2.4 Beta - First Impressions...wow!

• I remember about 14 years ago on the Line 6 forum we asked the engineers to give us control of the position of the mic...obviously they couldn't, they didn't know how.

Boom!, Kempers just done it, the way the High Shift and Low Shift now work is like moving the mic around in front of the cabinet.
    Try it with a Strat on the bridge pickup, turn the High Shift down -1.5...ice picky turns into a beautiful thing.

This is a huge upgrade...I've been playing this one Profile for hours. :thumbup:

Try it with a Strat.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…014-05-04%2010-38-05.kipr

• This one.

Quoted from "ckemper"
    Our support has received comparison clips - from the OP, I guess.
    And yes, there is a noticable sound difference, that guided us to a flaw in the latest firmware.
    The bass responce of several profiles is too loud. I was able to find the cause and fix it.
    Thanks for this hint. We will release a new firmware soon.

A good moment to talk about sound changes in firmwares again.
    There has probably been no firmware without hints from users that the sound has changed. The descriptions of the perceived effects are very colorful.
    We even had a thread with 800+ posts about sound changes in the firmware.

The facts: This is a digital device. On analog devices you can get subtile sound changes by wearing of components. This cannot happen in a digital device. We have no motivation to change or "improve" the sound. If an error happen, it is obvious like the actual one. It can be proven by comparison clips.

To those that state that the sound has changed over and over: Every sound change needs work from us to change the software in a subtile way. Why should we spend our precious time and change the sound in purpose?
    Be more critical about your own perception and check twice, if you have doubts. If I gave you the same firmware again but told you the second had a different sound, how many of you would notice that the sound has NOT changed?

• I've just upgraded mine to the latest firmware.
    I hear no dramatic differences in profiles sounds I use the most.
    Good improvement are High and Bass cab controls: the results in changing them sound more "musical" an natural.

this is just what my ears say...

• Another question: It seems that the displayed data has changed. Before 2.4 there was the rig-creation-date, now it shows only "Guitar Rig". Did I miss something? Can I change this behaviour? I liked the rig-creation-date more, because this way it's easier to compare two stored versions of the same rig.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)