New firmware released - 2.4.1 beta / 2.4.2 beta

• for the truth sake, I didn't play with new cab parameters , maybe there is a problem
    Very similar thing happened when the new Green Scream was introduced, I had to adjust all rigs with green scream to match the sound, where new sound was better than previous.

Nobody is talking about the sound because it shouldn't have changed.
    If you have a modified cab (change in the shift params) then obviously, there should be an audible difference and it's not very fair to blame Kemper for it.
    If everything is set flat, then we may have a problem. Can you record it and post here?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Moon phases have a great impact too , Lance 8o

You're right , changes in sound are more notable when playing through tube amp/Mesa cab as a monitor , than through QSC's as a main out , in my case.

No problem with me, I will accommodate it and find my way, we all grow with KPA during a time , and those free of charges updates .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Read carefully again please , no body blame KPA , especially myself.
    I even didn't blame KPA when I said (as one of the first to note that) about 2.4.1 bass problem .
    I said , not a big deal, will be fixed.
    I am saying it again.
    This is not Axe like forum , all members here have right to its own opinion- freely expressed , even if opinions are wrong .

This is one of things, apart from the better sound, which attracted lots of Axe guys to switch of on KPA side.

I do not need to record, as I did not need to record bass bug problem in 2.4.0 , I still have good ears , hope everybody have it as well.

But , obviously, this is about my age ;) , I pay more attention to the sound than to FX, editors , boot times,compatibility with iPhone, microwaves etc ... :thumbup:

Nobody is talking about the sound because it shouldn't have changed.
    If you have a modified cab (change in the shift params) then obviously, there should be an audible difference and it's not very fair to blame Kemper for it.
    If everything is set flat, then we may have a problem. Can you record it and post here?

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 4 times, last by Rescator ().

• A number of people have actually commented on the sound and have indicated that the 2.4 bass issue is fixed. Can you post some audio examples of 2.3.x and 2.4.1? I don't want to upgrade if there is a verifiable problem.

Edited once, last by SwAn1 ().

• just updated to 2.4.1 an boot time is now from 1:06.76 seconds down to 0:50.21 seconds with 718 rigs.

I didn't notice the bass bug but I did notice something weird on 2.4 (Official Release). I have been in the studio filming a new instructional DVD/Video and I used my CLR powered wedge during the shoot. As I was playing, I noticed phasing coming from the speaker. Talked to the engineer and he said he didn't notice anything in the control room.

Anyone experienced phasing issues on 2.4?

Photos of the set up etc are on my twitter...German's Twitter

• And, ANOTHER spanner in the works! :

THIS RIG MAY BE A BAD PROFILE CANDIDATE FOR TONE COMPARISON: The Cab parameters of this rig on Rig Exchange may not be exactly as when it was profiled. I may have adjusted them some before uploading it - I would have to compare to the original profile, to be certain.

Related to this thread's subject: A new dedicated thread for EACH RELEASE is a good idea. Changing the title of one thread each time the release changes is a VERY BAD IDEA. It will turn in into a thread that:
    1) confuses people about when the current release became available
    2) makes people think the current release has ALL the problems mentioned in the thread

Let the 2.4.1 thread die with that release.

Make a new thread for the next public release.

And, a new thread for the NEXT public release.

Etc :)

• I happened to like 2.4.0 for some tones, for instance I like my lead tones a bit darker. Kemper staff, is there any way I can get close to the sound of 2.4.0 with 2.4.1? I've tried raising lows and mids in the amp tonestack section by 0.1 each and got close, but not quite there methinks. Thanks! :)

• Hello All,

I have just gone through my fav and not happy.

I have noticed that most of my rigs now sound muddy and some have an oscillating sound like a phaser or under water. WTF is going on.

I have also notice a lot of my rigs now have plus or minus in the cabs.

Now when I go to my performance mode and play a rig, that rig does not sound the same and the same rig in Browser mode.

Please fix this.

Gezza.

• Paults thank you for your opinion! :)

Related to this thread's subject: A new dedicated thread for EACH RELEASE is a good idea. Changing the title of one thread each time the release changes is a VERY BAD IDEA. It will turn in into a thread that:
    1) confuses people about when the current release became available

This thread wasn't meant to bring any kind of information about current fw availability date. One can easily find out release date in download section of Kemper support page. We can also add release date to release information on this thread.

2) makes people think the current release has ALL the problems mentioned in the thread

You can find this concept of one thread for multiple sw releases of one package on eg. xda-developers forums and that is a massive one, and it is working quite well.

Let the 2.4.1 thread die with that release.
    Make a new thread for the next public release.
    And, a new thread for the NEXT public release.

I see these major downfalls of creating new thread for each new release:
    1. Who will set it up? What will be the name of thread? (There is a big chance, that we will have more than one thread discussing on new fw bugs & problems, as it was case of 2.4.0)
    2. Users participating in this thread are interested in information about all the new releases and I think they will be happy to get automatic thread notifications when new fw is available + their experience with it. If there will be new thread setup for new fw each time, we will get lost where to find it and if there is not other thread somewhere else.

My motivation behind this thread was to get all the information about new fw releases to one place and to keep all interested user updated about its changes easily.
    Maybe we should make poll on this question one thread vs. multiple threads?
    I would like to ask other fellows to state their opinion. This way we could make the right decision.
    Thank you. :)

• You don't understand the discussion because you don't want to understand it.

Don't be that nice.... ;)

I'm a professional guitar-player/producer and I can't afford working with buggy beta-versions. For sure there've been troubles with 2.4.0, because CK changed the official version back to beta-status, which simply means: it's still buggy.

Why not wait a little bit until the official version will appear? Just because of 10 to 15 seconds less booting-time and risking that probably ALL rigs will sound different? I don't get this, but everybody can install whatever he wants. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• @Günter: Problem here is that RM expires and would ONLY accept the (then) official release 2.40.
    It was 2.40 and RM or 2.33 and no RM.

It was a peculiar situation and could have been avoided by Kemper.

There's an easy way to use RM 1.0 Public Beta #4 with 2.3.3., it works fine. You just need the little program "RunAsDate", here's the thread about it.

If you make a shortcut, you can use RM with 2.3.3 like normal.

For sure it's not very comfortable that the only RM-version from the Kemper-webside requires 2.4.0/2.4.1. So you need an old beta-RM with some tricks to use the last official firmware-version (2.3.3). Or you use the official RM with a firmware beta-version, strange anyway..... ?(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited 4 times, last by guenterhaas ().

• I'm currently playing with a profile back and forth. I can't record where I'm at right now, but it appears I'm hearing difference.

More highs in an earlier version with TAF's Bluesbreaker FULL2. I'm going back again to the earlier version to confirm it to myself.

Only way to truly know is to record side-by-side comparisons. I'll leave that to others. Get back in a moment.

• I need 2.3.3 to check.

Apparently restore's don't alter the OS, just restore your rigs and settings. So the changes I'm hearing are alterations to settings. Not the OS.

• Ahh, I see exactly where I have differences now:

The Distortion setting is lower on my older backup. Gotta ensure consistent parameters, oops! Good lesson for me!

I also thought backups backups the OS you had at that time too. Not so!