We need a Talkbox effect for the next Update...

• Hello to all here in the forum.
    I would have got a question.
    Is it possible with the Kemper amp via the Return input to produce a talkbox effect?

I would like to play anything with my Kemper and do without external effects.
    it would really be possible by the software or?

This would be great for songs from the 80's.

thank you for your attention.

Dante

• The Kemper has a TalkBox in case you didn't know, I use it live at times and it does pretty good though not like having the real thing. Paults has some sound clips in the thread I've linked below. Cheers!

Soundcloud set of Kemper effect sounds - Shimmer, Organ, Pedal Steel, Talkbox, Synths

I like the talk box one on Paults soundcloud page sounds quite good :thumbup:

• I have a Rocktron Banshee talkbox connected to the FX Send of my KPA. The tube goes to a Shure SM57 which goes through a preamp and then the FX return of the KPA. Works well, but since some firmwares ago every time I select a rig with the FX Loop turned on, the direct output in the master gets also turned on. This sucks because from then on, even after leaving the rig that uses the talkbox, the banshee keeps its speaker on and pumping the guitar audio through the tube which ends close to my head (and ears), very annoying.

I have complained countless times that selecting a rig with the FX loop turned on should not mess with what to my knowledge should be a global setting, but I am beginning to suspect that this issue won't be fixed. I know the direct out shares its jack with the FX send output, but IMHO after leaving the rig that uses the FX loop, the direct out should be set to whatever it was before selecting said rig - in my case, I'd have it switched off.

• What speaker is pumping the annoying guitar audio? Stage monitor? Not sure of your setup.

The Banshee talkbox is just a small amp with a speaker connected to a plastic tube that you attach to your microphone. The talkbox effect is actually the guitar sound amplified by the device, going through the tube that goes in your mouth and then is modulated back to the microphone. Ideally the talkbox should be turned off while not in use because it's fairly loud, and up to a certain firmware (don't remember which, it's been a while) when I switched to a rig that wasn't using the FX Loop the previous state of the direct out was restored. With the current firmware, once you switch to a rig that uses the FX loop, even after you switch to something else, the direct out is kept turned on.

• Paults is very helpful and is great with profiles. I like the Talk Box Pedal, but even with increased Shaper for added dirt, it still leaves me wanting to use my CryBaby Qxxx, but I really want to keep the floor clear. Something in the pedal settings needs tweaking, but I can't for the life of me get it more realistic. Paults, can you? Can anybody else? :thumbup:

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• The ones I previously posted were meant to sound similar to the the beginning of "Rocky Mountain Way", and the beginning of "Living On a Prayer".

Can I assume you are talking about the live version of that Frampton song? (the studio version has a thinner, buzzy sound). I'll give it a listen.

If you can get a similar enough sound from your wah, the pedal controlled version should be able to do it, too. It likely would need to be dialed in to suit a particular guitar. The melodic hook should be easy enough to do - it may just be a matter of adjusting the filter range, or the way the pedal is used. But, he uses a lot of different vowel sounds in the live solo, particularly toward the end of it. I'm using a Banshee live, because it can do more than a vowel filter.

A talkbox/vocorder in the Kemper would be great, but, it may be the kind of feature than would not be used by most users.

• Hey Paults, I took your advice and with just a couple of minor tweaks have a sound that will work nicely for me. I took you profile, added as you suggested, a DS1 before the stack, cut the Peak to 7.3, Peak Range to 12%, and Pedal Range to 46% and it seems better, at least today, at least with my guitar! (PRS limted edition Custom 24 2008).

Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbup:

Gary ô¿ô

• I can't really see how the Kemper could do any kind of Talkbox effect....I have 2 talkbozes , A Heil & A Rocktron Banshee 2...both work by sending the guitar signal into your mouth and p[icking up same by mic once its shaped.....how can the KPA do this ? only way I can see it working would be to take say the monitor out into a small boosting pre-amp that has a tube that goes into your mouth before the signal goes back into the PA through a mic to get a true version of the effect.

therefore I assume youre talking about some kind of vox sounding effect? what pedal parameters could you set to control it ?

am I missing something ?????????????

• I can't really see how the Kemper could do any kind of Talkbox effect....I have 2 talkbozes , A Heil & A Rocktron Banshee 2...both work by sending the guitar signal into your mouth and p[icking up same by mic once its shaped.....how can the KPA do this ? only way I can see it working would be to take say the monitor out into a small boosting pre-amp that has a tube that goes into your mouth before the signal goes back into the PA through a mic to get a true version of the effect.

therefore I assume youre talking about some kind of vox sounding effect? what pedal parameters could you set to control it ?

The Kemper currently has a Vowel filter in it. It can't do words, but it can do quite a bit.

Pedal controlled:

https://soundcloud.com/pshamell/kemper-kpa-profiler-talk-box

Guitar dynamics touch controlled:

https://soundcloud.com/pshamel…r-kpa-profiler-sound-talk

Both of the above Rigs are available in RE/RM.

IF an update could make it possible for the Profiling Mic Input to be used along with a vocorder effect in an FX slot, it could sound even more like a talkbox.

There's a long history of vocoders that use a mic instead of a tube:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocoder#Artistic_effects

• BTW - I Just uploaded my tweaked Paults Talkbox Pedal version of the Frampton sound, at least as good as I can make it. Download it and try it out. It's labeled:

# Show Me The Way

in the Rig Exchange. Let me know how you like it. It shows exactly what Paults is talking about - pedal controlled vowel effects. Not used by a lot, perhaps as viabcroce says, but in my cover bands, it's a popular sound.

Gary ô¿ô