Profiles for classic slide blues

• Hello, I'm looking for profiles/packs that suit for playing classic slide blues like Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf etc. I'm interested both in distorted and acoustic sound, using an electric and a reso guitar.

I understand that such profiles are not so popular here as metal profiles, for example, so I'll be thankful for any help

• Here are some great old and forgotten vintage amp profiles you might like.

I personally like a Marshall JTM 45 set on low gain for a jazzy bluesy tone (there are some on the RE). There are also some nice old Fenders out there but I find they are harder to get the more boxy type tone that I think of with those old recordings. I'm sure you could eq in that more midrangey tone, but I haven't tried.

• Try Bill Ruppert's VG99 Dobro and Kay Model 703 1962 rigs. For a more compressed country tone you might try my JTM30 Clean rig.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• It's not clear if you only look for free profiles.

If you like to spend a few bucks - check out my homepage.

For your style I would recommend these packs - base one the following amps:

52 - Marshall® CS JTM145 1964
    50 - Tone King® Skyking
    49 - Fuchs® Black Jack 21 MK II
    47 - Fender® Vibrolux
    46 - Bogner® Goldfinger 45
    39 - 65' Fender® Princeton
    36 - 1952 Fender® Deluxe
    21 - 1964 Fender® Blackface Concert
    18 - Marshall® Acoustic Amp, model AS50R Soloist
    17 - 1952 Fender® Deluxe
    16 - 1957 Fender® Harvard
    14 - 1954 Fender® ProAmp
    11 - Fender® 59 Bassman
    10 - Fender® Blues Junior Limited
    03 - 57' Fender® Deluxe

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• A version of Armin's 52 Deluxe is one of my core "go to" rigs :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I despise self advertising as its lame, but do search for "redplate" on the RE there is some good ones there. (by a user on this forum) - and of course there is the great Morgan20 that is good for slide guitar.
    Basically ignore any Marshall based amps, Slide + Marshall does not work well. - so your options are in line with..
    Carr, Toneking, TwoRock, Fender,vox, redplate etc etc..

Good luck in your quest for tone.

Give "jimmi's" profiles a shot too.