Mission Engineering Gemini amps prices now announced!!!

• Yes, the 2X10 is the one that retains the most my attention too, but $1499.00 is not cheap... I don't have that money to spend now but if it appears to be a real killer stereo amp solution I could sell some gears to finance it...

I'm wondering how close to the cab one must be in order to really get a meaningful stereo sound tho

Exactly why Matrix refused to do an all-in-one stereo active cab.

2 x CLR wedges a bit wider sounds a better idea for stereo sound on stage.

• I had been gasing for these for a while but finally bought a used PE60 and a beyma speaker (I haven't installed it yet)
    I'm glad I did as these Mission Engineering amps are not in my price range. They look nice though
    Ingolf, I'm looking forward to reading your review :D

• My impression is that this kind of product is aimed at the "nostalgic" who want a guitar amp-looking setup for their digital rig.
    At first sight it's practical: one box fits it all; one mains chord; minimal real estate on stage. However, exactly each of these points is also a weakness: it will be heavier than separate units; less practical to move, to store, to carry (thinking for example of two passive cabs and a powerrack); you'll have to wear it like headphones in order to get a reasonable stereo effect; and you will have no freedom to set things the way you need them on stage. Sometimes is good (or necessary) to have the cab behind you and the Profiler at your side or in front of you, for example. Also, if you need to operate on the preamp you'll have to somehow open the box.

Furthermore, reselling this thing won't be easy, considering how few people in the world are even aware of what an Axe-Fx or a Profiler are, or how many are actually gigging with an 11R.
    I can be completely off-base here, but I'm really curious of seeing how popular it can become.

What do you guys think? :|

• My impression is that this kind of product is aimed at the "nostalgic" who want a guitar amp-looking setup for their digital rig.
    At first sight it's practical: one box fits it all; one mains chord; minimal real estate on stage. However, exactly each of these points is also a weakness: it will be heavier than separate units; less practical to move, to store, to carry (thinking for example of two passive cabs and a powerrack); you'll have to wear it like headphones in order to get a reasonable stereo effect; and you will have no freedom to set things the way you need them on stage. Sometimes is good (or necessary) to have the cab behind you and the Profiler at your side or in front of you, for example. Also, if you need to operate on the preamp you'll have to somehow open the box.

Furthermore, reselling this thing won't be easy, considering how few people in the world are even aware of what an Axe-Fx or a Profiler are, or how many are actually gigging with an 11R.
    I can be completely off-base here, but I'm really curious of seeing how popular it can become.

What do you guys think? :|

I think you are spot on.
    Personally I prefer a wedge form by far anyway.
    So everybody hoping for a review by me: sorry guys. ;)

• One of my favorite gear demo guys, Andy from ProGuitarShop, has released a vid on the Gemini 1 from Mission Engineering.

http://youtu.be/_1huYjpxoXQ

As always, YouTube demos are a bit compressed but I think are still helpful for comparing some gear. The Sound card feature is something few if any of the other frfr monitors include.

And here is another link to a recent Youtube demo of Gemini 1 that I found while posting. A few more details.

http://youtu.be/SsIcfmMNxsc

• Well, I took the bait,.. Ordered the Gemini 2 ( 2x12 stereo), and Gemini H head for my KPA rack. Will arrive this Friday. I'm not nearly as talented as others as far as making Demos, but I'll give it a try and should have something posted by middle of next week.

Being in stock at one of my Favorite retailers, tipped the scales heavily for this unit over other similar ones. I'm not patient enough for waiting lists for the Atomic CLR, and if I ordered any unit direct from Europe, no matter how good the reviews etc, I would anticipate delays and problems with any warranty work needed. (I have been very interested in BlueAmps and was Gasing for their Ultimate but having no US Distributor I had to look elsewhere.

Other than demoing and comparing the Gemini, it won't be used in the studio, it will primarily be for stage monitoring during performances, and rehearsals. In the studio, going direct is why I purchased the KPA in the first place. The ability to change cabs, mics, mic placement etc. is fantastic. Before the KPA, my most accurate recordings were done using various amps/preamps, played at stage volume levels into a Riverra Silent Sister, enclosed speaker cab. This provided very accurate mic'd cab sounds, while not resulting in a cease and desist order from the neighbors.

However, after creating several signature presets for my recordings, I had some difficulty transitioning to playing live. For several years I have used Tech 21 Sound Engines on stage, and during rehearsals. I tried many other options, but kept returning to the Tech 21's. They are not FRFR. I needed to make duplicate presets with no cab sims, and tweak the EQ a bit to be satisfied. But everybody else in the band preferred the stage feel of the Tech 21's to any of the FRFR monitors tried. The other monitors had a more Narrow field of optimal dispersion. I'm hoping that the Gemini's solve those particular issues. And, I admit, I'm "old school" and having a cab that looks like its a classic guitar amp appeals to me.

I'll post a definitive review, and support materials after the weekend fun of New Gear Day subsides.