar are you playing? Pickups? Tuning?

I tend to find TAF has excellent profiles. That said, I've found many of the other commercial vendors' profiles typically have Definition a bit higher, and they sound tighter in the bass. But this isn't always a good thing - I find Definition at 10 is often a bit too harsh, particularly for lead playing.

I find the Sinmix profiles get a good balance out the box - very tight but not harsh. Also, the TAF ENGL pack is nice, but you will likely need to add a virtual or real TS in front. Pretty much everything else I've had to tweak.

I'm mixed on the profile with TS baked in vs. raw profile and you can add virtual TS. I've heard some profiles where I clearly like the real TS better than the raw profile with KPA TS. But in general I find the KPA TS is very good and it usually suffices.

Personally, I say ditch the TS altogether and use pre-EQ to really get the amp sound you want. Also, don't put Definition at 10 - it's too harsh on lead playing. I can get similar tightness/modernity using the EQ but have enough control to avoid harshness.

• Finding all the ones from TAF sound a bit "dull" with my guitar for some reason. Can't find any other major distributors of profiles, anyone know of any?

I use a lot of TAF profiles with TS and I had the same problem with one of my guitars.
    Dude, just turn some knobs: Treble, Presence, Definition. The other option is to roll off some low end in Amp EQ or with Graphis EQ.
    :thumbup:

I find the Sinmix profiles get a good balance out the box - very tight but not harsh.

Thx Man!

My Peavey 5150 Profile with MXR

https://soundcloud.com/sinmixb…mper-5150-2-real-5150-mxr

One of My mixes

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!