Wah Parameters and Stomp Blank

• Good afternoon fellow Kemperites.

Just a few questions:

What are the specific parameters with the Wah (Cry Baby) Stomp?

This information below is from the Dunlop manual for the Cry Baby Wah.

Manual (Heel Down) - Dunlop Cry Baby = 350-450 Hz. So what is the setting on the Kemper at Zero?
    Peak (Toe Down) - Dunlop Cry Baby = 1.5 kHz - 2.5 kHz. So what is the setting on the Kemper at Max?

What I am trying to calculate is a setting that imitates the Dunlop JC95 (Jerry Cantrell Wah), see settings below.

Dunlop JC95:

Heel Down - 320-390 Hz

Toe Down - 1050 kHz - 1270 Hz Min, 1700 Hz - 2070 Hz Max

Max Gain

Heel Down +18 dB

Toe Down +20 dB

Lastly, what happened to the blank choice on the stomp and effects? If I do not want any item in that box; there once was a blank that erased anything currently in that position. Now, there is not a blank and I am having difficulties trying to get a blank.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• - Have you tried the presets in the Kemper? Hold the button for your stomp slot, then use the Browse knob to flip through until you get to the ones labelled "WWAH". There's one in there labelled Crybaby. I use a tweaked version that sounds similar to my 95Q, so it should be in the right ballpark.

- I'm not sure if this is the same as the preset in the Kemper, but anyway: http://www.wikpa.org/FX_Settings_%26_Presets#Wah

- If those don't do it, try posting in this thread: need help setting up your Wah in the Profiler? do you own a rare Wah? let me know. (or Don might show up here two seconds after I post this)

As for the blank, are you talking about the "Nothing" choice at the very beginning of the effect list? Last time I used my Kemper it was still there, but I might be a beta or two out of date.

• Yeah, I know how to turn off an effect in the signal chain, but once upon a time you could choose not to have any effect in that spot. Meaning a blank. Now it seems as though the blank is no longer an option. I try to avoid loading every single slot with an effect. But if I need something then I know I have a blank to fill.

I guess what I needed regarding the Wah was the actual kHz or Hz ranges for manual and peak. That would help to reduce the turn and dial time of tweaking. I could get it close and then adjust. More than likely what I plan to do is take the preset for the Cry Baby and start cutting the toe down. The Cantrell Wah has an adjustment knob for this purpose. I will give it a try this week.

Thanks for the help guys.

• SanctumSolaris - I'm running 2.4.0 and still have the ability to delete a stomp or effect. Hold stomp/effect button until it flashes, turn Type knob all the way to beginning (slot just above WahWah) and press exit. deletes the stomp/effect for me. If it's not working for you, what version of OS are you running?

• I am using the 2.4.0 update. I will double check again in the morning, but last I looked there was not an empty space. Could be a tired head.

• I don't understand why there is a range for Toe Down min and max.
    does it have two modes as well as a range pot?

ignoring that for now - while you could probably get the range parameters set from this data, the other really important part is not mentioned:
    the Peak, or Q, or bandwidth of the filter
    and
    how the Q behaves during the sweep.
    Usually you have a more focussed filter at the lower frequencies and the higher up you go, the broader the filter gets.

so far, nobody that actually has a JC95 has contacted me.
    I need someone with the hardware get the settings right (hint, hint)
    :)

• The JC95 has a turn knob on the side to adjust the Toe Down frequency. Jerry is known for having used quarters to control the range of the pedal. Then Dunlop developed his own pedal. It does have a very unique sound (check on youtube for a demo). Also, the manual is available online and does include complete specs. I am thinking I can modify the Cry Baby setting for this type of sound.

• Found the blank on the stomps. Figured it was tired head. I was turning the preset knob instead of the type knob. All better, except for tweaking my rigs back to the way they were before 2.4. Guess Ckemper thought something like that would keep us busy for a months until he releases the KFC. LOL