profiles from www.soundside.de - my opinion

• Hi Guys!
    I woudlike to share with you my opinion about packs from http://www.soundside.de. I was playing in my band about 6 years on my lovely 5150 with Mesa 4x12 Cab. I have tried a lots of amps (Bogner, Mesa, etc.) but I absolutely love my 5150 on stage and in the studio. About 7 months ago I decided to switch real amp into Kemper, because me and my band we had a logistic problems with our huge racks. When I first time try default profiles and "the best" free profiles from web I was disappointed. That was disgusting, ugly, digital sound on the stage! It was still far from my old 5150's sound.
    A few days ago I bought a packs from http://www.soundside.de and now I can tell, that I'm happy and satisfied! They are smooth, thight, natural without shrill highs, sound and feel in play like true tube amp! I truly recomend these packs - Diezel is my favourite one! You should try them! Thanks!

• The only pack I've bought from Soundside is Mark V amp (not a combo), but I don't use them at all. Not the Mark sound I was looking for (Petrucci tone or about that). I used to have Mesa Triaxis which covers Mark IV sounds, so I know what I'm talking about.
    However I plan to give Soundside profile a chance, planning to buy Lonestars, may be some Marshalls.
    Everybody glorifies Diezel, but I like my VH4 from TAF - very good with in a mix with band live.

• Konstantin. Outside of th free djemass and Thumas mark profiles I'd try the choptones mark V ch3 pack. Closest to the Petrucci sound I've come across. Namely because they mic up jst like petrucci does.

I think SS excels at Marshall based sounds like the bogner, suhr and marshal plexi. Those are my favourite SS profiles (inc the vh4)

I will try the TAF version. There are some jems in his packs. The JCM hot mod is up there with the best for me.

• I have the plexi profiles from Armin. It took a while to find the right one, but his Plexi is one of my main tones I use for gigs. Bright and cutting! But not harsh!

• Konstantin. Outside of th free djemass and Thumas mark profiles I'd try the choptones mark V ch3 pack. Closest to the Petrucci sound I've come across. Namely because they mic up jst like petrucci does.

I think SS excels at Marshall based sounds like the bogner, suhr and marshal plexi. Those are my favourite SS profiles (inc the vh4)

I will try the TAF version. There are some jems in his packs. The JCM hot mod is up there with the best for me.

Thanks for the advice, man. I'll give choptones a try.

• As you know I like Armin's profiles ('57 Fender Deluxe, Plexi E, Goldfinger, Diezel VH-4 ect.) and I also like a lot of Andy's profiles (Fender packs, pack 8, '59 Fender Bassman ect.).

Honestly for me the other vendors are not as good as Armin and Andy, I bought a lot of other stuff, but at the end I only use profiles from Armin, Andy and some of my own.

They have tons of excellent profiles, so everybody should find something.

I'm still surprised about the bad quality of the KPA-presets, I just use one preset (Soldano SLO100).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I'm still surprised about the bad quality of the KPA-presets, I just use one preset (Soldano SLO100).

Got the same impression after I switched on my new rack - with only the factory rigs .....

... but in the meantime are so many great profiles available - there should be something for everybody.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I finally gave in and so glad I did...

I picked up a few of the sound side packs and in particular the Diezel VH4 is just off the charts amazing.

What's really great is how you label and organize them so well. Once I read the readme and saw the method I just had to listen to a few to know exactly what I was looking for.

In the end I did 4 rigs, clean, crunch, rock, and lead, and played my first gig on them the day I got them. All I did was pull out some low end and add a couple of subtle studio EQ tweaks that I usually do to any amp or profile.

The best part is this is why you get a Kemper... good tone fast.

• Honestly for me the other vendors are not as good as Armin and Andy, I bought a lot of other stuff, but at the end I only use profiles from Armin, Andy and some of my own.

I'm still surprised about the bad quality of the KPA-presets, I just use one preset (Soldano SLO100).

This is why the honeymoon ended very quickly for me with the KPA.

Until last night when I bought 5 amps from Armin (4 last night).

The stock KPA profiles take an incredible amount of tweaking to sound OK....they come very dark and bassy with little clarity. Armin's profiles are almost ready to gig with minimal tweaking of knobs....just a slight boost in highs and a reduction in bass and I'm ready. :thumbup:

I had the '57 Deluxe (which started my Soundside.de love affair). :D
    Last night I purchased the Diezel VH4 (which is also my favorite clean amp as well as high gain), the INCREDIBLE Marshall 1959 hand wired Plexi model (OMG :thumbup: !!!!!!), the Elmwood Modena M60, and the Marshall 50th Anniversary JTM-45 Custom (Anderton's).

Just these models cover everything I do and they sound incredible.....sweet spots galore!

Thank you, Herr Heinrich, for the quality amp profiles! :thumbup:

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me