Much more stompboxes

• Yep agreed. The effects need to be improved / more added.

On what ground do you think this is needed? I don't need/want more stomp boxes. Which one(s) are you missing in particular? Have you tried placing them in front of the Kemper?

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I would love a fuzz that doesn't add a lot of top or bottom end and is capable of lower gain settings.

The other stompbox in my list is a chandler tube driver or a similar pedal.

• Delay Stomp !! That's what's missing ...and I don't want to carry another pedal around just to do it :-/
    it's even in the manual ....

That has been discussed a lot and I am not aware of an official reaction, whether it can/will be implemented.
    But if I understood the TO he wanted MUCH MORE (meaning many additional overdrive presets, without specifying any 1 of them) not the increased flexibility of putting a delay in front of the amp block.

And that's what I was referring too, when I asked what (OD) pedal are you missing. And it's fine if you don't like to carry a pedal, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still a working solution for what seems to be a ?temporary? shortcoming/inflexibility of the KPA design.

Maybe I am too Old School, but I have to say that this demanding/somewhat negative attitude that comes with "I want this, I want that, for x&a $ the Kemper has to have, ... becomes increasingly harder to tolerate.

The general term that comes to my mind is "spoiled little brat".

90% of the game is half-mental.

• The Kemper has a Spring Reverb, I've quoted text from http://www.wikpa.org/Effects

Spring Reverb[edit]

There is a really good (bad) ;) sounding spring reverb in the Profiler. It's called Matchbox in the Reverb section. Set pre-delay to 0, limit the bandwidth a little bit (watch out, there's a lot happening between 0.0 and 1.0 already) and use frequency to turn it brighter. I have a few spring reverbs here (Accutronics, Dynacord, no name...) and the Profiler can capture their vibes easily.

DonPetersen

• Sorry but spoilt brat ?? Come on all I'm asking for is something that was in the manual ...and something that was definitely a selling point for me when I bought the KPA ...I'm more than happy with all the other FX capabilities and to be honest things like Tape Stop seems a little over the top but hey each to there own ...when I purchased the KPA I wanted a one stop lightweight great sounding tone source so that I could ditch all the extra pedals,cables,psu's etc .....you might think this sounds like a spoilt brat Big HF ....
    Can I add that I'm aware of the 'matchbox spring ' reverb but it doesn't sound or react anything like a real spring reverb (something that even software like Amplitube does achieve ..)
    Don't get me wrong folks I love my Kpa ...take it to all my gigs ...use it on all my sessions ...I'd just like what it said on the box ...to be in the box ;)
    I'm off to have my hand peeled quails eggs now and by god my mummy had better of got them right ;)

• I would love a fuzz that doesn't add a lot of top or bottom end and is capable of lower gain settings.

The other stompbox in my list is a chandler tube driver or a similar pedal.

From a Marshall amps perspective: Using the Clean Boost and (optionally) some pre-EQ will give you pretty much the same range of sounds as the Tube Driver that I had for many years. Or, just turn up the GAIN knob, for that matter :)

• Maybe I am too Old School, but I have to say that this demanding/somewhat negative attitude that comes with "I want this, I want that, for x&a $ the Kemper has to have, ... becomes increasingly harder to tolerate.

The general term that comes to my mind is "spoiled little brat".

Given that it is a feature request section why not let him ask for anything he wants to? When expressing what one would like to see added it has to come down to saying "I want this, I want that" at some point. Also don't forget that in a forum it is often hard to discern the tone that is being used, especially given that it is an international group of people who post here and English is often not their first language. Personally I think that calling him a "spoilt little brat" is uncalled for but maybe I missed the tone you intended it in or English is not your first language ...

• What I wanted was:
    STOMPS: more overdrive pedals options (suhr, tech21, fulltone, carl martin, t-rex, mxr, z.vex, jim dunlop.... those all sound different), other stomps like AXE FX has it, and more importantly better replicas than those inside kemper now.
    EFFECTS: this is the most problematic area. Right now delays and reverbs are not even close of the range of afe fx and line6. Also different compressors (some with classic settings), limiter(s), eventide like effects,...

How can someone ask "what more do you want"? This is a VERY expensive box so it should have all those options. Look at the AXE FX options.... it's light years ahead in effects, editor,.... Look at the much cheaper line6....same thing.

So please, be reasonable.

• The Kemper has a Spring Reverb, I've quoted text from http://www.wikpa.org/Effects

There is a really good (bad) ;) sounding spring reverb in the Profiler. It's called Matchbox in the Reverb section. Set pre-delay to 0, limit the bandwidth a little bit (watch out, there's a lot happening between 0.0 and 1.0 already) and use frequency to turn it brighter. I have a few spring reverbs here (Accutronics, Dynacord, no name...) and the Profiler can capture their vibes easily.

DonPetersen

While it's true that Don has been quoted in the wiKPA.org I fail to find where he originally stated this.
    What I do find tells pretty much the opposite, Matchbox is NOT a spring reverb:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…hp?p=17033203&postcount=7

If there was a bit more user activity on the wikpa.org Wiki, I would prefer to only allow quotes with links to the source of information. ;)

• Axe FX is much more expensive, Line6 much cheaper and from what I've heard and read both units don't sound better than the KPA. If you want more effects, buy a Line6 M9 (or even two - pre and post stack) and you're still ending up cheaper than with an Axe FX. IMHO some people here are losing the right perspective...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• While it's true that Don has been quoted in the wiKPA.org I fail to find where he originally stated this.
    What I do find tells pretty much the opposite, Matchbox is NOT a spring reverb:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…hp?p=17033203&postcount=7

If there was a bit more user activity on the wikpa.org Wiki, I would prefer to only allow quotes with links to the source of information. ;)

the quote is taken out of context.
    I just pointed out a way to create a spring-like with the Matchbox algorithm.

• What I wanted was:
    STOMPS: more overdrive pedals options (suhr, tech21, fulltone, carl martin, t-rex, mxr, z.vex, jim dunlop.... those all sound different),

this type of request (basically just a "more, More, MORE!") isn't really very helpful. ;)
    if there's a specific stomp out there that does something unique and useful for a lot of players, please let us know.
    btw. there are only a handful of dirt somp designs out there that get copied and copied again.
    TS, BigMuff and FuzzFace circuits being the obvious choices, but also the Rat. (which btw are all on board)

other stomps like AXE FX has it, and more importantly better replicas than those inside kemper now.

I don't agree. I have pretty much every dirt stomp in the Profiler as (at least one) real pedal here, and the Profiler versions are absolutely fine. Funny how barely no one ever talks about the amazing shapers (soft, hard and wave) and the great things one can do with these on their own or wiith another stomp or EQ.

EFFECTS: this is the most problematic area. Right now delays and reverbs are not even close of the range of afe fx and line6. Also different compressors (some with classic settings), limiter(s), eventide like effects,...

instead of having a large number of tone-wise fixed delays for example, we much prefer to have a flexible one - that's easy to operate.
    the number of models and parameters available isn't an indicator of 'better' ;)

So please, be reasonable.

indeed :)

• Funny how barely no one ever talks about the amazing shapers (soft, hard and wave) and the great things one can do with these on their own or wiith another stomp or EQ.

Probably only a few know what to do with them (I'm not included in this group) as there isn't an equivalent stomp box in the guitarists world.

I learnt some uses from the factory rigs and some of your posts but I'm sure I'm underestimating them.